A Temporal Friend

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Enra Traz

Re: A Temporal Friend

Postby Enra Traz » 30 Dec 2014 14:47

I didn't want to say this before but, we've discovered that the UFOs you see in your skies are people from the year 3498.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 30 Dec 2014 23:40

Gotta be honest. I'm a little surprised humanity is still around in 3500.
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Jan 2015 01:51

Well, I bet many pre-20th century sci-fi novelists would be surprised at how the "future" turned out. None could predict the technology that has come out of quantum theory which today enables wireless communication amongst other things. Although some, like Jules Verne, were pretty close. Have you guys heard of Verne's "Paris in the 20th century"? Aparently this book was kept in a safe and wasn't discovered until a few decades later. Verne's publisher thought the story, which seemed to have a dull description of future Paris, was uncommercial. As it turned out, Verne was pretty close in describing Paris in the '60s. Maybe Jules Verne was a time traveller. Perhaps Enra Traz knows him... :-D

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 06 Jan 2015 20:12

HAGART wrote:Beat it Enra Traz!
And Desert Explorer, I loved you in American Beauty.
(This is a joke thread now) :lol:

But it's the introduction section so it's all good fun.

Nice to meet you Desert Explorer, and I can tell you have a sense of humor. Why does a desert need exploring anyway, it's all just sand or a snowy tundra anyway. :P

Hahaha!! Nice to meet you, too Hagart.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 Jan 2015 21:12

Enra Traz confided in me that she will be gone for some time now... and in time she shall return.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 09 Jan 2015 21:38

Thank God, she'll return!!

I really want to learn if a third world war will happen and when.

Hey, we should ask her if she can post some important parts of newspapers or historical books that has been published in her time. Shouldn't we? :P
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Jan 2015 02:40

She will return one day. Keep an eye out for Elizabeth Warren. ;-)

- Padmasambhava

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 01 Feb 2015 22:38

If you were really researching the past why couldn't you find this website from the future? Why not access the internet from the future?
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 01 Feb 2015 23:38

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 04:57, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 02 Feb 2015 00:10

TheDude raises a nice point about the plethora of paradoxes involved with time travel. You could, after all, travel in the past, record all of your data, upload it to an internet database and travel back to the future, thereby eliminating any reason to ever travel back in the first place--or could you?
Well said.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”