Hey, Im Ryan :3 Im new...

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
ryanm888

Hey, Im Ryan :3 Im new...

Postby ryanm888 » 05 Feb 2015 07:52

Hey guys,

umm, my names Ryan, and im interested in learning different methods on how to lucid dream, I have only ever had one lucid dream in my time (and that was unintentional and I had never heard of Lucid dreaming at this point lol)

I had a dream a while back (2-3 years) that my uncle got into a bar fight and was injured badly, I woke up sweating, heart racing. I was so relieved to realise I was dreaming, yet when I tried to nod back off to sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about the fight my uncle got into, then low and behold, I drifted back into a sleep, into the same Dream!

As the first part of the dream scared me so bad, that when I re-entered the dream I had entire control of everything, including the environment, bystanders, props, basically every detail of the dream was in my control and i dished out some major revenge! Muhahahah lol Anyways, thats my story on how im interested in learning how to lucid dream!

Feel free to comment, message etc

Many thanks, Ryan :3
"Ive been through Hell...It wasnt Hot enough" - Myself

shankarsitarman

Re: Hey, Im Ryan :3 Im new...

Postby shankarsitarman » 06 Feb 2015 00:23

Welcome, Ryan.
That sounds like a crazy dream. I've had some crazy dreams too where I woke up feeling very relieved that it was just a dream.
As for lucid dreams, I've only had about a handful in my life, but I am currently experimenting with different ways to achieve lucidity. My biggest suggestion would be to take certain vitamins, if you are comfortable with that.
So far, I have tried melatonin, valerian root, vitamin b-6, and a combination of the 3. I have being doing this for a few weeks now, and I've had only 3 lucid dreams. But I must say that these supplements give me some crazy (in a good way), vivid dreams. Don't expect the vitamins to work right away. It takes some time and dedication, which is probably why I'm not having many lucid dreams yet.
If you do try the supplements, just remember to only take a small dose to see how it effects you. Then you can gradually increase the dose.
Today, I purchased a capsule that contains melatonin, valerian root, passion flower, hops flower, chamomile, and taurine all in one. I'm anxious to try it tonight to see if I get better results. I'll let you know how it goes, if you are interested.
Hope this helps. Peace.

ryanm888

Postby ryanm888 » 06 Feb 2015 01:23

hey shankarsitarman!

Many thanks for your detailed response! I never knew vitamins could help with lucid dreaming so i will be definitely be giving that a go lol also I wonder if certain foods can have a similar effect?

I currently attend the gym and I use Taurine in powder form as a focus enhancer, it clears my head and relieves any racing thoughts or over active mind, so ive got heaps of the stuff at home and i will definitely be giving that a try over the next few nights.

What method are you using to lucid dream shankarsitarman? And yeah! please do let me know if the new supplements you purchased work, I am so fascinated and excited to attempt lucid dreaming, just hope the excitement doesn't interfere with my ability to focus haha.

Looking forward to hearing from you shankarsitarman :)
"Ive been through Hell...It wasnt Hot enough" - Myself

shankarsitarman

Postby shankarsitarman » 06 Feb 2015 02:31

ryanm888 wrote:also I wonder if certain foods can have a similar effect?

Last night I had a few large spoonfuls of peanut butter (ugh). I then had the following dreams:
-There was this huge guy on the basketball court. He was very fat, yet very muscular at the same time. But he was super tall too. He was a giant lol.

-I was petting a dog , then he rolled over on his back, and I noticed that he had pancake batter all over his stomach (wtf?).

-I was sitting at a kitchen table in an RV. In front of me was a container with beef ribs soaking in coca cola (which I recently did in real life, and it was delicious). Then, Toby from the show "Scorpion" told me that it was ok to eat the ribs raw, which I did. Surprisingly, it didn't taste all that bad.

I tested the peanut butter method quite a few times to make sure that it was actually the peanut butter giving me vivid dreams. Apple juice has also given me strange dreams.
As for the method that I use for lucid dreaming, a common thing has been mirrors. If you look in a mirror in a dream, your face will most likely look distorted. In my most recent lucid dream, I saw a few mirrors, and I became lucid without even looking at my reflection in them. I simply recalled the fact that reflections can look trippy, which can tip you off that you are dreaming, and became lucid. I once had another lucid dream where I became lucid simply from recalling lucid dream techniques that I read online (not actually using the techniques, but simply recalling that I read about them).

Also, I never knew taurine was a focus enhancer. I'm guessing that it will make dreams more vivid, thus easier to remember?

I'm hoping the supplements I just bought. I am confident that it will, because all of the ingredients not only promote a good night's rest, but dream vividness.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”