Can you dream of sp?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jonyjony

Can you dream of sp?

Postby jonyjony » 30 Jan 2015 16:47

hi :)

So last year i had my first episode of SP, and it was something like this:

It lasted maybe 10-20 secs where i stood laying on my back looking at this person like shadow in the corner of my room. It didnt move and at some point i thought "it cant be a person or my dog whould had barked at it", then i realized i coudnt move and the panic kicked in..... and i "woke up" for real, heavy breathing.

after some researching i found all about LD and now im trying to do it.

Knowing that at some point in trying to achieve LD i might get SP, i've telling myself to keep calm, its all in my mind and i shouldnt panic.

So last night i'm not sure if i had SP or if i dream of beeing in SP. I woke up and saw this dark shadow already coming at me, and i'm like "oh sh*t, here they come" (the hallucinations).

So then I close my eyes again, i "feel" a hand over my mouth, but i notice i can breath through it. So im there, still, and thinking "ok....dont panic now, i've read that in this cases you should try to do small movements". I start to move my toes and my fingers a little and a few seconds later i wake up.

I'm like, what just happen? did i had SP, or i had a dream about beeing in SP, became lucid about it and woke up my self??

any thoughts?

DudeMan010

Re: Can you dream of sp?

Postby DudeMan010 » 07 Feb 2015 02:42

Cant say, I've had false awakenings in the middle of the night where I soon realize that im dreaming, but for some reason I cant move like if im in sp. But I didn't hallucinate. In dreams ANYTHING is possible so I would say that yes you can have a sp in a drema. But is up to you to analyze if what you experienced was a dream or not.

degausser44

Postby degausser44 » 07 Feb 2015 04:48

yes i have several times. yours however just kinda sounds like normal SP that you werent scared in?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Feb 2015 12:38

jonyjony wrote:hi :)

So last year i had my first episode of SP, and it was something like this:

It lasted maybe 10-20 secs where i stood laying on my back looking at this person like shadow in the corner of my room. It didnt move and at some point i thought "it cant be a person or my dog whould had barked at it", then i realized i coudnt move and the panic kicked in..... and i "woke up" for real, heavy breathing.

that was sleep paralyses

So last night i'm not sure if i had SP or if i dream of beeing in SP. I woke up and saw this dark shadow already coming at me, and i'm like "oh sh*t, here they come" (the hallucinations).

So then I close my eyes again, i "feel" a hand over my mouth, but i notice i can breath through it. So im there, still, and thinking "ok....dont panic now, i've read that in this cases you should try to do small movements". I start to move my toes and my fingers a little and a few seconds later i wake up.

I think you woke up to find yourself in a dream but cause you were focused on what happened last time or maybe just had it in your subconsciousness, you then created that dark shadow coming at you. You continued to treat your experience as a SP one so it then became that to you.

When a person is lucid dreaming, what you think, you will usually create.

You didnt realise you were already in a dream as you were focusing too much on SP. (this is the very reason I keep telling people at this forum to not focus so much on SP). If you werent focusing on SP and the terrifying images people often get with it, you probably would of just been able to get out of bed and have a good LD but due to your focus on SP and then trying to get out of it, that didnt happen.

Next time you wake up like this, dont treat the experience as a SP but rather that you have awoken to a dream so you are LD.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 07 Feb 2015 13:04, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Feb 2015 12:43

So then I close my eyes again, i "feel" a hand over my mouth, but i notice i can breath through it

What was the reason why you closed your eyes at that point? I have a feeling you dealt with this situation you found yourself in wrong and hence caused the situation you found yourself in.

If you closed your eyes just hoping it would go away, that isnt a good way to go about getting rid of a scary DC as it is likely to cause just what happened to you or something like that (DC being usually would grab someone or do something to the person if the person is doing no active thinking to change the dream).

To get rid of a DC you need to also use your mind to get rid of it eg close your LD eyes then think of bringing in a different scene (may be hard for a beginner) or to change it to something not scary or imagine it on fire burning up (probably the easier thing for a beginner to create when in fear).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”