Had my first lucid dream last night, please take a look!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Udregelig

Had my first lucid dream last night, please take a look!

Postby Udregelig » 07 Feb 2015 18:00

ok, so ive been practicing Lucid dreaming for 3 months now, and ive put reality checks into my ordinary day life, holding for my nose, and blowing out.

i woke up at 4 am at the sofa, went to bed. then i layed on my back for about 20minutes, i gave up trying to wild, and then i turned over on my side, maybe 1 minute later, i was standing in my living room, with my roomie, and hes holding a glass bong, and i realise something is wrong, so i do a reality check, and it actually worked and i got shocked, so i took a hold of my roomie and forced my real body eyes open and woke up. because i got scared i forced myself to wake up. but when i went to sleep again, i started drifting away again, but i remember i felt so small, and like my legs and arms, where lying everywhere.

This really freaked me out, and i got scared of how real it actually was, dreams are just like waking life, its sick!! but how can i remain calm? my problem is that im really scared, because this is intense, how can i remove this fear im having ?

it would be cool if anyone would give me some replies :D ! could i get some tips on getting better, and making this process easier ? ^^ any tips ? 8-)

Peter

Re: Had my first lucid dream last night, please take a look!

Postby Peter » 08 Feb 2015 04:45

Tips, just keep doing what you are doing as it worked. You will freak less and less over time and then encounter new experiences and freak again - if you are lucky
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Feb 2015 07:45

Udregelig wrote: i layed on my back for about 20minutes, i gave up trying to wild, and then i turned over on my side, maybe 1 minute later, i was standing in my living room

That's how I often trigger off a LD, I''ll lay on my back and try to WILD for up to 45mins. If I dont manage I then roll over and purposely let myself go to sleep (still hoping to LD) and go into an instant LD. Sometimes we try too hard and we need to relax into sleep more to trigger one.

This really freaked me out, and i got scared of how real it actually was, dreams are just like waking life, its sick!!

That's why its a good idea to always do a reality check when first waking, as you could be in a false awakening .. or reality check if anything at all seems a little bit strange. One sometimes cant tell a LD from reality without a reality check.

but how can i remain calm? my problem is that im really scared, because this is intense, how can i remove this fear im having ?

You'd best think about LD more before you have one, till you KNOW that no harm can come to you in a LD, then you shouldnt be scared.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Udregelig

Postby Udregelig » 08 Feb 2015 12:18

Peter wrote:Tips, just keep doing what you are doing as it worked. You will freak less and less over time and then encounter new experiences and freak again - if you are lucky

Thanks for the tip Peter! :D

taniaaust1 wrote:That's how I often trigger off a LD, I''ll lay on my back and try to WILD for up to 45mins. If I dont manage I then roll over and purposely let myself go to sleep (still hoping to LD) and go into an instant LD. Sometimes we try too hard and we need to relax into sleep more to trigger one.

Yeah, thats exactly how i did it! is it possible to do this every night? cause tonight i didnt make it :(

That's why its a good idea to always do a reality check when first waking, as you could be in a false awakening .. or reality check if anything at all seems a little bit strange. One sometimes cant tell a LD from reality without a reality check.

Cool, then ill try to do it every morning as i wake up, and blow my nose, and question reality.

And i have this other sensation when im trying to wild, after like 10-15minutes, my fingers starts to move (2 of them, index finger and middle finger ) like trought the sheets and stuff, it must be my astral fingers right ? but how can i controll them ?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Feb 2015 13:48

I still get scared sometimes, particularly during SP experiences accompanied by vivid hallucinations such as voices, growling, a presence breathing heavily and the horrible sensation of being observed.

You may lucidly tell yourself, in those intense instances, that it is all in your mind or that it's not real, but the fear may irrationally remain. The reason why fear is so persistent and hard to eradicate, even when you know there is no reason to be afraid, is that such emotion derives from a primordial mechanism in the brain, namely the amygdala, which at times triggers adrenaline rushes - hence the occasional perception of body temperature change and palpitations.

Fear is an instinct and precedes the source of reasoning in the brain such as the neoencephalon. Follow Peter's advice, try to remain calm. Sometimes it helps to focus on how wonderful the experience can be in the lucid dream world. Think adventure! ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Feb 2015 23:42

Yeah, thats exactly how i did it! is it possible to do this every night? cause tonight i didnt make it

I dont think there is many of us who are successful 100% of time, the more thou we practice this stuff, the more LDs we do tend to get. You may have to be patient before you get your next LD but if you keep trying it should come.

And i have this other sensation when im trying to wild, after like 10-15minutes, my fingers starts to move (2 of them, index finger and middle finger ) like trought the sheets and stuff, it must be my astral fingers right ? but how can i controll them ?

The fingers moving themselves which arent your physical fingers, I personally do think of them being the astral body fingers (I get that too, from my own experience the bodies extremities often loosen themselves and start to separate first). People often feel these even if they dont know about astral body stuff. You may even have an OBE (in astral body).

Dont try to control those fingers, just be aware of them unless you want to try to use them to get out.

I personally find the astral body is hard to move and do things with until it separates from the physical one, it otherwise keeps trying to align itself with the physical body thou it may help you have an OBE if you try to reach out with the astral fingers to grab something to pull yourself out if you are game... or you can just wait till you drift off into a LD state.

I personally dont believe the states are exactly the same thou they often do overlap..you can be astral and LD at the same time.. just as its possible for someone in daily life to be fully physically awake and start daydreaming while doing a boring chore.

Anyway, you could have a tendancy towards OBE if you are feeling astral body parts loosening from your physical body.

Udregelig

Postby Udregelig » 09 Feb 2015 17:45

Dont try to control those fingers, just be aware of them unless you want to try to use them to get out.

But i do want to get out of my body, i know its my astral fingers sticking out, and i want to learn how to control my astral body, i can feel it, but i cant use it yet!
any tips on how to get them workin? :) hehe!

i have this feeling im gonna be really good at this over the years! :D

And thanks for all the answears and tips, i will be staying on these forums, so please PM if interested in a chat or discussion ! :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Feb 2015 00:29

Udregelig wrote:

But i do want to get out of my body, i know its my astral fingers sticking out, and i want to learn how to control my astral body, i can feel it, but i cant use it yet!
any tips on how to get them workin? :) hehe!

One's astral body if you stay relaxed, will loosen more and more and can just like pop or slide (one time leaving my body was like shedding a skin), out of the physical one thou it can be helped along at times but many when they try to do so, they loose their relaxed state and hence trying to do things like move fingers could also be a hinderance and not a help.

I suggest to not try moving your astral body while its still connected to the physical as it could too easily make you loose the state.

If you want to help yourself out and actively do something rather then just relax to let yourself naturally move out, try something like thinking about your body extending or enlarging like a balloon eg growing bigger and bigger or getting longer and longer or your arm extending out further and further like stretching (but without actually trying to move). See if you can feel the space your arm and fingers further and further out from their normal physical space. (once enough of your astral energy moves away from the physical body, one naturally finds oneself out).

So you can experiment and sees what works the best for you. You may go into vibrations, if you do.. try to use your mind to intensify them.

One thing Ive done to get out which my astral is like loosening and it just felt kind of right to do so.. was summersault out of body. You then will either find yourself in a dream or astral (or both). Many do the summersalt thing.

Udregelig

Postby Udregelig » 11 Feb 2015 11:13

Thank you all so much for youre time and help, im gonna try out tonight, and see how i do with the fingers, cause thats something that happends every night, my biggest problem, is me falling asleep, i think i can fall asleep under 2 minutes haha !

The astral fingers move on their own, i cant move them at all. i will try some days now, with the stretching and see how it goes ! the sommersault sounded pretty wierd from a lying position haha :D

Alvar

Postby Alvar » 13 Feb 2015 05:49

Summerlander wrote:I still get scared sometimes, particularly during SP experiences accompanied by vivid hallucinations such as voices, growling, a presence breathing heavily and the horrible sensation of being observed.

You may lucidly tell yourself, in those intense instances, that it is all in your mind or that it's not real, but the fear may irrationally remain. The reason why fear is so persistent and hard to eradicate, even when you know there is no reason to be afraid, is that such emotion derives from a primordial mechanism in the brain, namely the amygdala, which at times triggers adrenaline rushes - hence the occasional perception of body temperature change and palpitations.

Fear is an instinct and precedes the source of reasoning in the brain such as the neoencephalon. Follow Peter's advice, try to remain calm. Sometimes it helps to focus on how wonderful the experience can be in the lucid dream world. Think adventure! ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Haven't commented before, but just wanted to add to this note that I think it's difficult to work on controlling fear during the experience, but in waking life one can think about this, realize how we dream every night and wake up and how there's no physical danger to these experiences. Processing these thoughts, questioning the root of that fear, in waking life will help when the next experience comes. I had some scary experiences, especially in the beginning, and I attribute them to my religious beliefs at the time. Was afraid of demons, so I'd see demons. Now the worst things that would chase me/scare me in dreams are tornadoes and wild beasts, until I realize they aren't real.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”