vitamin B-6 not working for me?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

vitamin B-6 not working for me?

Postby Patch » 28 Jan 2015 00:39

so i started trying to lucid dream for a few month now, i got a dream journal and ive been writing in it. 3 days ago i got a bottle of vitamin B-6, each capsule has 100mg. i took this before bed the first night and the dream was not anymore vivid than my usual ones. the second night i forgot my dream. why isn't it working for me? im 13 and male. do i need to take more? less? thanks

Re: vitamin B-6 not working for me?

Postby Inedible » 28 Jan 2015 09:18

I bought some 100 mg B6 tablets, too. Taking 3 of them didn't help (before bed). During the day with food I use a multivitamin, which has several B vitamins. Recently I started using B12 at the same time as the multivitamin. The B6 was before bed because I was trying to use it for lucid dreaming.

No results.

If I hadn't had dozens of lucid dreams and hundreds of near misses (this is a dream, but I don't think I care) I'd be a bit concerned by now about if lucid dreaming even exists. I've had a couple spontaneous out-of-body experiences without falling asleep being involved and I am having serious doubts that I will ever do it again. It isn't enough to read about someone else doing a thing.

Re: vitamin B-6 not working for me?

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Jan 2015 09:31

Belief itself can help more then taking anything. Belief in that you can do LD will help your subconsciousness alert you to when you are dreaming. I recommend not relying on anything to LD as one then often just forms a habit of having to take something to LD when it may not have been at all needed in the first place

Often the techniques people are using are far more important to having success.

After a few months of no success. I do suggest you change what you are doing there. I wonder if you are doing regular reality checking. If you are not, that should be the next thing you are doing to try to trigger off a LD. You should keep up your dream journal.

Also try to do regular reading on LDs.. really get your mind thinking about this. Dont just read this website..try to immense yourself this and believe you can have one.

At your age.. I suggest to hold LD in mind as you fall asleep and also try to get straight back into your dream as soon as you wake up (dont move), imagine how it felt to be back in that dream. I dont suggest waking yourself up in the middle of the night as at your age its important not to be getting disturbed sleep.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”