how to make a dream machine

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Edue98

how to make a dream machine

Postby Edue98 » 02 Feb 2012 04:34

i just found out about this video and i wish could tell me if it would work. http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-a-lucid-dream-machine/
The interpretation of dreams is the royal road to a knowledge of the unconscious activities of the mind. ~Sigmund Freud

MrFlux

Re: how to make a dream machine

Postby MrFlux » 16 Feb 2012 22:50

That will work to flash lights in your eyes. I do not know the theory behind the idea that it will keep you partially awake and therefore aid in lucid dreaming. Who knows different things work for different people. If you are technically competent it is a simple thing to make.

The flashing light will have the effect of photic brainwave entrainment. However he does not mention or seem to be concerned about the frequency. Again I question his initial theory and put forth photic brainwave entrainment as an important factor here.

I would suggest adding a circuit to control the frequency. It would be pretty simple, just do a frequency divider off a 555 chip or something like that. You can probably find a circuit design on the net or in a textbook.
For Binaural and Isochronic beat videos for Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, Study and Focus and More.

Karmic Beats http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKlawdek

aamorim

Postby aamorim » 29 Feb 2012 18:19

Thanks for the post Mr Flux ..

Another alternative is play with arduino ( open source hardware/software ). It cost arround $12. BTW, Arduino microcontroller (the chip inside the board ) is even better than REM-Dreamer microcontroller. I've made a prototype with it to detect the REM basicly I used an PIR Sensor as INPUT and as OUTPUT I've got to Led's witch I managed to attach it to swimming goggles ...

The source code I wrote goes below but it's very basic code.. Now I coding another code that send my REM pattern to a host and generate a graph ... If you want to get info and thousands of ideas what you can do with this litter one ... visit: http://www.arduino.cc/

/* Open REM-Detector project v.0.1
Copyright (c) <2012> <Andre Amorim, at andre@amorim.me >
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
Except as contained in this notice, the name(s) of the above copyright holders shall not be used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or other dealings in this Software without prior written authorization.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. */

int ledPin = 7; // choose the pin for the LED
int inputPin = 2; // choose the input pin (for PIR sensor)
int pirState = LOW; // we start, assuming no motion detected
int val = 0; // variable for reading the pin status
int pinSpeaker = 10; // Set up a speaker on a PWM pin (digital 10)

void setup() {
pinMode(ledPin, OUTPUT); // declare LED as output
pinMode(inputPin, INPUT); // declare sensor as input
pinMode(pinSpeaker, OUTPUT); // delcare speaker as output
Serial.begin(9600);
}
void loop(){
val = digitalRead(inputPin); // read input value
if (val == HIGH) { // check if the input is HIGH
digitalWrite(ledPin, HIGH); // turn LED ON
playTone(300, 160); // playTone(300, 120);
delay(150); // delay(150);

if (pirState == LOW) {
// we have just turned on
Serial.println("REM detected!");
// We only want to print on the output change, not state
pirState = HIGH;
}
} else {
digitalWrite(ledPin, LOW); // turn LED OFF
playTone(0, 0);
delay(300);
if (pirState == HIGH){
// we have just turned off
Serial.println("REM ended!");
// We only want to print on the output change, not state
pirState = LOW;
}
}
}
// duration in mSecs, frequency in hertz
void playTone(long duration, int freq) {
duration *= 1000;
int period = (1.0 / freq) * 1000000;
long elapsed_time = 0;
while (elapsed_time < duration) {
digitalWrite(pinSpeaker,HIGH);
delayMicroseconds(period / 2);
digitalWrite(pinSpeaker, LOW);
delayMicroseconds(period / 2);
elapsed_time += (period);
}
}
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
--Carl Jung

Kahraha

Postby Kahraha » 20 Jun 2013 20:30

MrFlux wrote:That will work to flash lights in your eyes. I do not know the theory behind the idea that it will keep you partially awake and therefore aid in lucid dreaming. Who knows different things work for different people. If you are technically competent it is a simple thing to make.

The flashing light will have the effect of photic brainwave entrainment. However he does not mention or seem to be concerned about the frequency. Again I question his initial theory and put forth photic brainwave entrainment as an important factor here.

I would suggest adding a circuit to control the frequency. It would be pretty simple, just do a frequency divider off a 555 chip or something like that. You can probably find a circuit design on the net or in a textbook.

Who knows different things work for different people. But that wasn't worked to flashlights in my eyes in past days.

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 02 Jul 2013 07:30

This video describes the very detailed expects of dreaming.

luchodream

Postby luchodream » 03 Mar 2016 01:24

Hi have you a component list and circuit ? wich arduino do you use?.

I think i can figure out from the code, but i'm a begginer arduino programmer.

Another question. Does the pir sensor work fine and activate with eye movement?.

Thank you

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”