A Thought about Lucid Dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
EmberEpix

A Thought about Lucid Dreaming

Postby EmberEpix » 28 Jan 2015 22:52

It's just a simple thought, don't get me wrong. I love the idea of Lucid dreaming but have you ever thought that maybe, we aren't meant to?

I've seen plenty of people here say that dream characters have turned on them or just flat out decided to tell them to go away in response to Then trying to gather information. I was once told to go away by asking for clarification of my fears.

Maybe we're not supposed to? Maybe were just meant to enjoy the dreams as they are! Not that I'll stop lucid dreaming, as said before this is just a thought. Maybe one day someone will sort out all the lucid dreamers and something will happen to us, maybe we'll be studied, hehe.

The main thing that gets me is how often dream characters refrain from giving information that we want. I saw a post where someone mentioned a dream character said they were not allowed to help with lucid dreaming more often. Who gave them the order? Why did they give the order? Will we recieve information so special that it will melt our minds?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

buildit

Re: A Thought about Lucid Dreaming

Postby buildit » 29 Jan 2015 02:03

Evolution is process of natures attempt to find the best solution to species survival. We really don't know where LD abilities are leading so maybe evolution is still testing the process for a new successful mental ability based on LD.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

bob23bk

Postby bob23bk » 05 Feb 2015 09:20

Quite the idea, mind expanding if nothing else! I'd like to think that we ARE meant to lucid dream, and that we probably practiced this long ago when our minds weren't filled with modern thoughts. Imagine what you'd focus on if you lived in a field, in a world without electricity for example. Perhaps it is a skill we have long forgotten; either way I see many benefits and hope we are meant to LD as I'm not stopping either :lol:

As for the DC withholding info, we must remember that they are simply projections of our sub-conscious. If a DC will not answer a question for you, YOU gave them the order not to. I've read that when dealing with a stubborn DC, you can often get them to answer by asking several times. You could also phrase the question differently or more directly (ie 'why am I afraid of ____?' vs 'could you clarify my fears?')

Thank you for sharing your 'simple thought' it is quite philosophical really

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Feb 2015 10:20

bob23bk wrote:As for the DC withholding info, we must remember that they are simply projections of our sub-conscious. If a DC will not answer a question for you, YOU gave them the order not to. I've read that when dealing with a stubborn DC, you can often get them to answer by asking several times. You could also phrase the question differently or more directly (ie 'why am I afraid of ____?' vs 'could you clarify my fears?')

Thank you for sharing your 'simple thought' it is quite philosophical really

I second this.. I dont think there is a mystery about it. Its just all you, so its yourself or parts of yourself which are causing the DCs to act how they do.

Info is in subconscious for various reasons. Maybe part of us knows we arent really ready to hear the answer to the question we asked for whatever reason... something we've blocked out? (everyone blocks out things at times), something we arent ready to quite grasp yet? etc.

Or maybe the dream has given someone the answer to their question but in dream symbolism they didnt understand consciously so they dont even know their question was answered. The normal language for dreams is symbolism not info literally meant in words. You are seeking answers to your questions in a language the subconsciousness doesnt even really speak.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 17 Feb 2015 23:00

Meaning is a function of will. There is what I mean, and what you mean, but there really is no such thing as what words mean. Or what lucid dreams mean. Linguist make a living at this scam, and intelligent people give them money for it, but hell, I would toss them out on the street.

So, do you think your body is suppose to be guided by another mind? That is, what IT means?

It was written a long time ago that there would come a time of lucid dreamers, "Your sons and your daughters shall prophesize. . . " A lot of people take the term prophet in a way not defined. And there was a reference to a division in mankind, your young shall prophesize, but the old shall dream dreams.

The human mind is wholly linguistic by function. It uses both branches of language logic and analogic. For the most part, Lucid dreams are analogical, you are only learning to use the language and it is geared towards your behavior, your emotional responses is part of that behavior.

Since the mind is responsible for the production of human behavior, of human will, we exercise our will in the dream state. One is simply working towards linguistic functionality. So, yes there is content in the lucid dream, but what it is shaping is your fundamental psychology. All of perception works the same way, it is content, the real question is, how is that content affecting you? Your mind is working to dominate the perceptible by making it serve a function. It is a school.

berggg

Postby berggg » 02 Mar 2015 23:26

It's a good question. But i think you're wrong. I think we're meant to lucid dream, at least occasionally. And the reason for this is that children often have lucid dreams, and normally no one has thaught them how to achieve this. At least so I've read, but I don't know if there's done any research on this. I talk a lot about dreams with my 5 years old daughter, and she has a lot of lucid dreams. I think most of us gradually lose this natural ability as we grow up due to the fact that we gradually lose contact with the "here and now". As we're getting older we begin living in the past and in the future, we stop being mindfull, like children are. At least this happens in the modern world. Children don't care much about the past and the future. They care about "here and now", and I think that is why they have a natural ability to lucid dream.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”