DC aka my subconscious seems to be annoyed...

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
StrawberrySnail

DC aka my subconscious seems to be annoyed...

Postby StrawberrySnail » 30 Dec 2014 15:30

Hi there,

I read somewhere that you can ask DCs (in LDs) for a little help to become lucid in future dreams, simply by asking them to remind you in your next dream that you are actually dreaming. I decided to try that in my next LD. Here´s what happened:

There was this boy, he was about ten years old, red hair, freckles. I walked over to him and told him I was aware about being in a dream and could he please tip me off the next time I´m dreaming. He looked at me, kind of annoyed, and said: "You know, you tell me this every night, and I always do it, and then you forget about it straight away!"

WTF? :lol:
"There´s nothing to fear but fear itself." (Scarecrow)

Goldkoron

Re: DC aka my subconscious seems to be annoyed...

Postby Goldkoron » 31 Dec 2014 03:56

lol, I don't really believe you can program a DC to help you get lucid, I've tried it before with similar results, such as DCs saying "I am not allowed to do that."
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 31 Dec 2014 07:30

It sounds like a subconscious plant.
(and speaking of which, nice picture)

Or in other words: mnemonic programming.

Plant a seed and it will grow. Into what? Who knows. In your case a person in your dream reminding you of what you wanted to be reminded of.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

StrawberrySnail

Postby StrawberrySnail » 31 Dec 2014 11:01

Goldkoron wrote:lol, I don't really believe you can program a DC to help you get lucid

Why not? The idea is, like Hagart said, to plant the "I am dreaming"-notion into your subconscious. Whether you do that via RCs or by talking to DCs in another lucid dream shouldn´t matter, really.
"There´s nothing to fear but fear itself." (Scarecrow)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jan 2015 13:30

funny DC. :D
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 26 Jan 2015 02:48

Before you go to sleep, you could image a situation involving hand motion and sensation, plus some other unusual interaction, which would act as a dream sight to alert you to lucidity.

For example, visualize a scene in which you are petting a friendly horse, then you become aware that the horse is purple and has wings, and he begins to talk to you saying, "Hey! You're dreaming!"

With practice, your dreaming mind may create some variation of this theme.

Some dream characters seem to possess more independent awareness and are more willing to communicate with the dreamer than others.

deric23

Postby deric23 » 04 Feb 2015 13:37

I had a similar experience. I don't call it a dream because it seemed like these were residents of a different dimension something in the order of helpers-but I was asking for help in some way on something of which I now don't remember. When they noticed me I heard one of them say "Oh it's this guy again" and they turned away. I felt they didn't want to invest any effort with me because in the past I had shown little willingness to put forth much effort when help was given.

shankarsitarman

Postby shankarsitarman » 06 Feb 2015 00:35

deric23 wrote:I had a similar experience. I don't call it a dream because it seemed like these were residents of a different dimension something in the order of helpers-but I was asking for help in some way on something of which I now don't remember. When they noticed me I heard one of them say "Oh it's this guy again" and they turned away...

I wonder if you could try interacting with those DC's again, but instead of asking for help, try to start a conversation. See if they seem to be engaged, or just annoyed. Maybe you could earn their trust back. I know it's far out there, but worth a shot I suppose.

sedric

Postby sedric » 22 Feb 2015 19:28

Maybe next time pull up as much compassion as you can. Apologize and say "yes I know and I'm sorry but that's exactly why I need more help. I hate to be a pest but is there anything that can help me?"

Return to “Dream Characters”