Wild-Back-To-Bed (My Personal Technique)

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Derpybunneh

Wild-Back-To-Bed (My Personal Technique)

Postby Derpybunneh » 22 Dec 2014 20:50

Hello, I am working on practicing and refining my own technique that I call Wild-Back-To-Bed. It is a combination of WBTB and WILD. It goes like this:

• Fall asleep normally (don’t try lucid dreaming)
• Wake up 6-8 hours later
• Go back to bed and keep your mind abuzz while you let your BODY fall asleep
• Once you’re body falls asleep, you will enter SP
• Enter a lucid dream
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

MercyStrange

Re: Wild-Back-To-Bed (My Personal Technique)

Postby MercyStrange » 27 Dec 2014 22:11

I've done this many times, by mistake actually. I attempt WBTB and it turns into a WILD instead. I just started doing WILD after getting up for WBTB, and it has worked pretty well so far. :lol:
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Dec 2014 07:35

Your method is basically what I do, but for me it's only about 5 hours of sleep for the first period (don't even bother trying to dream, just rest, but end up with a few to recall) and then 3 hours for the REM phase. (give or take). Get to know your own circadian rhythm but that is mine.

And yea, I get accidental WILDs quite a bit when I do that (well maybe 1-2 per month). Sleep paralysis is an unnecessary step, but if it happens it happens. I very often go back to sleep and actually dream that I am in a bed, still trying to sleep, and then realize it, become lucid, and get up with a lapse in consciousness of how I got there. But that's close enough to a WILD in my book.

I've also noticed a strong link between daylight and serotonin, which wake us up, so when I WBTB when the sun is up, it tends to make my dreams more vibrant since I am more alert. (It's just very hard to go back to sleep and that's the down side).

I basically do the same thing and it's not 100% effective, but when it works IT WORKS!
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Derpybunneh

Postby Derpybunneh » 29 Dec 2014 14:30

HAGART wrote:Your method is basically what I do, but for me it's only about 5 hours of sleep for the first period (don't even bother trying to dream, just rest, but end up with a few to recall) and then 3 hours for the REM phase. (give or take). Get to know your own circadian rhythm but that is mine.

And yea, I get accidental WILDs quite a bit when I do that (well maybe 1-2 per month). Sleep paralysis is an unnecessary step, but if it happens it happens. I very often go back to sleep and actually dream that I am in a bed, still trying to sleep, and then realize it, become lucid, and get up with a lapse in consciousness of how I got there. But that's close enough to a WILD in my book.

I've also noticed a strong link between daylight and serotonin, which wake us up, so when I WBTB when the sun is up, it tends to make my dreams more vibrant since I am more alert. (It's just very hard to go back to sleep and that's the down side).

I basically do the same thing and it's not 100% effective, but when it works IT WORKS!

Ah, yes. Sleeping with the sun in the sky. Very very hard to do for me.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Jan 2015 11:56

Once you’re body falls asleep, you will enter SP

I suggest not to focus on SP, it isnt even needed for WILD and for some can stop having a good LD experience eg they may think they are in SP and be LD being in it but not realise as they arent moving!.

SP is just a side step some get.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

CarsonCase

Postby CarsonCase » 02 Feb 2015 00:01

I've tried this but I still manage to fall asleap. Do you have any ideas of what to think about to keep a concious mind? Like an anti-counting sheep so to say.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Feb 2015 10:59

CarsonCase wrote:I've tried this but I still manage to fall asleap. Do you have any ideas of what to think about to keep a concious mind? Like an anti-counting sheep so to say.

That's the thing, to LD you also need to let that conscious mind go otherwise the subconsciousness wont start creating a dream for you to experience.

If you are having issues due to falling consciously asleep during middle of night, you could try doing a WILD instead during an afternoon nap... or on first waking in the morning.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

astrovineyard

Postby astrovineyard » 25 Feb 2015 20:46

I find that SP is necessary for me, but triggering is is unreliable and rare. I have moments of lucidity, but as an observer, not active participant; I may dream that I am awake and trying to fall asleep. But I always miss the opportunity, not recognizing it in the dream. I am told I need to work on my reality checks.

SP hold greater promise because they can at least be triggered by doing certain things before bed that don't require any concentration, memory or willpower. But, because they tend to be negative/scary experiences where the instinct is to try to move or wake up immediately, I don't have the hang of this either. But I feel practice would make perfect.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”