Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Summerlander

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby Summerlander » 26 Jan 2015 21:37

I've noticed that, too, Peter. I tried it myself and couldn't get anything solid either. In Astral Viewers we had Bedeekin who claimed to be able to do it. What he termed "1st phase OOBE" was equivalent to Monroe's Locale I; "2nd phase OOBE" was Locale II. I invited him to 'visit' me and prove it. He never did. Even more bizarre was his claim that he could alter physical reality via the metaphysical realm. This was right before that website's demise... :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 26 Jan 2015 22:49

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:08, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Jan 2015 01:31

I disagree with your suggestion that science should stay out of the realm of lucid dreaming, nesgirl.

Some valuable data can be gleaned from lucid dreams which potentially expand our understanding and help us to formulate new theoretical models in fields such as neuroscience, psychology, humanistics and oneirology.

Lucid dreaming has already been established as a hybrid phase state which compounds dreaming and wakefulness in a peculiar way and certain brain regions are observed to be unusually active in consensual sleeping subjects. Never say, "Don't go there."

Enquiring about lucid dreaming and meticulously researching everything at play here may yield new and more effective therapies and even possibly provide the key to the mystery of consciousness - and the current inchoate picture we have of this puzzling phenomenon should not discourage our research either.

Here is a little fact for you: If someone like you had dissuaded physicists in the '30s from delving into quantum mechanics, you would not be sharing your ideas online today.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Jan 2015 02:38

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Jan 2015 05:34

how do you know that in your dreams right now that you are not being manipulated and forced into being happy by another
How do you know that the thoughts you think are yours
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Jan 2015 08:39

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Jan 2015 09:03

I am usually the one who controls the Lucid Dreams, and always will

We control elements of the dream only and thats enough to make it interesting but a lot of the time I will walk through a wall and ask for a surprise on the other side so am I controlling that and if not what is.

I suspect and have said this a lot that there are a few aspects to us and at times one of the other is a little more dominant. Science may pin this to brain wave states and thats fine but does not provide an answer.

Where I am going is that no matter what aspects are not controllable and they are where the new adventures come into it

As for the government I doubt they would ever want to look at our minds but if they could would seek to control each others leaders. Lol - that would really balance out and we would be the same but have a Chinese Obama, an American Russian and a Chinese I dont know

Imagine the fun we could have pouring info into govt databases
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Jan 2015 18:00

When it comes to research on lucid dreaming, scientists manage to find subjects who are willing to have their brains scanned and stimulated while they sleep, nesgirl. So even if you don't agree with this type of study, there are many who do.

And even if this research leads to the ability to fully "read" people's minds at some point in the future, nobody can look into yours without your consent - unless, of course, you commit a felony that makes you lose that right. You can always vote for a politican who promises to ratify a decree guaranteeing the right to mental privacy for civillians and only what is consented will be divulged.

I also want to point out that secret government agencies may have to hack minds in order to nab dangerous international foes. This would be top secret and I doubt that they would be interested in insignificant quirks that you may want to hide. Anyway, this is another topic which has its own ongoing debate.

Now, Peter...

What kind of answers do you expect from science about certain mental phenomena other than concomitant brain waves or synaptic activity? What else could we expect other than the electrochemical excitations that we observe?

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 27 Jan 2015 18:39

debooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Does anyone suggests that we live in a matrix? Peter?? :?:
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Jan 2015 18:53

What kind of answers do you expect from science about certain mental phenomena other than concomitant brain waves or synaptic activity? What else could we expect other than the electrochemical excitations that we observe?

LOL - that would be the clinical result of the experiment. The foundation stone that would change our world view and start a new branch of science would be if the source of the phase change was external and not some sort of normal stimuli. Just a random thought, guess it was mine...

No not a matrix as I think this reality is solid for our purposes but maybe a matrix beyond ours that we could be part of. The dream world in another place other that our minds

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”