Wow! An amazing experience.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Peib

Wow! An amazing experience.

Postby Peib » 03 Feb 2015 23:11

First of all, Hi everyone as I´m new to the forum.
I had interest about lucid dreaming before, around 10 years ago due to a couple of experiences of semi awakening. I´ve had also that feeling of rolling but not really rolling, not being able to move and also "see the room" while sleeping.

But yesterday I had an amazing experience I wanted to share in case someone experienced something similar. It´s a bit long, but amazing!

I woke up in the middle of the night around 4am and I was unable to sleep after around 5am. Let´s say first that Im in a stressful period in my life, away from my daughter and wife for almost 5 months and I really wanted to see them yesterday through Skype but was unable.

So when I fell asleep, I seemed to wake up, but the room was similar to the room we used to live in, I felt I was awake so I started to try and change the events. I wanted to see my family and so it happened, I opened a door and they were there, I got to see them, hug my daughter, talk to my wife and spend some time with them. Then some members of her family appeared and they had to go. All of these with some weird details, like faces that changed and random stuff but I mantained consciousness.

Then I went into the window, and thought that since I´m lucid dreaming I wanted to fly a bit, so then I jumped through the window and flew through the city which was a mixture of the city we used to live and where I live now but seemed it had some medieval reminiscence. There were lots of people walking around, some of them doing silly things like me like big jumps and so.

The weird thing is that there were some people that seemed to "live" there and some like me were just visitors.

I started to worry that I had to wake up because it was getting late, I had to wake up at 7am and also I was in such a weird but amazing place, some people were with costumes and some had weird animal faces but it seemed they did it on purpose as if they were just enjoying that.

I got to talk to a group of ladies who I told them I needed help and they told me to relax, that time there is slower than in the "real" world. And one of them asked me what I did and I told her that I saw my daughter.

Then I joined with some people that also couldn´t "wake" up and needed to relax, some of them seemed drug users or something. And then some people arrived with food and juices to help us, these people seemed native to that place. A lady also asked me if I would be returning there since they´d to count me in next time since that food wasn´t easy to produce! crazy..

I also met a guy there who told me he usually comes to this place in his naps and he sleeps with a box in his hand so he could have it also there, and I told him why did you bring it when you can produce things here and I created a metallic ball in my hand. Some seemed impressed by it as if that was not very normal there.

I started feeling dizzy while I was seated in a street but I suddenly "woke" up again there, and then some new group of helpers arrived like from nothing, they were all children and they told me that the fruits they were giving me would for sure wake me up. One of the other´s like me told me that these children like when you ask them for their name. So I asked the girl that helped me, Whats your name? She said "Paula", and I said almost like me, I´m Pablo, so she laughed.

Then I really started feeling dizzy and felt asleep there only to wake up at that exact moment in my real room, feeling very heavy at first few seconds but then lighter, all with a very peaceful sensation.

I thanked God or whoever for that experience and specially the people I met "there".

I´m still in shock since this has really impressed me, I want to know if other people have felt something similar, like being in a Dreamworld with beings and communicating with them.

Thanks and sorry for the long story but I didn´t want to forget anything.

Peib

Re: Wow! An amazing experience.

Postby Peib » 03 Feb 2015 23:30

I think I also need to mention that the previous night I hadn´t sleep at all, maybe just a couple of hours so I was really tired yesterday when I had that dream. Also that before waking up at 4am I had incredible story like dreams but not lucid at all, I´ve had many amazing movie like dreams and also mild lucid episodes which included some flight and long jumps. :D But nothing like yesterday. It was something else, like visiting another world.

xboxspider

Postby xboxspider » 03 Feb 2015 23:57

I've never had an involved lucid dream like you just did, so this may not be the best coming from me. I didn't know how to stabilize my dreams in my first lucid one so it was quite fuzzy. I tried to teleport by closing my eyes and thinking about a place. I'd open my eyes and feel super nauseous, like actually nauseous. It was weird but I've had experiences being dizzy. This may not have been what you meant when you asked if anyone has had your experience but cool dream :D . Dream on.
"Turn around" I say to my friends. They turn around and see a beautiful sandy beach. They were stunned.
Lucid Dreams: 6
Regular Dreams ∞+
Goal this year: 5 LDs

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Feb 2015 03:22

Ive had some great lucid dreams myself. I had one in which I was living somewhere else for like a week.

And another one (which I tend to think may of been possibly more then a LD) in which I found myself in a completely another world, in that one I did get concerned as I couldnt wake up and I ended up spending 3 days and nights there (In the other world, only a night passed in our own). I ended up thinking I was going to be stuck there forever.

The other world didnt have our technology eg the farm fences were all wood posts (they didnt have wire) I met and made friends with a being there, a very strange being which I havent even seen in drawings. The being (his friends and family) were humanoid but had a wrinkly pug like nose and a third eye in the third eye area among other strange features.

My new friend thou was looking out for me, hiding me from his parents (as I was human and this wasnt a human world so we didnt know what their reaction would of been) but introduced me to his friends. Due to my human status (and concern of what his people would do to me. a weird being to them if found), I didnt get to see a lot there, I spent most of the time with him on his parents farm but that was enough to see his world was far different re lack of technology and modern day things we are so used too seeing.

Anyway, I did have 3 intense days and nights in another world... and the friend I made there, I still wish I could go back to the place and see him again thou this over 10 years ago now. The other and I really connected.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

xboxspider

Postby xboxspider » 07 Feb 2015 06:55

Peib wrote:First of all, Hi everyone as I´m new to the forum.
I had interest about lucid dreaming before, around 10 years ago due to a couple of experiences of semi awakening. I´ve had also that feeling of rolling but not really rolling, not being able to move and also "see the room" while sleeping.

But yesterday I had an amazing experience I wanted to share in case someone experienced something similar. It´s a bit long, but amazing!

I woke up in the middle of the night around 4am and I was unable to sleep after around 5am. Let´s say first that Im in a stressful period in my life, away from my daughter and wife for almost 5 months and I really wanted to see them yesterday through Skype but was unable.

So when I fell asleep, I seemed to wake up, but the room was similar to the room we used to live in, I felt I was awake so I started to try and change the events. I wanted to see my family and so it happened, I opened a door and they were there, I got to see them, hug my daughter, talk to my wife and spend some time with them. Then some members of her family appeared and they had to go. All of these with some weird details, like faces that changed and random stuff but I mantained consciousness.

Then I went into the window, and thought that since I´m lucid dreaming I wanted to fly a bit, so then I jumped through the window and flew through the city which was a mixture of the city we used to live and where I live now but seemed it had some medieval reminiscence. There were lots of people walking around, some of them doing silly things like me like big jumps and so.

The weird thing is that there were some people that seemed to "live" there and some like me were just visitors.

I started to worry that I had to wake up because it was getting late, I had to wake up at 7am and also I was in such a weird but amazing place, some people were with costumes and some had weird animal faces but it seemed they did it on purpose as if they were just enjoying that.

I got to talk to a group of ladies who I told them I needed help and they told me to relax, that time there is slower than in the "real" world. And one of them asked me what I did and I told her that I saw my daughter.

Then I joined with some people that also couldn´t "wake" up and needed to relax, some of them seemed drug users or something. And then some people arrived with food and juices to help us, these people seemed native to that place. A lady also asked me if I would be returning there since they´d to count me in next time since that food wasn´t easy to produce! crazy..

I also met a guy there who told me he usually comes to this place in his naps and he sleeps with a box in his hand so he could have it also there, and I told him why did you bring it when you can produce things here and I created a metallic ball in my hand. Some seemed impressed by it as if that was not very normal there.

I started feeling dizzy while I was seated in a street but I suddenly "woke" up again there, and then some new group of helpers arrived like from nothing, they were all children and they told me that the fruits they were giving me would for sure wake me up. One of the other´s like me told me that these children like when you ask them for their name. So I asked the girl that helped me, Whats your name? She said "Paula", and I said almost like me, I´m Pablo, so she laughed.

Then I really started feeling dizzy and felt asleep there only to wake up at that exact moment in my real room, feeling very heavy at first few seconds but then lighter, all with a very peaceful sensation.

I thanked God or whoever for that experience and specially the people I met "there".

I´m still in shock since this has really impressed me, I want to know if other people have felt something similar, like being in a Dreamworld with beings and communicating with them.

Thanks and sorry for the long story but I didn´t want to forget anything.

Don't be sorry for long story. You just raised my lucid dreaming goals from 100 to OVER 9000!!!!!!
"Turn around" I say to my friends. They turn around and see a beautiful sandy beach. They were stunned.
Lucid Dreams: 6
Regular Dreams ∞+
Goal this year: 5 LDs

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”