Being a Well Liked Person

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Je-Je

Re: Being a Well Liked Person

Postby Je-Je » 17 Jul 2014 07:50

btifuldreamer wrote:Very good comments. I am happy to say that since posting this topic i have made a lot more friends all thanks to just saying hi to some people. I've learned that you don't have to have deep conversations with people to be good friends, just a simple how are you will do then you can get on with what you are doing. I'm not necisarily saying i'm trying to be someone else, i am getting out and meeting more people which makes me feel better and more sociable. My ideal plan for the weekend used to be sitting in my lounge room all day playing video games however now i if i do that i feel like i should be getting outside talking to people. But that's just me, i'm slowly becoming comfortable being able to talk to anyone and everyone. But how come nowadays everyone is so afraid to just say hi to people? I've observed that the seniors make great conversation with people they've never even met and there's never an awkward moment. Children these days have been brought up to steer away from strangers, that is good in some aspects but, you're not gonna make many friends that way.

Cooooooooooooool man, im happy for you.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Jul 2014 08:06

We've definitely helped! :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Jul 2014 08:22

I forgot about the original post.

Striking up a conversation with a complete stranger on a bus, or elevator, or in a grocery store will surprise you. People are more friendly than you think. It's a good practice we should all encourage.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 24 Jul 2014 17:57

There is always a risk with every action. Then again, quoting the bad guy from the movie "Meltdown": "No risk, no reward." :-D

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 25 Jul 2014 12:29

Thank Jeje :D I couldnt' be bothered to read all the post up til the last one, but from what i read it seems this post has turned into a debate about animal rights :lol: I'm an animal lover, own two dogs. I don't treat them as lesser creatures, i consider them family and love them. But anyways, i think something anyone should remember is what a simple "hey" can do. It can make someone's day when you simply say hey to a stranger. Don't be afraid. That's what i need to work on more, letting go of that fear of rejection. :geek:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Jul 2014 12:58

People are more friendly and open than you think they are.
We all went off on a tangent in your thread, trying to define "affection" and "friend" without realizing we were already friends, in the elevator of life.

This forum is the elevator and I hope we all go up! Take on new passengers and always say "hello!"
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Jul 2014 00:47

There is a lot one can glean from Rebecca's site. B-)

- Padmasambhava

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 23 Aug 2014 02:47

For me, i hate being solo or alone. I love being with people, i’m a friendly person.
I’m never at home, i spend all my time outside, and sometime i return home at 01:00 in the morning, but my dad hate that so he confiscates my motorbike. But i have a lot of friends, so sometime a friend come with his motorbike to take me. On Facebook, i have 8401 friends. Some people ask me how do you make a lot of friends so fast, and i reply; it's the way you think about people.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 06 Feb 2015 02:25

Je-Je wrote:For me, i hate being solo or alone. I love being with people, i’m a friendly person.
I’m never at home, i spend all my time outside, and sometime i return home at 01:00 in the morning, but my dad hate that so he confiscates my motorbike. But i have a lot of friends, so sometime a friend come with his motorbike to take me. On Facebook, i have 8401 friends. Some people ask me how do you make a lot of friends so fast, and i reply; it's the way you think about people.

Sounds like quite the life you have ;) What is the way you think about people? I will say i have made a significant amount of new friends since creating this post...I think the main reason would be that i am more open to people and not as afraid of rejection. There are still times i avoid saying hi to certain people i'm not overly friends with for the fear they'll think i'm weird or something but i'm getting better. I guess fear of rejection is the main culprit for being shy or quiet
Last edited by btifuldreamer on 10 Jun 2016 04:59, edited 1 time in total.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 06 Feb 2015 13:17

I was in fact very shy as a kid. But now I have changed (I took the mask off) extremely. It is really weird when I think about myself in the past.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Return to “Off-Topic”