Another question about reality checks...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
tompine73

Another question about reality checks...

Postby tompine73 » 31 Jan 2015 00:35

Is using a beep on the hour from my phone an okay method to prompt a reality check or is it too lazy/thoughtless (taking for granted that the actual reality check is done genuinely and thoughtfully)

taniaaust1

Re: Another question about reality checks...

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Jan 2015 13:39

It would all depend if you can get a beep in your dream otherwise you arent going to reality check in it seeing that is the only time you do them. Some times are subconsciousness doesnt like certain symbols so just wont bring them into our dream, if its against a beep, you may never reality check in a dream.

You'd probably be better off just to guess when its probably been an hour or two and doing a reality check then rather then rely on creating a beep before you do one. Or do reality checks to something commonly you dream about.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

tompine73

Re: Another question about reality checks...

Postby tompine73 » 01 Feb 2015 01:33

Thanks, that makes sense. I tried it for a couple of days and it obviously got me reality checking but I did feel there was a lack of prospective memory or spontaneity about it.

Return to “For Beginners”