I watched my sister die!

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
pluginmango

I watched my sister die!

Postby pluginmango » 03 Feb 2015 07:47

This dream was HORRIBLE!

I don't remember how it started, but at a certain point me, my dad, my sister and my boyfriend were on top of a huge building at some sort of army base. Apparently we had climbed up there to take a picture of the really big helicopter that had just landed. I remember my boyfriend telling me: "My God, honey, don't look down, we're really high up!" It was starting to get dark, but my sister wanted to take a picture of the enormous helicopter so she grabbed her phone and used her flash but the thing was too big to fit in the picture. She slowly started to walk backwards until it fit, but suddenly I saw that she was walking towards the edge of the building! My dad screamed that she had to look out, but it was too late! She fell down this big ass building and smacked into the ground below! I saw her lying there, face down in a puddle of blood and I was so terrified! Me and my dad were calling out for my mom, who apparently went to visit some kind of exhibition in one of the other buildings and she came running outside crying and screaming. At this point I became lucid, but I was so damn shocked that the only thing I could think of was: "Please let me wake up, I don't wanna see this anymore!" I woke up and my boyfriend was holding me because I was crying like a little kid. I love my sister so much! I would NEVER want something to happen to her! This dream was fucked up!

When I woke up I realised I could've done something to alter the dream when I became lucid, but like I said: the only thing I wanted at that point was to wake up.
There is no spoon

HAGART

Re: I watched my sister die!

Postby HAGART » 01 Mar 2015 02:35

It's very common to become lucid in a dream when something happens that we absolutely can't believe is happening. Even when awake, we often think, "Please, let this be a dream!" It's like reality checking is hard-wired during big events and when we see anomalies.

There's no need to feel like you lost a chance to control your dream once lucid, and getting the heck out of there. That's what I would have done too in the heat of the moment.

As for finding any meaning, I doubt there is any. You saw your sister backing up, and you probably had a slight, passing thought, "What's the worst that can happen?" And then it does! That happens to me all the time in dreams. I get many "Worst Case Scenario Angst Dreams".
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

pluginmango

Postby pluginmango » 08 Mar 2015 20:49

That's exactly what happened! I saw her backing up and I thought "God, this building is so high up, what if something were supposed to happen?" and then it did!

I hate it when my mind plays tricks on me like that! xD

Most shocking dream I've ever had though! It all felt so damn real. I told my sister about it and she mocked me by sending random pictures of helicopters and tall buildings FOR DAYS! :lol: Good thing she didn't freak out about it :p
There is no spoon

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Mar 2015 21:25

I'm glad you and your sister can laugh it off now.
Those bad dreams can actually be joyful when you wake up and go, "Phew!". It puts a spring in your step and you wake up knowing, life is good. It could have been worse.

I remember a dream I had years ago, back in 1999 or so. I don't remember the details and never wrote it down, but basically I had accidentally killed my niece. My whole family was devastated and I felt so guilty. When I woke up and realized it was just a dream, it gave me an overwhelming sense of relief that made me happy for the rest of the day. :D
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”