Technique From Waggoner's Book

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Eatoncheese

Technique From Waggoner's Book

Postby Eatoncheese » 04 Feb 2015 02:01

Hello all, I am thinking of trying the staring at hand technique in Waggoner's book but it seems to me that for him at the beginning he only noticed his hands while going through doors, in my dreams i dont go through doors all that often and i cant remember seeing my hands all that often in my dreams.

Are there other similar techniques i should try or should i stick with this one?
Should i keep doing reality checks with this technique?

All help is welcome :D

taniaaust1

Re: Technique From Waggoner's Book

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Feb 2015 02:38

I havent read his book but staring at hands is both a very good reality check and also a dream stabilization technique.

It doesnt matter if you dont even dream this often as just thinking about something can end up making it happen in dreams and besides with reality checks, they are also just for checking if one is dreaming or not. So is something you can do both in real life and could do in a dream eg if you were having a false awakening and dont know.

I suggest thou to have more then one reality check to do, if you havent currently got one which you know works well for you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Eatoncheese

Re: Technique From Waggoner's Book

Postby Eatoncheese » 04 Feb 2015 02:53

Thank you and i use the reality check where i try to push my fingers through my palm and try to breath with pinching my nose :D I had forgotten about dream stabilization :P

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”