Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
deschainXIX

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby deschainXIX » 29 Jan 2015 00:37

As in the case of the questionable ethos of universal DNA databases (for law enforcement purposes), I don't really see why people have a problem with government mind reading. As long as they can't convict you for what they find or use it for actionable information. They would only do it to search for terrorist activity, just like watching the internet. If you're not planning on taking up any criminal activity, what's the pragmatic case against solidarity? Just seems like paranoia to me...

Probably, though, in reality, I would feel just as uncomfortable as you all being under surveillance. *neutral shrug*
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Jan 2015 02:48

I concur with deschain and tania. :-*

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 29 Jan 2015 03:31

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 05:14, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 29 Jan 2015 10:39

deschainXIX wrote:As in the case of the questionable ethos of universal DNA databases (for law enforcement purposes), I don't really see why people have a problem with government mind reading. As long as they can't convict you for what they find or use it for actionable information. They would only do it to search for terrorist activity, just like watching the internet. If you're not planning on taking up any criminal activity, what's the pragmatic case against solidarity? Just seems like paranoia to me...

Probably, though, in reality, I would feel just as uncomfortable as you all being under surveillance. *neutral shrug*

Hint DNA databases: our government developed the bio-weapons to kill off the individual racial stocks two generations ago. I've been lol recently when they've been hinting in the news they might develop them [one of my relatives was the mad scientist that developed one of them]. I don't know if they have targetted ones right now, but the odds are they have them for all the races that make up the big three racial stocks and the more DNA data they collect the more certain it is that they'll be able to kill small groups, families and individuals with it. As I said to Summerland don't let them herd you into the big cities as they're doing ;)

You've also obviously missed the real Snowden leaks that the NSA spying is being done for the corporations and not to caught criminals. Do you really want corporations to know exactly how much you make, your assets and expenses and then decide how much they're going to charge you. To spy on and steal, sabotage or kill any inventors inventing something useful or threatening their existing business.

Ignoring that everything they're going is unconstitutional and against the public good, that the supreme law of America is the constitution and that anyone in or out of government violating it both a criminal and a traitor.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Jan 2015 11:22

Yeah, but, Snaggle, you also told me Hitler was an atheist ("Religion & Politics: Iraqi Crisis"). Anyway, yes, there is a difference between lucid dreaming and astral projection. In the latter, the individual doesn't know he's dreaming. :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 29 Jan 2015 18:55

@nesgirl: I specifically addressed Orwellian thoughtcrime in my post, and you even quoted it. "As long as they can't convict you for what they find or use it as actionable information." But, yes, you've realized the problem with convicting someone of thoughtcrime. We don't have much control over our actions, but we have even less control over our minds. We can thank the subconscious for that. But the fun side of thought is that it doesn't affect anyone else. If a randomized "thought survey" alerts the authorities to a suburbian teenager masturbating to the thought of blowing up his school, perhaps they should have this individual under surveillance. As they should. There is no logical argument that supports the total condemnation of thought reading if innocent lives can be saved.

I guess the primary difference between myself and Snaggle (and nesgirl, for that matter) is that I don't buy into the "They" delusion. :D

(And nope, I didn't miss the Snowden incident. Dunno how you came to that interesting conclusion or how it pertains to this.)

Thought reading would certainly revolutionize politics. That I will say. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 29 Jan 2015 20:29

Goodbye forever...

Peter

Postby Peter » 29 Jan 2015 20:54

But what if the individual has absolutely no intention of doing so

and what if these thoughts are not his or hers but introduced by another government so a an act of terrorism can be performed.

No different that some religious sects that we have now

If this control is possible then the debate is already lost and its only a matter of time.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 29 Jan 2015 20:58

What... what... what...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 29 Jan 2015 21:01

Goodbye forever...

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”