Can anyone help me?!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jewelee

Can anyone help me?!

Postby Jewelee » 22 Jan 2015 14:54

I have a few questions about lucid dreaming or that relate to it...
I started to learn how to lucid dream firstly because I want to get in touch with a long lost love. I'm having problems moving on and thought maybe if I can speak to him by entering his dreams, maybe I can have the closure I need. Obviously, as well to explore my subconscious mind and learn more about the worlds that we can't consciously see.

Firstly, I had a dream this morning that I was walking up a dirt road path on a hill. It was in the beautiful county side, in the country which I live. I then saw a tree and a cliff and walked over to it. I hugged the tree and then I smelt death...it occurred to me that maybe one someone had died there, where I was standing.
I then looked out at the horizon. It was breath taking. I then felt a slightly menacing presence nearby, I felt slightly uncomfortable like it was close to me but I couldn't see it but it didn't make contact with me. I then woke up.

I didn't know what to make of this and it scared me a little bit. I wanted to know maybe because I've been working on becoming lucid and have made a little bit of progress could there be a presence out there who know about my desire to get in touch with my lost love and wants to stop it? I felt like it didn't want me there. What should I do if it happens again? Also do you have any advice for me on my goal to reach my love? There really isn't too much info out there on how exactly to do this. Can I dress in clothes I want to be seen in? Any advice would be appreciated. Am I overreacting?

GalMutzafy

Re: Can anyone help me?!

Postby GalMutzafy » 25 Jan 2015 19:06

Sorry if it doesn't really helps you, but I think you mean you want lucid dream and summon him in the dream? if that's what you want then I recommend in the dream, while you are lucid, try to open a door and imagine he is beyond the door, also try to turn around, imagine he is behind you and turn around again expecting him to be there.

Sorry if I got you wrong.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Jan 2015 10:30

Entering anothers dreams is extremely rare and even those of us who have been fortunate to experience this once (I think there has only been less then a few of us at this website who have had that experience), it hasnt been something we had control over at all and rather something which just happened.

But if you want to just dream about seeing him again, that is easy enough but only something ones subconscious and conscious thoughts are making up (so you wouldnt really be in his dream but in your own dream of being in his dream)... but I guess it could still help you come to some kind of closure like a last meeting even if it is in your imagination.

. I then saw a tree and a cliff and walked over to it. I hugged the tree and then I smelt death...it occurred to me that maybe one someone had died there, where I was standing.
I then looked out at the horizon. It was breath taking. I then felt a slightly menacing presence nearby, I felt slightly uncomfortable like it was close to me but I couldn't see it but it didn't make contact with me.

That sounds like typical dream symbolism stuff, I dont think the experience was real so I dont think you need to worry about "the presence". With dreams your thinking and emotions will create.. eg In this dream you started to think of death .. death then being an uncomfortable and fearful thought to most of us so that in turn then went on to create a menacing presence in the dream.

If you have any lucidity at all in a dream, I suggest to stay away from thoughts of death topics or anything else you fear as they can turn dreams into a nightmare (stay away unless you are wanting to face your fears).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jewelee

Postby Jewelee » 01 Feb 2015 12:56

Thank you GalMutzafy and Taniaaust1 for you replies! I really appreciated it.

Taniaaust1, thank you so much answered all my questions... It's quite disappointing to hear this, but it's the reality of the situation so now at less I now know...

Like you said I can at less try to dream of him myself and maybe this will help me.

Oh and I've was checking out the articles that Rebecca has posted and I think that that dream I had was something else...I can't remember the term but it's where you go into sleep paralysis too quickly and you can sometimes feel an evil presence.

I think right now, I can't possibly this Lucid dream with him because I was can only be lucid for a very short time, but I want to try it ..at less.
Do you have any other suggestions that could be helpful for me since I'm a real beginner?

deric23

Postby deric23 » 01 Feb 2015 17:25

Ask a general question of the dream field-when you are lucid or in that sleepy state but not yet dreaming- for advice on the issue.

As for the menacing presence it was almost certainly something coming from your feelings/subconscious-taking the symbolic forms of dreamland. Here again ask what it represents. Try to get some dialog going about what or how it can help you. Do your best not to run away. Realize that the fear may be real but the real danger in not.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Feb 2015 01:09

I think right now, I can't possibly this Lucid dream with him because I was can only be lucid for a very short time, but I want to try it

As with dreaming you are working with your subconsciousness, it's quite important to not be thinking negative like this as otherwise your subconscious may not be helping you to have LDs for a longer time (sometimes the subconsciousness can help by giving reminders into dreams that one is dreaming).

Also if one is believing one can only have short LDs, you are more likely to end up in that situation eg the part of the mind which has become conscious will be thinking the LD will end soon while you are in it. This can cause one to wake up so hence loose the dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”