Do dreams have borders?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
ashes2ashes

Do dreams have borders?

Postby ashes2ashes » 31 Jan 2015 18:58

Hello I'm Ash and I'm new to this forum. Lately I have been having more lucid dreams than normal. This morning I had a strange dream and would like to know your thoughts on it.

I remember being in a town and becoming aware that I was dreaming. My boyfriend was in my dream with me and I wanted to show him the borders of dreams. I thought it would be fun so I asked him to follow me to the outer boundaries of my dream. We reached a watery place and reached the border. It was a transparent border made out of plastic, like saran wrap or something. I poked the border with a pole or something and told my boyfriend that I was right. I woke up and the details were a little foggy. I need to starting writing them down or coming to this site when my dreams are still fresh!

Anyways, do dreams have borders? Has any one else experienced this?

esilemc00

Re: Do dreams have borders?

Postby esilemc00 » 01 Feb 2015 17:48

I'm sure that the dreamscape only has borders if you create them, or if you assume they are there. Like what you believe in a dream is what is true in the dream. So when you asked him if he wanted to see the borders they existed, but on the contrary, if you told him the dream had no borders, you could most likely continue on forever and ever. But that seems like a really cool dream, and maybe in my next lucid one I'll go ahead and see what happens when I try to visit the borders of the dream. :D

ashes2ashes

Postby ashes2ashes » 04 Feb 2015 00:25

Yeah it's a very strange thing, but I've had the same thing occur in dreams when I'm flying. Sometimes I try to go as high as I can go but I get blocked by some invisible barrier. Always wondered why I couldn't go to outer space!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Feb 2015 03:39

As the other said, only if you create them. You got the idea you were going to show the other them, this would of created them.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ashes2ashes

Postby ashes2ashes » 05 Feb 2015 23:37

I had some sort of revelation the other day after posting on here! Which to me is progress! I posted another thing about places revisited and realized there was always a challenge associated with these places and I became aware of my thoughts on this in my dream and thought to myself that these challenges were put here for a reason....so I could overcome them!! I wasn't just being burdened, but I was challenged so I could become stronger! Thanks for your insight!! Hopefully one day I can fly into outer space!!!

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 14 Feb 2015 07:33

Lucid dreaming is a school, you are learning analogic. There are two branches of language, but at the foundation of both of them, Logic and Analogic, is analogic. Your lessons are guided by your teacher.

littlecave

Postby littlecave » 15 Feb 2015 17:11

I try to fly in all of my lucid dreams and there is always a cap on how far and how high I can go.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 15 Feb 2015 18:22

When you start to notice things of this nature, you should start to realize that there is a component of Lucid Dreaming you may not suspect. That component is your teacher.

ashes2ashes

Postby ashes2ashes » 16 Feb 2015 22:21

Thank you for your thoughts philosopher, is this teacher our own subconscious? and littlecave it looks as though we both have something to learn here. I'm guessing there is a way to uncap our lucid dreaming if only we learn more about ourselves.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 16 Feb 2015 22:47

I believed, despite some very odd things happening, that I was working with my own mind.

Let us think about this. A mind, any mind, has a specific job to perform, it produces behaviors of the body. These include all social behaviors, personal behaviors.
The manner in which it does its job is defined physically and biologically and can be called a Two Element Metaphysics. In order to be considered a civil and rational species, our minds must function in accordance with Language, the mind is wholly linguistic by function and fact. The Two Element Metaphysics is the factual consequence of perception and demands that there are two, and only two fundamental branches of language, Logic, like common grammars, etc, and Analogic. The geometric figure is an analog language. Visions and Lucid Dreams are an analog language.
We are currently proto linguistic as a species.
Many times I have been shown the future, and they did come to pass. The language is analog.
Compare what I was given to teach, Basic Analog Mathematics. The results are always perfect, this cannot be achieved, for example, in arithmetic. Also, sometimes a simple analog figure would produce a logical equation that just is not worth the time to try and write it all down.

Analogic is universal and precise, unlike the logic we communicate in. We are just beginning to learn language.

So, the teacher is definitely not human. Mine has saved my life more than once when I was unexpectedly about to get killed from my own ignorance. I was led to do work in language that has not been done. Most don't care about it, they are fine where they are at. They don't care.

The mind is responsible for human will. Lucid dreams exercise your will, but one must learn the reasoning for the events also.

When I learned, when I finally could not avoid the conclusion that I was not working with my own mind, I panicked. I also went into a state of cognitive dissonance because the whole religious mythology we are steeped in just cannot be true. It turns out it is not. To learn about what is going on in history you should examine some of my work on the Internet Archive. You will see a language theory you probably never heard of.

When you understand the connection between language and behavior, between language and Law, you understand that the principles of language are common anywhere in the Universe. This means that there are standards of behavior for a sapient species. There is such a thing as Universal Law. So, You say if there are aliens, why don't they . . . all the while assuming you are rational enough to communicate. We are a very young and savage species.

Man is not sane. He claims the mathematical ability to tell you all about the origins and destinies of the Universe, yet he does not even know the foundation of language. That is why I was given to present Basic Analog Mathematics. It is done with a simple straight edge and compass. A form of math, your so called mathematical wizards never figured out how to do, even though it was sought after for over 2,000 years.

And linguist can tell you all about language, yet never figured out the foundation of language. I have been given that to show also. We are a long way from being rational. So, we learn through such things as lucid dreaming.

We are made aware in the lucid dream state that there are boundaries on us because there are boundaries on the entire human race until such a time as man becomes truly sapient. When you are made aware of the boundaries, it is because you are capable of understanding why. You are given a hint that you are in a metaphor, in the Garden of God, or Garden of Truth, a place where species is learning judgment.

The simple reasoning goes like this. When you find that your dream has borders, you should think. I am being contained. The lucid dream state is a container. What does that mean and why? Then, when you finally learn what you are, why you are and were you should be, you start to understand why. It may be seen as a cage, it may be seen as your own personal space for development. It may also be considered as a school. Since you are responsible for your own will, you eventually figure out it is a school for human will, and you are, in that personal state, the only student. You have full attention. You expect to be educated like we do. Demand that a student repeat some nonsense. This school is like Plato's dialogs, if you cannot see the reasoning, it is because you simply are not up to it.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”