Random Dream

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
HAGART

Random Dream

Postby HAGART » 15 Jan 2015 23:58

I feel like sharing a dream, but I don't know which one, so I want someone else to choose a date between September 2011 and September 2014. I'll just find it in my journal and share it. Fate is out of my hands....

It could be a blank on that night and you must try again, or it could be a lucid dream and you got lucky, but most likely it's non-lucid.

Pick a day that was special to you and let's find out together just what the heck I dreamed of and recorded that morning.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

torakrubik

Re: Random Dream

Postby torakrubik » 16 Jan 2015 07:54

30th December 2012...The day I turned 18! What have you got for us? :D
Dreaming is my drug

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Jan 2015 14:01

This should make an interesting thread. 28th September, 2011. The first anniversary after I got married on the 2nd Agust - when I also had a great lucid dream in the morning.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Jan 2015 18:28

30th of December 2012... I've got nothing for you, Torakrubik. No Dice! But you can always roll again.
I was only planning to do this once, but if there are more date-suggestions I might as well keep it up. It's a fun way to get me to read my journal.

28th of September 2011, however hit the jackpot with a motherload of dreams! Non-Lucid though.
(This is the month I first started to dream journal and I use to record absolutely everything.)
(I'm also confused how, mathematically, it's an anniversary of the 2nd of August, but then again, you and your wife are time travelers. :P)

NOTE: "---------------" separates the different dreams and they are written in the order they occurred. I never intended to share these when I wrote them, so of course they are not written works of art and become confusing at times. But that's how dreams are right? And there are many people you won't know, so I added their relation to me in parenthesis.

(Good luck trying to read it all! If anyone thinks it's too long, don't blame me and my epic dream recall, blame Summerlander! He chose it!) :D

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I am in a truck with Shawn (Cousin who is a truck driver). He is driving and there is another truck he is racing with. I think Andrew (Brother) may be in it as a passenger. The other driver shoves our truck and turns left. Shawn almost misses the turn but makes it. I feel like it's a little dangerous. Shawn drives side by side with the other truck. We narrowly miss another car. Then I have a tapemeasure type thing. A metal bendable thing that bends like a tape measure. I have to put the end of it in the proper slot out side the window. (Like a race-car toy has a metal thing that sits in a slot as it goes around the track). There are several slots to chose from and I keep getting it in the wrong one. They cross each other as some turn off and others go straight.

Then I am outside the truck and it is parked. We are on a road and in the distance there are some houses like in a suburb. It is dark outside. There is a golf ball and I throw it. It goes a bit further than I wanted it and I lose sight of it. I try looking for it, but I can't see it. I saw where it landed, but it could have bounced and rolled anywhere. I go back and Shawn says we have to get it back because it's crucial when he delivers the load in the truck. I go back and see a golf ball. Someone sees me in their yard and comes out the door. He is Asian, feels like Korean. He is in his teens or twenties and doesn't want me in his yard at night. Some more come out too. I don't think they were wearing shirts. I say I was just getting my golf ball and they say it is their golf ball. I agree and leave it there. I head back to the truck. I see the beginning of a house... not a door, but like the hole outside becomes a house at one end and the suburb still remains on the other. I feel that Andrew and Sarah (brother's wife) are there and I see some golf balls and some other orbs that are too big and decorative to be golf balls. There is a pink one and I think it's the right one. I get the feeling there is a golden light inside it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I see a furniture thing. Like the wooden dresser with diamond-shaped doors that use to be in my bedroom. It's going to be moved by movers. The drawer still has odds and ends in it, but I figure the movers will take care of it. Then I am on an airplane, and some security guys are confiscating chocolate coins from someone. There were a whole bunch under their seat. I get worried, but realize I have nothing on me. Some said it was silly like confiscating pop corn. Pop corn is not dangerous. Then I envision a piece of pop corn hitting someone in the cheek in slow motion and it has enough force to press into someones cheek. The plane is now ready for take off. It is a weird wide plane. Like 7 rows wide and no center aisle. I am in the center. There is no window for me to look out of, and in front the two walls come to a point, but no window ahead. I feel nervous. I start to wonder what it would feel like if the plane suddenly exploded in mid flight. Would I even notice? I think about who is with me and how tragic it would be if we all died. I forget who was there exactly, but I thought mom would get closer to Vicky (aunt) since they would both be widows, and mom would have no family left. Then the plane starts to move. It's not a normal runway. This one ends in a ramp that shoots the plane straight up like in Gundam Wing. I feel the G-Force as I sink into my seat. Then we hit the ramp and go straight up. I hate how I can't see anything. Just the white walls of the plane and small windows far from me. It feels like the plane is doing a complete somersault. I think I remember being thrown to the roof and sticking there due to the G-Force. I look behind and I can see clearly like the whole back is a window. We are climbing rapidly like a space rocket, I see the land below getting smaller and I wonder when we are going to tilt forward and level out.

Then for some reason I am on top of the plane along with the rest of the passengers. We have to grab each other's hands and feet to form a human chain as we lay prone. I grip someone's hands, but then I lose it. Only our fingers were touching. I grab just beyond their wrist and they grip the same with me. It is a better hold, but ahead of me someone else loses their grip so the chain is incomplete. We all have to grip together, but each person is getting tired at their own rates so it never synchronizes. I tell everybody to stop and rest for a bit and then we will all grip together. People agree and let go. Then the plane tilts to the right and a guy slips off. His face was terrified. Ahead I see others falling off. There is someone to the right of me holding on the wing. He can sort of control the plane buy moving a small wing flap. The plane is moving slower now and is closer to the ground. There is a building top we are about to hit, so the guy pushes the flap up and we gently rise over it. There is some water and grassland below and we are going to land in it. I start to think about how many survivors will there be and how many loved ones will we have lost. I get the feeling that it's turning into a movie and here is some sort of a hero figure that will emerge from it, and his eyes are red. Not glowing red, kinda pastel red.

----------------------------------------------

Not sure how it starts, but I am walking outside and it feels like a parking lot. I hear someone announce over a megaphone people's names who have died. It's a somber day and something bad happened. I get the impression a nuclear bomb blew up Hollywood. The voice announces Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone. I get the impression that pretty much everybody that was ever on TV is dead now and it's going to be an interesting time moving forward. There are some wide, green steps leading underground that turn right after each flight. and I walk down them. The announcer is there and needs help pronouncing a name and asks a woman (she knows the guy, its a family member of hers) he asks and she pronounces it. It's a Russian or Czech name. I feel like I have lost some family as well. Underground there is a night club party. Like the survivors on the East Coast are partying. We are all grief stricken, but are partying. I see some girls and they want to hook up, but I am with two other guys and I am the odd one out. They don't want me. I figure ah well I will find someone better. I see a cute girl and she is petite. Then I feel like I am in bed and sweating. I am awaiting her. I am going to use her for a one night stand and never call again. She never shows up. I wake up.

---------------------------------------------

I am at a party, and I am with someone who is like Michael Collier (family friend, a know-it-all type personality). We are in a bathroom and we play darts. I do horribly, in fact it feels like I am throwing small stubby screwdrivers, not darts. Every time I do bad he gets upset. He leaves the cramped smelly bathroom and comes back. He starts tearing the bathroom apart. He is trying to shove a screwdriver into a door hinge on a door beneath the sink. It's not working. It doesn't just slip out it is screwed in. I can see it, but he doesn't. He just keeps trying to bore the screwdriver into it, threading the hole. I feel it's kinda funny, and watch him become more and more unglued. Apparently the bathroom was going to be renovated anyway and he is demolishing it for free. I see an image of a corroded tap. Like a bathtub faucet but longer. It is covered in white calcium deposits. I forget if I actually did or not, but I consider throwing the three screwdrivers in the triple twenty spot perfectly just to see the look on his face. To show I was just playing around with him.

-----------------------------------------------

I am cooking something and Julie is there. Julie is getting frustrated with Kevin (Kevin is a cousin, married to Julie). Kevin wants to cook something too, but Julie spoke for him. I forget who she asked but it wasn't me. Kevin just stood there, but didn't say anything. Julie said something like Kevin wants to play and decorate something. So he starts cleaning out a bowl with some mash potatoes in it. It's like a food mill that you crank and press the potato through. I already used it and have a bowl of finished mash potatoes. Brian (Kevin's father) is there with him and together they are working on a food project cooking something. I get the feeling they are going to decorate with a piping bag. But there is at least half a cup left in it and he his washing it down the drain. Andrew (brother) says at least he is feeding the extinguisher people. As if fire extinguisher liquid was washed down there earlier. Then David (other brother) has a little bit of tomato sauce and wants to mix it in with some potatoes. I pour it in, but then he says it's the wrong one. I try to scrape it off, but can't help but get some potato with it. There is clearly not enough sauce to flavour the thing. It will go unnoticed and I tell David that. Everyone is working on a project or experimenting and there is an air of tension.

Then I find myself outside or this could be a different dream. I have a laptop like device and there are many wires coming out the back of it. It is black. I hook it up to a large van-sized thing with a screen on it. In fact I get the impression that it is on wheels like a van. I type in the password and others are there too and they type it in as well. There is a race to see who can type it in first. I type L1M7, and the laptop starts to slip out of my hand. I manage to keep it from slipping out completely and lower my arms as it falls. It taps the ground, but not hard enough to break. Then I am inside. Kinda feels like a bar inside someone's house. Rob (childhood friend from highschool) is there and gets angry when he sees that something was altered on his computer that he didn't request. I feel like Kevin attached a device to it and that is the problem. Rob blames a guy who is kinda like Ian Gould (a fellow student from middle school who was small and got picked on sometimes). He beats him up, but it is ridiculous because all the computer did was get an automatic update. I feel partly responsible cause it feels like our computers are attached by wires and we bought them at the same time. Rob tries to beat up Ian Gould again and Ian morphs a little into James Parker (a different student). He decides to fight back and smashed a large rock, using two hands to hold it, smashes it on Rob's chest. His chest is made of metal and glass, like a slot machine. Rob says now you've done it and it looks like his is going to really let the kid have it. Then the kid punches Rob in the face and he is knocked out cold. Rob was lying in a box like the giant camera holding box we use to have and he was lying on his back. I figured the positioning he was in contributed to the knock-out. He was wearing some weird camera thing on his face at the time too. People laugh and rejoice. I try to find a camera to record it. I find one, but now Rob is coming to. I want to record, but I don't want him to see. He starts to have a meltdown and whines and cries like Rambo. His face is chevron shaped his eyes, mouth point down like an upside down V. He mumbles like Sylvester Stallone. Then he decides to get Ian Gould guy. Ian runs outside and I follow the two with the camera. Now I turn it on and think Rob won't think I am trying to record a bad side of him, that he may actually want me to record this. (I am recording to laugh at later.) Outside, it's like my old highschool. I thought Ian would get away, but he doesn't and Rob catches him. He puts Ian in a choke hold. The camera display is flashing a red warning, and i press it and it disappears. I watch as Ian is choked. I want to step in, but think I will just let him get choked a little bit. But it keeps going. I wait for him to turn blue in the face, but it doesn't happen. I imagine what will happen if it keeps up and I see his eyes roll back and he goes limp. I wonder if he is in a dream state at that moment. Then I awake.

-------------------------------------------
School<-- that's all I wrote on paper this morning for a particular dream. I think it was a very short dream, and can't remember it. (The rest occur between 6:45am and 10:20am., lighter sleep.) (Keep in mind, I wrote this journal before I joined this forum. Now I would call it, after WBTB)
---------------------------------------------

I am downstairs in my house. A phone rings and I look at the number. It's none I recognize but I think it may be mom so I pick it up. She is at a different house she is selling (in real life she owned two and was selling one) fixing it up for a showing. There is a voice that is an operator and they will link me up with mom. Like calling collect which is why I don't recognize the number. A deep, slow-down voice starts talking. Like a recording played back slow. It's hard to make out exact words, but it sounds like Grandma is in trouble and dieing. I try to play it back, and it starts again, but the message sounds a little different. I awake up.

-------------------------------------------------

I am with Ruby (my niece) and others are there too. There is a movie that she wants to see, but it is PG-13. She is under thirteen, but close, so she can't go. She starts to get upset. I say she should wait for it to come out on DVD and then get disappointed when you watch it then. People laugh at the joke. I imply its a dumb movie. She says she doesn't want to wait and starts to get upset. She gets very angry and starts to get crazy. I forget how, but she calmed down and turned into a little toddler of herself, wearing a pink snow suit and slides on a patch of ice on her bottom. The backyard is kinda like Nana's + Granddad's house. I forget how, maybe it was the joke? Did that enrage her? I comment or somebody to me, that it didn't take much. I whisper to David (brother)- we are sitting by a fence on the right side as if facing the house in the back yard. I whisper that she is a bit like Steven (my other brother, her father). Then we start pulling out games from a box. Len (uncle) says do we have _____. (I forgot so left it blank in case it came to me later that day, but it didn't) I say no, but he points to something in the box and I say oh yea I guess we do. I pull it out. It is in a brown box, shaped like two circles conjoined. Like an eight or a pair of binoculars. Inside are a set of rings in each side piled on top another. I think there were some lawn darts and other outdoor games. There are other little games in there for one player- puzzle games. Like a box of games here in real life. This one was buried for a while like a time capsule and we were all digging it up. Bruce, Brian and uncles ect, maybe even my dad, are playing a bowling game on the lawn. The plastic balls don't roll very well. The pins, about 5 of them, are enclosed on 3 sides bordered about as high as the pins themselves, and in front where the bowling ball hits them it is partially blocked by a beer bottle on the right side and 2 on the left. The bottles are glued to the border, so it wraps around slightly too. I wonder why they don't remove them because they are in the way. I have a piece of plastic in my hand and apparently it belongs to the bowling game. I place it on a picnic table and figure someone will find it. There is someone at the table and I think I may have talked with them. I go inside. I see a young Evan (cousin, Len's son). I did things inside and forget some of it, but I do remember Evan pushes a door open to reveal Nana in there taking a piss. She is standing though with her back facing the door, she is wearing a blue and white floral motif dress, maybe she was about to piss, or think I was wanting to go in for a piss. Anyway Evan runs away and Nana thinks I did it.

-------------------------------------------------------

I am at a party. Apparently it's an office party, but it feels like David (brother) knows everybody there, but not me. David is not there though, but I get the feeling he is coming soon. There are large tables with food laid out on each one. There are two groups of people in the large room and they are sitting at tables in the corners. I don't know anybody and wonder where to sit. Each seat has a different plate of food at each one. I look around and take my time, waiting for Dave to show up I think. Apparently the company is out of business and everybody is fired. The boss is throwing a farewell party for everybody. I see a sandwich type thing that looks good. It is oval like rye bread and has a black thing on it like an olive. I think there was something frilly on it too like alfalfa sprouts. I see a plate with a single triangular nacho on it covered in melted cheese and garnished with the works. I can't resist and eat it. I don't taste it like a lucid dream, but don't notice that at the time. Then the food things become Magic Cards. (Magic: The Gathering) People are eating magic cards. I stroll around looking at cards. I see one that says all "vankers" or something get a bonus. I don't know what that is. I never heard of it and the card looks like the new style magic. Then I notice the card has others with it. They are also sheathed in paper sleeves. I try to read one and it says "van_er". I can't see a K. I look closer and realise the K is in black ink while the rest was in white and it was because the background at that point was white so black would stand out. I decide I don't want to eat them and feel bad about the one I ate earlier. I look around for more magic cards. I go through another pile. The cards earlier and the ones in this pile are both green cards. I see a big artifact creature. I see David and he too is collecting them, not eating them. Apparently magic is out of style and magic parties like this are common. The boss had a big collection and he doesn't care about them. David shows me a box of about 200 or so cards he has already and spreads a spot apart to reveal he found 2 Nightmares. ("Nightmare" is a rare Magic Card) He said he also saw a "Cabbage Patch", a rare land apparently that I know about in this dream. (False Memory) He shows me where they are. They are in a stack and there are other things on top like small booklets. Then the cards are beneath and they are mostly special lands. I feel like a kid in a candy store.

--------------------------------------------

I am making a ramp, kind of like a snow slide. I am outside and not too far away I see some girls. They are in a building but one with just a grass roof. They are near a beach, I sense water, and it is a tropical area. They are teens and on a trip of some sort. I feel a little shy and self conscious that they might see me, but then I figure there's nothing wrong with building a ramp. (Feeling nerdy, building a childish snowslide, but hey a ramp could mean I'm a cool skateboarder right?) I go inside and do something I forget. I come back out and now Evan (cousin) I think is there along with someone else. The ramp is now a skateboarding ramp that I am making. I look to the right and there is already a professional skateboard ramp. It curves up to a straight wall so you are meant to go up, turn and come down again. It has a skateboard stuck in it like someone jabbed it in there when they were done with it last. The house feels like a new house and I never noticed that skate area before. I'm no good of course. I wonder how to get speed to go up it because at my feet, where I'm standing it drops off straight down so my board won't touch the wall. I also don't want the girls to see me (who are not there visually, but 'ambiently'). (That's how I worded it back then, but it's that 'just know' feeling even if you can't see them they are there watching.)

Then I see Brent (cousin) bungee jump, to the left of the ramp and to the right of where the grass roof building is, off a platform and smack his head hard on the pavement. The bungee was tot, but just a little too long. He has a red helmet on and says he is OK, but I wonder how his brain is after smashing the inside of his skull. He looks a little woozy. I forget if someone else went and hurt themselves, but then it was Bruce's turn. (uncle, father of Brent) The ledge he is on is way too close to the ground- closer than the others- for the amount of bungee cord he has. It's obvious he will hit the ground and the bungee will still be slack and not even break his fall at all. Me and the others to the right of me call out and tell him to stop. Then he jumps and lands on his feet. He was only a couple of feet up. He was just teasing.

----------------------------------

Boy, I sure had a lot of mental clutter to sort out that night didn't I?
One thing I noticed is that I mentioned feeling like I was at a party 3 times that night which can't be coincidence. I don't expect others to sort through and interpret all this mental garbage, but taking it out of a dusty, old journal (it's on computer but you know what I mean), and placing it in the spotlight of this forum has spurred my lazy butt to pay attention and analyze it more.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 18 Jan 2015 19:56

Blimey! How much dreaming did you do that night? A lot of scenes are mundane. Still, you must have felt, upon awakening, that few opportunities to become lucid were missed.

The dream were Hollywood gets nuked and John McLane and Rambo are dead... hilarious!! :-D

Btw, I met my wife over a decade ago on 28th September, but we got married on 2nd August 2011. ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Jan 2015 04:01

I checked August 2nd in my journal and have nothing but one short one in 2014. It was written the following day only based on a few keywords I wrote on paper beside my bed, so it was mostly forgotten and not worth sharing.

I like the idea of finding random dreams to share from my journal though. If others are interested we could all choose a day and share our dreams from that particular day. It might be interesting to see if there are similarities, especially if the day occurred around a major world event, or shared holiday, since it's something we would all have in common. Valentine's Day for example is a day most cultures share, and whether you are married, have a loved interest or not, our subconscious was aware of it and may have influenced our dreams.

This is probably not the best thread for it because it started off differently, but I think it's a good idea to do something like that someday. Or set a day in the future and all share our dreams on that particular day in one thread.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 31 Jan 2015 01:56

July 14th for me Hagart?
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Feb 2015 05:26

I checked all 3 years and have nothing for that day. My journal is like a Swiss cheese: many holes, but also some tasty goodness if I get a bite.

No match. Go fish!

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 06 Feb 2015 01:01

:D

Alright then.. 17th January.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 06 Feb 2015 04:53

Again, nothing. I checked all 3 years and even this past month.
You have bad luck I guess. I wonder why I never record dreams on that day?

The odds of hitting a dream are well above 50%, especially if the year is left open for me to check for a match on any year.

So far Summerlander is in the lead with 9 points. (9 dreams that day)
Lucid dreams are worth 10 so it's still anybody's game!

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”