Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
nesgirl

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby nesgirl » 27 Jan 2015 18:57

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:10, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 27 Jan 2015 19:05

A romantic scientist? I thought that an aromatic one would be rare.

Edit: Is there not a word like aromantic? It shows red when I write it.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Jan 2015 19:31

Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Jan 2015 22:49

Nesgirl...

You do know that the mentally afflicted get scanned and treated with their best interests in mind, right? Or, in some cases, what we imagine would be their best interests if they healthy. (Example: What we imagine to be the best interests of a paranoid schizophrenic if he were sanely sober.)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 28 Jan 2015 02:57

Goodbye forever...

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Jan 2015 04:47

most of that happens to normal people if we could agree on what normal is, daily life for a lot is just a form of submission with their minds being programmed and emptied of any useful thought.
Wouldn't be to concerned about SciFi getting to real in the near future
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 28 Jan 2015 06:02

Goodbye forever...

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Jan 2015 08:06

Summerlander wrote:I agree with testing things out for sure. If one is convinced that they are having a real OOBE, by all means try to do what Monroe claims to have done.

I have also had dreams that duped me into thinking that "astral projection is real after all" which were quicklu followed by false awakenings where my abode was infested with poltergeists and my wife accusing me of having opened a Pandora's box. Then I wake up and I'm back to my sceptical self. Those were definitely just dreams and false awakenings... not lucid dreaming.

Keep trying to prove, hopefully one day you will do.

I do suggest thou if you really think you are astral and seem to have got some things which in real life seem to confirm it as being some kind of real experience but something is out eg things in house which shouldnt be there. Ask the others in your house what they dreamed the night you were having the expeience or right at the same time, as others thoughts while they are dreaming, imprint onto the astral (but they only last for a very short time).

I had that happen once. I was having what I could of sworn was an astral exprience (OBE) but ended up getting very confused when there was childrens presents which had just been opened throu out our lounge room, wrapping paper thrown about everywhere in there. In real life, I knew they werent there.. this send me into a lot of confusion of "maybe Im dreaming this one but it really feels like an OBE". I'd never had an experience in which I was sure was an OBE but things just didnt fit before this.

It turned out my eldest daughter that same night I had that OBE, had had a dream in which she had party and had opened presents in that very room and yeah she'd left the mess everywhere in her dream. My OBE must of happened a very short time after she had that dream which imprinted itself on the astral plane of our house. (Ive got no idea how long things like that imprint for but as its just a brief thought of another, I'd think not too long at all).

Maybe this would of been another shared OBE/dream or whatever one wants to call it..if I'd got out of body a little sooner while she was still having the dream. We've had had one shared dream exprience together at the same time, waking up the same time too in which we both remembered.

Anyway.. do ask your family about their dreams at the time if you are sure something is an OBE but there is something there which dont fit. You may find an explanation for the thing out of place which may surprise you. (Ive been lucky with my daughter as the two times Ive wanted to know what she dreamed due to having an experience myself, she was able to recall her dreams in depth. She's got a photographic memory).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Jan 2015 08:21

nesgirl wrote: Not to mention Hitler and Bin Laden would be there with their evil virgins. This sounds horribly frightening and sounds more like a living hades.

lol, Bin Laden with his evil virgins. You have got quite an imagination going on there.

I dont think Ive even ever dreamed goblins! even thou I found that gremlins movie scary lol.

That is one thing I think science should stay out of, and that's our Lucid Dreaming minds. We should be allowed to have our personal freedom on our own.

Its good for science to investigate everything. If you dont believe in something, it shouldnt worry you at all science investigating it. Some things thou are harder to study then others esp when most people cant easily have certain experiences at will on cue.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Jan 2015 08:33

Summerlander wrote: And even if this research leads to the ability to fully "read" people's minds at some point in the future, nobody can look into yours without your consent - unless, of course, you commit a felony that makes you lose that right. You can always vote for a politican who promises to ratify a decree guaranteeing the right to mental privacy for civillians and only what is consented will be divulged.

You have far more faith in governments then I do. I bet if they did have the technology to be looking into peoples minds, that they would be secretly spying everywhere all over the place without permission. Just like they are apparently doing with peoples mobile phone calls around the world.

Thou I dont think they would be all that interested in nesgirls mind :) , she'd just be one of the crowd.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”