Majic Journeys

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Howtolucid

Re: Majic Journeys

Postby Howtolucid » 12 Oct 2014 19:49

I've never used Choline before. Can you advise as to if there are any side effects at all?
Visit HowToLucid DOT com for free Lucid Dreaming lessons!

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Oct 2014 08:00

So far there have not been any side effects for me. I use sparingly and that is about once every two weeks. In combo with G and
it works well but wont help much if you have not had a few LD's and have no control over your dreams.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Peter

playing with light

Postby Peter » 30 Oct 2014 16:32

I had been lucid for a while and found myself in a darkish quiet space. In a room and for some reason I looked about and then ahead. There was a small blue spot in my vision and I have seen this at times during waking hours poking out into my visual field. I looked at it and then put my hands in front of me about shoulder height. I asked with will for the light to grow or expand and it did. The dot filled the space between my palms and took up an oval shape. It was a clear shape with blue flecks and bands running between both palms and got very hot. I put my palms closer together and then out again and it changed to a ball of light and back to an oval. I played with the shape and intensity for a while. It made my hands vibrate and get hot. The last thing that happened is it changed from a blue oval between outstretched palms to a very tight ball of red light. I let it go after that.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Peter

WILD

Postby Peter » 23 Jan 2015 23:33

an update on my attempts to make WILD as easy as waking up

I have not posted a dream for a while but have been averaging around 3 lucids a week for the last couple of years so no let up at all in that area. Some dry spells and some really massive runs as well

Been working on WILD for around 18months to see if I can get it where it feels as natural as waking up in the morning and becoming aware of this reality. A lot of progress lately with the last couple of weeks providing some insights. I am getting lucid 3 or 4 times a week and in each session there maybe 2 or 3 entries at least. Its very easy to do this but has taken a long time and I have had a lot of experience at WILD and a lot of success over a lot of years. WBTB with getting up for around 2 to 2.5 hours, a cup of coffee and then back to bed is the key. I sleep no more 4 to 5 hours in the first sleep at most and sometimes a lot less. I also dream and recall from the first sleep quite easily but don't record many of these as it would just be too many entries. WBTB - relax, look at the darkness and expect nothing at all. just look and that's all you do. Wait and wait and just observe. Some changes occur in the field in font of your eyes, let them, take notice but don't react in any way to them. This is the crucial point as you are very close to entering the dream. I will a few variations at this point, a sense of motion, of going somewhere, or see a scene form up. I still do nothing but observe and notice and if I get this right in an instant I will be in the dream just standing there. There can be a few odd feelings in your body just around this entry time as you disconnect from external impute and if you react to them in anyway you will ping out and need to start again. This has taken a long time and a lot of noticing and thinking about the mini changes that occur in going from waking to dreaming with unbroken awareness but the results are amazing to me. Around twice a week its an effortless and amazing transition to a fully aware dreaming state. No supps other than coffee and that's around 2 to 2.5 hours earlier so not sure if it will have a great effect at that point. Longest times in lucid state are around 2 hours with a lot of 30 - 50 minutes events.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Jan 2015 14:25

Thanks for sharing. It was very interesting to read how you do WILD as you do it very differently then me, opposite in some ways.

Im going to give your way a go.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Jan 2015 16:31

great, keep me posted and how about posting how you do it and I will try that as well

Peter

Crunch crunch

Postby Peter » 29 Jan 2015 01:42

28/1/15
WB2B
WILD
Relaxing and looking at the darkness, a small wisp of energy float out and somehow I am just there, only lasts a few moments as I start to think about how and what just happened.

This was interesting as in amongst the darkness and waiting for the usual images and feelings this thread or energy is there. Its no more that what would be a cup of water thrown into the air and I am attracted to it in some way, in an instant I am lucid and puzzled. So fast and so easy I did not comprehend the jump. One more piece of the puzzle to ponder

DILD
In a big room, massive glass windows and a lot of big pc screens in front of me. I am In my virtual trading room where I want to practise a few ideas and sort some issues. I am happy getting on with it and know I am lucid but make no effort to RC.
A DC wanders up to me and says he is there for the exam. Great and he is keenly watching me, I tell him we are dreaming and he is interested and I put my fingers through my hand and then into my head and wiggle them around a bit. The DC then does the same with his fingers and next puts his thumb in his mouth. Crunch, crunch he bits his thumb off, pulls his hand out and watches it grow back. Now it’s his fingers, again some wicked crunching sounds and he pulls out his hand and watches the fingers grow back.
A decent lucid after this but not important.

Interesting that in the last few months the DC’s are accepting they are lucid and have no problems with RC’s and are enjoying the experience. I wonder if it runs with my goals of easy natural WILD’s and me becoming more accepting of anything I find in the dreamspace and that lucid’s are in my mind totally natural and meant to be

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Feb 2015 04:14

Interesting that in the last few months the DC’s are accepting they are lucid and have no problems with RC’s and are enjoying the experience. I wonder if it runs with my goals of easy natural WILD’s and me becoming more accepting of anything I find in the dreamspace and that lucid’s are in my mind totally natural and meant to be

Id think it is probably that reason for it too.

Peter wrote:great, keep me posted and how about posting how you do it and I will try that as well

The things we do completely different are (Im not saying you are wrong with anything below as what works obviously works but just my thinking is very different to yours).

1/ I dont believe in disturbing ones sleep to have a LD (I have had a lot of sleep issues in past) so never wake myself up

2/ I dont believe its a good thing to rely on a substance of any kind for a LD (can develop "a habit" in which then a person may not be able to LD without it).

3/ I dont tend to usually get visual images before I go into a LD (I do only in about 5% of cases). On the very rare occassions I do get one, half the time or more, I manage to use the image by interacting with it in some way to use it to draw myself into the LD (so I do opposite to you there).

eg an inch wide patch of colour I'll expand with my mind by thinking of getting closer to it so hence it growing.. I then will suddenly find myself in a scene, that patch of colour has then became something eg the wall paper on the wall.

or say on a rare occassion I havent felt my dream body being elsewhere yet but have heard a voice near my physical body. I'll try to engage with it eg I imagine myself talking to the voice (I usually mentally project out "who are you?" I usually end up finding myself in a LD.

4/ I may just "feel" im in the right state to trigger off a LD and then do something to enter one eg feel Im in the right state to have an experience then just summersault and suddenly find myself in a LD

5/ Much of the time when I do WILD, my senses enter a dream at different rates (so I will aware of both my physical body and also the LD Im in at the same time).

eg Commonly my sense of feel enters a dream first. I can feel myself elsewhere eg standing on a street of a busy road but still hear and feel the physical world too, my sense of feel is often the only sense at first. I dont have dream sight at this point, that tends for me to be my last sense which comes into a LD.

I will be aware of my dream body breathing at the same time my physical body is breathing (interestingly they breath at different rates, it is sometimes something like that which alerts me to that Im entering a LD). I think I may be far more active pulling myself into a dream by focusing on whatever sense is in the dream place. I really work at times at getting myself there.

6/ I also dont use any set techinque. I go by whatever feels right to me "that night" to get me into the LD state. eg chanting, focusing on my physical, holding dream world in my mind or whatever else feels right at time. Someone one night can feel completely wrong way to go another night (so I dont really have a technique to share). My experience of entering a LD is often quite different to the time before eg your wisp experience... I never know in what manner Im going to enter the LD in (thats one of the things with my LDs I find interesting).

:) you can see from these things we do our LD quite differently.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Feb 2015 04:22

Id think it is probably that reason for it too.

Peter wrote:great, keep me posted and how about posting how you do it and I will try that as well

The things we do completely different are (Im not saying you are wrong with anything below as what works obviously works but just my thinking is very different to yours).

1/ I dont believe in disturbing ones sleep to have a LD (I have had a lot of sleep issues in past) so never wake myself up

2/ I dont believe its a good thing to rely on a substance of any kind for a LD (can develop "a habit" in which then a person may not be able to LD without it).

3/ I dont tend to usually get visual images before I go into a LD (I do only in about 5% of cases). On the very rare occassions I do get one, half the time or more, I manage to use the image by interacting with it in some way to use it to draw myself into the LD (so I do opposite to you there).

eg an inch wide patch of colour I'll expand with my mind by thinking of getting closer to it so hence it growing.. I then will suddenly find myself in a scene, that patch of colour has then became something eg the wall paper on the wall.

or say on a rare occassion I havent felt my dream body being elsewhere yet but have heard a voice near my physical body. I'll try to engage with it eg I imagine myself talking to the voice (I usually mentally project out "who are you?" I usually end up finding myself in a LD.

4/ I may just "feel" im in the right state to trigger off a LD and then do something to enter one eg feel Im in the right state to have an experience then just summersault and suddenly find myself in a LD

5/ Much of the time when I do WILD, my senses enter a dream at different rates (so I will aware of both my physical body and also the LD Im in at the same time).

eg Commonly my sense of feel enters a dream first. I can feel myself elsewhere eg standing on a street of a busy road but still hear and feel the physical world too, my sense of feel is often the only sense at first. I dont have dream sight at this point, that tends for me to be my last sense which comes into a LD.

I will be aware of my dream body breathing at the same time my physical body is breathing (interestingly they breath at different rates, it is sometimes something like that which alerts me to that Im entering a LD). I think I may be far more active pulling myself into a dream by focusing on whatever sense is in the dream place. I really work at times at getting myself there.

6/ I also dont use any set techinque. I go by whatever feels right to me "that night" to get me into the LD state. eg chanting, focusing on my physical, holding dream world in my mind or whatever else feels right at time. Something one night can feel completely wrong way to go another night (so I dont really have a technique to share). My experience of entering a LD is often quite different to the time before eg your wisp experience... I never know in what manner Im going to enter the LD in (thats one of the things with my LDs I find interesting).

:) you can see from these things we do our LD quite differently.

Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Feb 2015 08:19

I just happen to get up 5 days a week very early for an hour or two WB2B is just something that I take advantage of. I also have had a lifetime of broken sleep and got some help a few years back to sort it out. I dont think I have ever slept a full night in my life

I dont rely on anything, I take coffee because I like it at 3am but its mainly gone by the time I get to bed and I have a lot of lucids without anything. A lot of medicines and herbs can affect sleep so they will affect dreaming

3/ I dont tend to usually get visual images before I go into a LD (I do only in about 5% of cases). On the very rare occassions I do get one, half the time or more, I manage to use the image by interacting with it in some way to use it to draw myself into the LD (so I do opposite to you ther
e).

Mine normally either start with nothing as I change from waking to sleeping and dreaming. I used to as you say use the images but now find that doing nothing is a lot more effective as it will draw me in if I let it. I get more hits this way than trying to engage with the images

Is this when you in a normal dream and to get lucid ?

Same, I wander around feeling first and then when I am firmly in there I will start to see. If I do this to soon I will ping out of the dream.

6/ I also dont use any set techinque. I go by whatever feels right to me "that night" to get me into the LD state. eg chanting, focusing on my physical, holding dream world in my mind or whatever else feels right at time. Something one night can feel completely wrong way to go another night (so I dont really have a technique to share). My experience of entering a LD is often quite different to the time before eg your wisp experience... I never know in what manner Im going to enter the LD in (thats one of the things with my LDs I find interesting).

I have a lot of different ways to get lucid but what I was describing was a long running experiment to make a WILD more regular and easier to enter.
Every time I close my eyes I try, anytime anyplace and so when I go to bed early evening and back to bed in the morning I try as well.

apart from this we are really more alike that not as like you there are a lot of ways to get lucid

thanks for the detail, it was interesting

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”