I'm New to This

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
TheDude

I'm New to This

Postby TheDude » 02 Feb 2015 03:38

Hi my name is Nate and I'm 15 yrs old. I just learned about Lucid dreaming 3 days ago. I read some of the articles on this site and really wanted to have a lucid dream. In the past 3 days, I have experienced 2 lucid dreams! Last nightwas the first time I was lucid during my entire dream and I had complete control. I could fly summon characters and change scenes in an instant. It was an amazing experience!

The one thing about it that bugs me though is that I had a hard time focusing on what I wanted to do. Does anyone know how to fix this?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney

deschainXIX

Re: I'm New to This

Postby deschainXIX » 02 Feb 2015 03:47

Hello! :D The usual antidote to this common problem is writing down your intentions before bed and then cycling thought-affirmations to yourself as you fall asleep. Once you're there in the dream, clarify the environment and your mind by rubbing your hands together, rubbing objects, analyzing detail, et cetera, until your resolved affirmation occurs to you.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 02 Feb 2015 03:57

Thank you I'll try this tonight! Do you have any ideas of what to do in a lucid dream?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney

astrovineyard

Postby astrovineyard » 02 Feb 2015 15:48

Dude, the possibilities are endless! What would you like to do or experience?

And, if you just 15 (and male), I assume there are a number of experiences that you haven't had yet, all of which await you if that is where your curiosity and fantasies reside. If you know what I mean... :oops:

Or you can fly - yea, fly! That's what I meant! Fly and swim with the dolphins. 8-)

esilemc00

Postby esilemc00 » 02 Feb 2015 17:54

You learned about it 3 days ago, and you've already had 2 lucid dreams? Sweet! I always try the things that are most impossible in real life, things that involve physics and laws of the universe that can be so easily broken in dreams. Like walking up walls, and reverse gravity. Or more spiritual things like asking the point of life or if there really is a god. The possibilities are truly endless! I sometimes enjoy using portals to bring me to places, or time travel, that one is fun. I once had a lucid dream where I created a portal in the form of a big spinning wheel arcade game thing, and put in tokens and then played and the prize was walking through it into a time travel bus station, where I asked to go to a certain time, and then the dream turned into a vortex of swirling colors like I was traveling through some worm hole or something, but unfortunatly I woke up before I could get to where I was trying to go, my mind must have been overwhelmed with the colors I suppose. But have fun! And good luck! :D

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 03 Feb 2015 00:40

Here's a good pool to get ideas from

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13407

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 03 Feb 2015 03:32

The Dude, Regarding ideas for lucid dream experiments, I suggest -

- YouTube - "Lucid Inspiration (a few of my lucid dreaming experiences)" - LD4all - by pasQual
A brief presentation of creative illustrations and music about lucid dream adventures (no voice)

- Search - "Lucid Dream Exchange - Past LDE Articles" - dreaminglucid.com

- Also, check out Rebecca Turner's interesting collection of articles here a this web site.

Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner

Return to “Introduce Yourself”