nesgirl and Summerlander

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: nesgirl and Summerlander

Postby HAGART » 26 Jan 2015 01:33

:D
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 26 Jan 2015 01:40

So it just happens every 30 seconds or something I think.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Jan 2015 04:48

I programmed the Animated GIF so I know. It's every 60 seconds.
(I used GIMP)

I know nesgirl is into computer arts, so she would know what I'm talking about. I'm just a rookie though and like to dabble in everything for fun.

I'm a jack-off on all trades and a master of none. ;)

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 26 Jan 2015 05:10

HAGART wrote:Take a few days to think about it before you truly want to be erased from the forum, but realize you won't be erased from our minds. You know many of us will miss you if you leave. I do poke fun at times, but that's what I do with friends and with people I feel comfortable and familiar with. It's just the way I am.

I really do want to be, however Peter won't erase/ban me that easily, like he says. If it were that easily, and there was a delete button, I would use it, because simply put, I don't really have much to offer for this website, nor do I have much to offer for this world. It would be better off if I were erased.

Oh and don't feel bad about your jokes, Hagart. If I make jokes at all, they are very lame.

I know nesgirl is into computer arts, so she would know what I'm talking about. I'm just a rookie though and like to dabble in everything for fun.

Actually I am not very good at my art either. I have struggled to get back on my feet very much since my professor mocked my project last term, saying how horrible I was before I could even finish my project, and it shattered my confidence. I haven't even have had the confidence to do much of anything since he said that to me.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

I accidentally erased the title.

Postby HAGART » 26 Jan 2015 05:34

I had an Uncle tell me once, and I agree, there is no "Computer Science" the way classes label them. It's all Computer Art. Science is just a process of coming up with new ideas, that's all. Art is different. Very hard to pigeon hole. It's an expression. That is all. You take emotion and turn it into something someone can understand whether it's visual art, music, food, all the senses.
Last edited by HAGART on 27 Jan 2015 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

nesgirl

Re: I accidentally erased the title.

Postby nesgirl » 26 Jan 2015 05:47

HAGART wrote:I had an Uncle tell me once, and I agree, there is no "Computer Science" the way classes label them. It's all Computer Art. Science is just a process of coming up with new ideas, that's all. Art is different. Very hard to pigeon hole. It's an expression. That is all. You take emotion and turn it into something someone can understand whether it's visual art, music, food, all the senses! A program is only as good as its palette.

Good for you for erasing the title. I don't like having my username in there anyways.

I didn't even know you could upload GIFs on this website, well now I do. Back in high school, I created a WILD emoticon, which basically showed a smilie face moving up and down vibrating (because I enjoyed the WILD technique, and would enjoyed using it in my emails all the time), however, Icedawg took it, and copyrighted it. So I technically no longer own it.

I am attempting to study for a quiz at this time, and as I am trying to get through this busy programming class, I am trying to get my confidence back together to work on a car avatar (I got really upset when I was halfway done, then my computer crashed and erased the file, I didn't want to say anything about what happened, because I felt terrible)

In case you didn't know this, I sometimes do joke or vent with some of my Lucid Dreams or Multimedia Designs if I know I am going to intentionally target someone. I first did that back in elementary school when I was getting even with my bully by throwing them into a volcano, then drawing it out. However it ended up turning into a classroom joke which ended up being very funny. Actually if you didn't get the Amy and Joey one, I actually turned it a bit from serious to a bit of a joke as well. Because Joey was somewhat based off of Peppy le Pew from Loony Toons, except slightly more polite version than him, although just as equally as persistent (you can't imagine someone coming back from Islam unscathed and waiting to take on more punishment from the island, see that's why I thought Amy and Joey would make a great comedy, because Amy wants to be queerplatonic friends, Joey keeps being put into the friend zone, trying to get out of it, the island being asexual will have none of it and keeps finding comical ways of kicking him off, yet like in those comical skits, he comes back the next time for more.).
Goodbye forever...

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 27 Jan 2015 02:07

DesertExplorer wrote:No, no.. you got it all wrong. First and foremost, poetry is not meaningless. In fact it can have an infinite number of meanings. You just haven't thought enough of it. Second, I hear you, but it's not so linear as you portrayed. I could give you my own understanding for that, but I want you to maintain a clear mind and give a shot at taking a good look at Blake's work. But if you're not interested anyway, just ask me and I will tell you about my own opinion on this.

P.S. Via drugs? I thought that are own nature has plants that can do that. I cannot think of any of these plants to have been elaborated

Depends upon the definition of "meaning." Certainly science and art cannot be compared through the same lens, especially when it comes to meaning; that, I think, is self-evident. If, by your appendage, you meant, "Via drugs? I thought natural plants had drugs in them. I cannot think of any plants that have been enhanced by scientific measure," then ... what? :? I can't make a reply to this until it's legible and coherent, so I'll just move on.

I'm not saying anything about William Blake's work, I'm only analyzing the quote in isolation and out of context, for that was how it was provided. A quote provided in isolation should either encompass the entirety of the quoted person's meaning or else not be provided--otherwise the writer is being misquoted, wouldn't you agree?

As Charles Bukowski put it, "An intellectual says a simple thing a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way." And, no doubt, art shouldn't be discounted. Sinclair's "The Jungle." Orwell's "1984." Stowe's "Uncle Tom's Cabin." These are just a few of the many great works of fiction that have provoked, stirred, influenced, enraged, elucidated, inspired, and ultimately shuttled humanity as it made its way through the passage of history.

Hopefully my poetic savvy isn't too terrible--I write poetry of my own (most of it being sloppy, nihilistic garble) and am very fond of artistic and sentimental literature like Shakespearean sonnets, poetry from Walt Whitman's "Leaves of Grass," and Allen Ginsberg's "Howl"; perhaps the quote is making a biblical allusion? Perhaps Blake is implying that satiating our curiosity about the nature of reality through pursuing scientific knowledge will only lead to furthering our potential and affinity for evil and a taste for knowledge sends us down the path of destruction, while art is quite the opposite (an over-used and insipid idea that is commonly illustrated through the image of a medical doctor not being able to admire the female face but rather only seeing it as a collection of bones and muscles like the orbicularis oris and the zygomaticus major all tugging away and performing optimally). A juxtaposition and conclusion that, I reiterate, is meaningless and fallacious. Unless you're thinking in the mode of "soft thinking," a term Hagart and I coined to refer to thought that isn't entirely logical and is so abstract it cannot be related in words. For example, the things that occur to you when submerged in hypnopompia.

HAGART wrote:I'm a jack-off on all trades and a master of none.

I think I'm the only one who caught that. Lol.
Well said.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 27 Jan 2015 11:28

I'm glad to hear that deschain! I personally believe that Blake wanted to say that science has a limit and that limit can be death. Your finite organic perception, as he would call it, can get you as far as your brain can. But imagination can take you anywhere. but, I admit it's a little more personal than that; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_%28Blake%29
He disliked science, perhaps because of all that visions he had in his life. Memorable fancies! I love them.. Especially that with the devil and the angel. I will post a part of that in my signature as well.

They were calling him a madman back then. Can you beat that? I mean, the guy makes so much sense! Well, now I guess. He must lived in the wrong era, hehe..

To continue, the thing is that you wonder about life, alright? In your left hand you have art and in your right the science. When you use science, you can almost calculate how much life you have left. While time is an illusion, science makes it linear and you can see an end, death clearly. But when you look with the eyes of imagination life is infinite. There is no end you can see and even if you can, it can be the beginning for something else, as well. But what does tell you the truth? Your brain or your mind? I stop here as it is about belief now.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 27 Jan 2015 11:40

Hey, nesgirl! I did saw that avatar so many times and didn't notice it was you!! :D

~David Gerrold

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Jan 2015 19:13

DesertExplorer wrote:Hey, nesgirl! I did saw that avatar so many times and didn't notice it was you!! :D

I found a really cool picture of a male Pikachu in a fighting stance online, and I edited it to make it into a female Pikachu in a fighting stance. It's from that new fighting game (sadly female Pikachu isn't in it). Here is the original picture of the male Pikachu: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/558618528199499776/photo/1

Here are the gender differences on a Pikachu:
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/025.shtml#

I keep teasing in my DJ about shape shifting into a Pikachu with a heart-shaped tail, because female Pikachu are distinguished by their gender by having a heart shaped tail.
Goodbye forever...

Return to “Off-Topic”