First Lucid Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Tosugos

First Lucid Dream

Postby Tosugos » 27 Jan 2015 04:03

I had my first Lucid Dream in the last couple of weeks. It was very short.
I was walking down the street with my friend, then I stopped, and suddenly thought: "WAIT! AM I DREAMING?". I started to pay attention to the details, fluidity of time, then I realized that no, I wasn't dreaming, it was too real. I kept walking, then woke up. I was in a Hammock (yeah I had slept in a for the first time). I thought "OMG I WAS DREAMING HOW AM I SO DUMB". Then I tried to fall asleep again. When I did, I was in a car. That was when I had my 5 seconds of lucid dream. "I AM DREAMING! AMAZING!" *wakes up*.
That was it. Very short, but I'm still amazed by how real those dreams are. I did think it was reality at first.
Since then I stopped trying so hard to have lucid dreams, as I had had one, I thought I wouldn't need to try so hard. Never had one again. =/

DesertExplorer

Re: First Lucid Dream

Postby DesertExplorer » 27 Jan 2015 18:57

I remember a dream where something weird happened and I was very scared when I woke up. After that I drunk a cup of water and went back to sleep with the thought that I had to realize when I dream again for me to be able to wake up (those days I didn't know anything about LD). And then I dreamt telling my friends about the last dream I had. I woke up feeling so stupid. How could subconscious trick me like that? :|
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

hectorjose

Re: First Lucid Dream

Postby hectorjose » 28 Jan 2015 00:05

@tosugos I know what you mean, something similar happens to me quite often when I go lucid. There are times when I become fully lucid in a dream but the scene feels so real, that I feel confused and unsure if I am lucid in a dream, or actually awake in waking life. There are times where I have been in buildings and I think to myself, if I jump out that window or try to go through a wall, what if I'm really awake? There have been other times when I am in a crowd of people and I feel compelled to talk to someone or flirt with a pretty woman, but get hesitant because I start wondering to myself, " wait, what if this is waking life and I make a fool out of myself?!"

I learned to do reality checks, where you can test out whether the awareness is occurring in a lucid dream or not. For me I always look at clocks and see if they change when I look at them and look away. If they have drastically changed when I take a second look, I know I am fully lucid and no longer worry about hurting myself by jumping out a window of a high rise, or making a fool of myself by kissing a woman without even talking to her first lol. For me, often times when the lucidity is so strong, I really don't know whether I'm lucid or awake, until I do my clock test!

Holding a girls hand, driving a car (usually by grabbing someone driving, throwing them out of the car and getting into it to take off), kissing, it all feels so real (sometimes even more real than waking life because as I experience these things I am often in a state of awe of how "real" it feels). When I first started lucid dreaming, i remember thinking, "I can do that?" and over the years I have learned its more like "we (human beings) can do that..." Lucid dreaming happens to more people than just myself was a big realization for me early on in my lucid dreaming beginnings. I am always interested/fascinated to read about other people's first experiences...thanks for sharing... and don't feel discouraged, you will have more lucid dreams. :)
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”