Dream Signs

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
xboxspider

Dream Signs

Postby xboxspider » 01 Feb 2015 18:18

About a month ago is when I discovered lucid dreaming. I watched the movie "Peter Pan" and I wondered if in dreams you could do whatever you want. When I discovered lucid dreaming I was fascinated and have kept a journal. I remember my dreams, but have trouble being lucid. It seems my dreams are so normal, like there are no monsters or flying monkeys or anything, to where I can't find any signs I'm dreaming. I have only been doing this for a month so my reality checks haven't carried over into my dreams quite yet. So I have a question. How do I have more irregular dreams to where I can point out where I'm dreaming?
Last edited by xboxspider on 17 Mar 2015 02:12, edited 1 time in total.
"Turn around" I say to my friends. They turn around and see a beautiful sandy beach. They were stunned.
Lucid Dreams: 6
Regular Dreams ∞+
Goal this year: 5 LDs

taniaaust1

Re: Dream Surrondings

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Feb 2015 02:56

Many (I think Rebecca somewhere says most) people have a LD within 21 days. If you dont, I think you need to change what you are doing.

Your own thinking that "Oh Im a beginner so this is going to take a while" .. may in fact hold a person back, its a negative affirmation. Everyone is different. If you are more open to having a LD at any time, your own subconsciousness may help you to become lucid in one.

You havent commented on what kind of reality check you are doing so I cant comment on it, it is possible there is something wrong with your current reality check. I suggest for you to give more info on that so if there is a probably a problem there, someone can tell you.

How do I have more irregular dreams to where I can point out where I'm dreaming?

That shouldnt even be a goal on the way to having a LD.. it just takes focus off of what you really want to do, that being to have a LD!! and is unnecessary. To realise you are LD, you do not need to have irregular dreams at all (and even if you do cause one, it doesnt necessarily mean you will gain awareness due to it. I dont remember any of my crazy dreams bringing me to LD awareness).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

xboxspider

Postby xboxspider » 07 Feb 2015 06:48

I've had one LD before but it was because some irregular stuff was happening and I said "Hey wait a second!"

My reality check is counting my fingers and looking at them thoroughly to see if anything is different. I can remember my dreams well and they're quite vivid. The dreams just seem like they could happen in everyday life that my mind goes along with it. In those dreams, how would I become lucid. I have no dream signs or anything.
"Turn around" I say to my friends. They turn around and see a beautiful sandy beach. They were stunned.
Lucid Dreams: 6
Regular Dreams ∞+
Goal this year: 5 LDs

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Feb 2015 13:17

xboxspider wrote:I've had one LD before but it was because some irregular stuff was happening and I said "Hey wait a second!"

My reality check is counting my fingers and looking at them thoroughly to see if anything is different. I can remember my dreams well and they're quite vivid. The dreams just seem like they could happen in everyday life that my mind goes along with it. In those dreams, how would I become lucid. I have no dream signs or anything.

Nothing appears to be wrong with your reality check thou some like to do more then just one but if you are remembering your dreams well and havent had it fail, the one kind of check should be enough.

You should try choosing a dream sign to do reality checks too. As you remember your dreams well, this shouldnt be hard. Think of something which commonly appears in your dreams (it could be even something like like entering a certain room you do in your dreams) and which also is in your real life, something you can do a reality check with every time you see that thing or do that thing.

ALWAYS then reality check when in that situation (if you choose a situation) or when seeing that thing you choose. If you dont always do it at that thing, programming your brain to reality check at that thing may not work.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Evacarey

Postby Evacarey » 20 Feb 2015 20:22

Nice thread about dream surroundings..
Sleep Paralysis Stories---> http://sleep-paralysis-info.com

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”