Hi...again

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
zebrafriek1

Hi...again

Postby zebrafriek1 » 17 Feb 2012 04:48

So last december i had a pretty good thing going and had developed excellent dream recall yet i gave up on it. Why? I just became lazy. I now want to reimmerse myself in lucid dreaming and want to use this regimen.1. Use a dream journal and improve my dream recall.2. Do reality checks.3. Do affirmations at night and practice the mild technique. 4. Practice the DEILD technique whenever possible. 5. Try to meditate at least 10 minutes a day. Does this regimen sound good?Am i missing anything?Thanks.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Hi...again

Postby lucidinthe sky » 17 Feb 2012 04:56

Sounds like a good regimen to me.

For me, if I don't want them enough, I don't get them. I get lazy too and no LDs. For me it's: lazy = no LDs. Focus on it=LDs. It's pretty simple and very predictable.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

zebrafriek1

Postby zebrafriek1 » 17 Feb 2012 23:07

Yeah but i really want to try the WILD method because if you read my other thread, i honestly sat there for 30 minutes and i have heard doing a WILD in the middle of the night generally takes no more than 20 minutes.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 17 Feb 2012 23:19

My experience has been that doing WILD in the early morning works best, I've tried in the middle of the night and couldn't. I also tried right when I went to bed, not advised.

Stephen LaBerge says that LDs occur mainly in the morning after several REM cycles. I focus my efforts there when I'm tired enough, but not too tired. For me it's often my very last dream in the morning that goes lucid and many times with the WILD method. Being able to sleep a little longer and maybe have 2 tries at is great. Before my last LD I was thinking to myself, just one more dream, please? I know this one will be lucid. Sure enough it was. I'm going to take a nap now and try to WILD, haven't been successful at that yet.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”