I think this was a lucid dream..?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
j1x1n

I think this was a lucid dream..?

Postby j1x1n » 18 Feb 2012 01:31

A few nights ago i had a dream that i was in a medieval setting where i was standing on the roof of a house that had a flat roof next to another building that i, for some reason, wanted to get into. I decided to use this catapult that launched boulders that was conveniently placed right next to me on the roof. I stood on the edge of it and tried to fire a boulder into the window of the house i wanted to get into.. i ended up somehow knocking myself on the head with the boulder, and fell on the ground. next thing i remember, i launched another boulder and didnt hit the window yet again. then i found yet another conveniently placed item on the ground in front of me: a sniper rifle. I used it to fire through the window right in front of me and killed a fat guy sitting on a chair watching tv in the house. I climbed in the window after this and found my girlfriend inside. I was talking to her about something and all of a sudden i realized that none of this could be real, and i began trying to push the fingers of my left hand through my right palm, but without looking at my hand. after that i decided that my fingers werent going to go through my hand, and got up to walk around and look for something to confirm that it was a dream. somehow i ended up getting distracted from that and started talking to my girlfriends dad, while still wondering "i wonder if this really IS a dream??" i ended up waking up after giving up because i was too scared to do anything really out of it to prove that i was, in fact, in a dream. i was scared that it was possibly not a dream and that whatever i did would have real world consequences. Any suggestions as to what i could have done better or to deepen my lucidity?

Chrispy

Re: I think this was a lucid dream..?

Postby Chrispy » 18 Feb 2012 22:59

Practice, Practice, Practice! lol It will just take time for you to find what dream signs work for you. Also, it looks like you're on the 4th step of being lucid. I copied this out of another thread a while ago, but I forgot who said it:

6th (Pre-Lucid) is that you realize something's unusual
5th (Sub-Lucid) is that you realize something's not real
4th (Semi-Lucid) is that you realize you're dreaming, but still continue with the flow,
3rd (Lucid) is that you realize you're dreaming and make major changes,
2nd (Fully Lucid) is that you can recall physical life and predetermined tasks to perform and shows high level of dream manipulation,
1st (Super Lucid) is that you shows extremely high level of dream manipulation and personal energy, clarity of thought, creativity, and memory, and so on.

Hope this helps. :D
There is no spoon.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 18 Feb 2012 23:48

Sounds like you were very, vey close especially if you were thinking about whether it was a dream in the dream. I have had several of these close calls, where one little thing made the difference of either going lucid or not. You might have made it if you had looked at your hands. Next time try it, that works for a lot of people. If it works for you, it will be very obvious.

It's funny because I can't put the fingers from one hand through the other either, but my hands never seem to have the right number of fingers in a dream, at least so far. The first time I looked at my hands in a dream it was freaky, just little stubs for most of the fingers, then the next time changing between 5 and 6. Good luck.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

j1x1n

Postby j1x1n » 20 Feb 2012 16:57

Thanks guys, and yeah i should probably try to look at my hands next time.. im just worried that i wont be able to have another lucid dream, as this last one happened completely spontaneously and i dont have any kind of symbol or anything of the sort to latch onto and look for in my dreams. i keep a journal, and ive tried reality checks, and even meditating and visualizing for probably a good half hour every day.. none of it seems to leak into my unconscious mind though. and ive noticed that when i go to meditate (i usually do it right before i go to sleep to see if ill fall asleep consciously) i can never actually fall asleep or get extremely relaxed while meditating, but as soon as i finally decide "im tired of sitting here, im gonna end up never sleeping if i keep this up" then i go to sleep! i can consciously make the decision "okay im going to sleep" but i have to clear my mind of any and all deliberate thought before i can do so. is this abnormal? i can only sleep when i just let my mind wander aimlessly. its really frustrating.. :? and i know already that if i just lay there trying to focus on something while falling asleep, sleep just wont come to me. there was a time when i first started lucid dreaming that i actually laid there, unmoving for about 5 hours! i was conscious the entire time, and i have no idea how i managed it.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 22 Feb 2012 07:20

I can only sleep if I let my mind wander too. However, I almost never lucid dream the first time I fall asleep. I normally use the "Wake Back to Bed" method. (WBTB) I set my alarm for around 3 or 4 in the morning, stay awake for at least ten minutes, and then I go back to sleep. For me, doing reality checks (looking at my hands) is much easier and so is becoming lucid when I do this. Early in the morning is a great time, and an easier time, to Lucid Dream. I also find it's easier in the afternoon when I take a nap.

However, if you're a night owl like me and actually like to stay AWAKE until 4 or 5 in the morning, it can be kind of hard to get into a good lucid dreaming schedule. lol
There is no spoon.

Return to “For Beginners”