Is it true that ...

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
jmebrown1011

Is it true that ...

Postby jmebrown1011 » 07 Feb 2015 19:51

is it true that laying still in a bed or sofa for about 20 mins, will make your body sleep? (sleep paralysis)
So you can try WILD? (Sorry, am new :))
jbrown

Inedible

Re: Is it true that ...

Postby Inedible » 07 Feb 2015 20:07

It isn't as automatic as that. Even at 30 minutes and 60 minutes I'm not there yet. That includes waking up after 6 hours and going back to bed. It could be fair to say that some people, some of the time, could enter sleep paralysis after 20 minutes of holding still in an inclined position.

taniaaust1

Re: Is it true that ...

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Feb 2015 08:29

No its not true. There are some of us who hardly ever get sleep paralyses at all. I think I have only had a few occassions of it in all the years Ive been doing LD.

For a WILD (wake induced lucid dream) people dont necessarily have sleep paralyses and if anything it can cause some to miss their LD (there was someone who posted here only yesterday who was so focused on SP that he missed when he had gone into a dream and then he freaked cause he was dreaming he was SP).

I strongly suggest that if you want to LD, keep your focus on that and not aim for things you dont even need for a LD. Focus on SP programs a person to experience being "stuck in their body" rather waking up to being in their body and finding they can just get up and have a great LD.

Many people when they find themselves in a SP and try to move, often wake up at that point (so can be annoying in that regard). SP is just sometimes an affect of trying to LD.

Beginners often put too much empathise on it and often aim for it instead of just a LD experience.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”