For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Postby FREE866 » 03 Feb 2015 03:14

As I’m reading Robert waggoner's book and looking at the forums it seems like having an idea of what I want in a lucid dream, or striving for an experience in a lucid dream is that correct? And if so if wanting to go back in time a realistic goal? Like say taking a train to NYC in the 1970s like I did years ago...any thoughts?

Re: Question

Postby GalMutzafy » 03 Feb 2015 10:19

Yes, setting to yourself goals is very helpful because when you will be lucid in your dreams you will remember ''Oh, I wanted to fly first!'' for example, it is more recommend to be focused on one specific target rather than a few.

If you had a few lucid dreams, travel in time can be realistic, I think it is a more advanced stuff to do, but if you think you can do it, you can always try.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Feb 2015 15:01

It doesnt matter at all what the goal is.

Yes they are helpful as stopping and thinking can disconnected one from a dream and can cause dream loss. If someone has a goal, it gives them something to aim for, the emotions of having a goal etc can hold them in the dream longer/better as it intensifies one focus into the dream environment (and not onto your body being in bed).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Postby buildit » 04 Feb 2015 01:12

Either I'm having deja vu or I remember seeing this question on FB. ;) My answer is still the same. :D
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”