Movie Lucy

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
buildit

Movie Lucy

Postby buildit » 02 Feb 2015 04:16

So I finally watched Lucy tonight. Good movie and many pros and cons IMHO. Pros, loss of primitive emotions, greater sensitivity to waves and electrical stimuli, greater understanding of time and self healing seemed reasonable. The need for drugs is disheartening, metamorphosis into a computer and leaving the bad guys intact so many times seemed lame.
Overall well worth watching though.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

PKJacker

Re: Movie Lucy

Postby PKJacker » 02 Feb 2015 16:30

I kind of felt like it was a waste of time to be honest. It was a little entertaining, but not enough to basically give up logic for that period of time.
Three steps from bliss.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Feb 2015 19:54

What's it about?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 03 Feb 2015 00:03

Summerlander wrote:What's it about?

Movie synapses :
A woman, accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic. Basically she overdoses on a synthetic drug and starts gaining greater and greater use of her mind ultimately reaching 100%.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Feb 2015 00:32

Hmmm... interesting. A bit like Limitless, then? Better, worse, or nothing like it?

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 03 Feb 2015 00:37

Way worse than "Limitless." In my opinion. There were a lot of ludicrously pseudoscientific leaps that detracted from the immersion.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

buildit

Postby buildit » 03 Feb 2015 01:52

I haven't seen Limitless. I'll have to check that on out now. :D

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 04 Feb 2015 11:34

And here I thought the whole point of the movie was to watch Scarlett Johansson with some lame story to distract ones female from the fact one is watching S. J. 8)
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

buildit

Postby buildit » 05 Feb 2015 02:51

Snaggle wrote:And here I thought the whole point of the movie was to watch Scarlett Johansson with some lame story to distract ones female from the fact one is watching S. J. 8)

Well, if you like the emotionless type of girl who isn't interested in sex I guess this movie has got it going on. :lol:

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 07 Feb 2015 09:11

Buildit Scarlet Johansson is not emotionless and she's interested in sex. She resembles Summerland in personality a lot - you don't think he's emotionless do you!
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “Off-Topic”