Help me, I had a LD!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ExpatAlex

Help me, I had a LD!!

Postby ExpatAlex » 02 Feb 2015 22:25

Hi guys and girls,

First of all, I created this account just minutes after my first LD. Now, I'm freaking out and chain smoking cigarettes. You'll find out why in just a moment.

Okay, here we go. I've been thinking about LD'ing for a while, and doing RC's on a regular basis. Tonight was the first time I had a real intent of having a LD before I went to sleep, and that's where it get's interesting.

After I was able to fall asleep, I started having these vivid dreams about 3 1/2 hours after. It started with me bicycling down a icy road past two kids, without shoes and with a busted rear tire (I know, crazy dream signs already). I specifically remember my black socks being both wet and cold. I ended up at my old workplace down the road, where there was a party inside. One of my colleagues told me that he already locked up the workshop, so I couldn't retrieve my dads car until the day after, even though I had my key in my pocket. We were also only a few meters away from the entrance to the workshop (lazy bastard, right?). Suddenly I was walking towards the center of the city a kilometer away, and it was now summer. Suddenly I decided to focus on the details on my hand, and I went lucid for a few seconds. Then I had a false awakening where I was accompanied by a ugly, scary little girl :o . Classic horror movie stuff. I was able to shortly change her into one of my old friends with benefits, and was ready to rumble when I woke up. Or so I thought. I was talking with my brother on my bed, and was eager to tell him all about this lady I'd just seen. This doesn't make sense, as my brother lives in Norway (I moved to Thailand two years ago). He didn't seem to pay attention to me, so we both just stayed in bed in silence. Then I really woke up.

I've been reading some about SP's, and I'm wondering if I've read to much already. I'm quite sure that I was dreaming that I had SP, but I can't be sure. Still, I'm eager to keep trying to have a real LD, and will keep on it.

I guess my questions are; What's the best way of breaking out of a SP, or a false SP? Does it get better? Should I even bother continuing? I know I might sound like a baby, but that shit was horrifying.

Thanks for any answers. Sorry I couldn't keep it shorter :)

EDIT: I also planned to meet my brother in a dream, because I haven't seen him in a long time. The destination I planned was in a bar in Phuket, Thailand. A bar he loved when he came to visit me last time. I didn't plan to wake up with him :D

jasmine2

Re: Help me, I had a LD!!

Postby jasmine2 » 03 Feb 2015 03:05

I suggest you could web search these 2 good articles. -

- "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis" by Ryan Hurd - www.ld4all.com

- "Spiritual Sleep Paralysis - Aliens, Angels, and Allies" by Ryan Hurd - www.dreaminglucid.com

- Also, 2 very wise books -

- "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner

- "Creative Dreaming" by Partricia Garfield.

And read Rebecca Turner's informative collection of articles here at this web site.

I think that when many people start to really explore their dreams, lucid or non-lucid, (It helps to keep a dream journal), they can have an endless variety of strange dream experiences - scary, interesting, puzzling, boring, whatever.

Often the dreaming mind amplifies the emotion in dreams, as a reflection of personal or larger world emotional situations, or sometimes just to help the dreamer practice dream recall upon awaking. Just relax and try approaching your dreams like an intrepid explorer or scientist.

Dreams often express themselves in puzzling metaphorical symbolism. If you ponder your personal associations to the imagery or character, you can often figure out at least part of the meaning.

And just a gentle health suggestion, when you become more skilled at interacting with dream characters, you could ask you "dream lungs" to have a conversation with you about their hopes for a long, happy life of easy, healthy breathing.

Good luck with your dream adventures. - jasmine2

ExpatAlex

Postby ExpatAlex » 03 Feb 2015 13:41

Thank you Jasmine, both articles were very helpful.

After I wrote the last blogpost I stayed awake for about an hour, before returning to sleep - I was just trying to make sense of it all. I'm surprised how quickly the fear went away, and tonight I will try again.

I'm now quite sure that I didn't have SP when I thought I did, I was most likely in a semi-lucid state, since I was able to vaguely control the little girl. I won't be planning to see hear again, but I really hope she shows up in my dream again so that I can conquer her, and get on with it.

Thank you again Jasmine for your well-informed reply.

Going to sleep in a few hours. Wish me luck

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Feb 2015 14:51

ExpatAlex wrote:I'm now quite sure that I didn't have SP when I thought I did, I was most likely in a semi-lucid state, since I was able to vaguely control the little girl. I won't be planning to see hear again, but I really hope she shows up in my dream again so that I can conquer her, and get on with it.

Yeah it sounds like were lucid and not having a false awakening during some of it.

and was ready to rumble when I woke up. Or so I thought.

At that point it was more like a confused false awakening state. You had a false awakening but you were confused about your situation, not completely with your normal awareness (hence thought your brother was with you). Confusion at times can also happen during a LD state if someone hasnt got a lot of their awareness there, they may know they are asleep but get confused and may not notice all the strange things going on.

I suggest to always do a reality check whenever you wake up esp if you've just been lucid.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”