Natural Dreamers

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Re: Natural Dreamers

Postby KylePK » 18 Feb 2012 07:20

All of this is easier said than done. However, I shall never give up! I will pursue this goal for however long it takes, I will never allow my failures to get the best of me! Thank you all for your support.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Postby KylePK » 18 Feb 2012 07:24

James wrote:
KylePK wrote:Ah I see. No, I force the daydream to my own will. I don't really know how to daydream while letting it come to me on its own accord. Would this help me with lucid dreaming?

Just, meditate or listen to some calming music like time by hans zimmer. Focus on nothing, if you cant, focus on the music. Soon an image will pop into your mind. Focus on it and enduce it! :D

I cannot listen to that song. A friend, mentor and role model of mine died recently. They made a tribute video about his prowess as an athlete and his good nature and character. That song was the theme of this video. I cannot listen to it without feeling a sense of deep sorrow. As I am right now.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Postby Gooeymaw » 19 Feb 2012 15:40

In my case I think I have very high recall is because no one ever told me my dreams were not important. Not that anyone told me they WERE important, and I found them interesting. I certainly knew the difference between dreams and reality, I think even as a child I was probably overly logical. But my idea was that something was occurring, and I paid attention. My dreams are also very rich and almost never had anything to do with real life experiences, and tv wasn't an explination either, because they also did not reflect things happening on tv. Also, my family never went to church or practiced anything religious, and I think meaningfullness in one's life is just something humans naturally gravitate towards, so dreams became my "religion" for lack of a better word for it. I went so far as to invent my own rituals, usually involving dolls made from sticks and clay, and painted stones. In a way I find that all really facinating, because at no time did anyone prompt me to do such things, nor was I aware that I was actually doing anything unusual.

Postby Snaggle » 19 Feb 2012 17:56

1. Dreams are important to everyone. Real life problems are often solved in them and they're the only place where we normally encounter ourselves to ourselves.

2. I'm a very deep sleeper when not doing WILDs and normally fall asleep in under five minutes remembering the last dream before waking. I can get hypnagogic images often by just closing my eyes when fully awake and sometimes play with them rather than doing a better wild when in light sleep. Tesla could also do this and used it to invent, but he was a light sleeper.

3. Living lucidly is pretty meaningless doing WILDs and even just asking questions in normal dreams should make you lucid.

4. Day dreaming is something everyone does, but seems the opposite of number three.

The ability to become absorbed in something is likely more important than any of the above, how many people are being distracted by their body when trying to WILD or are doing self-hypnosis to have sleep paralysis and experiencing symptoms that they have imagined rather than riding HI into better HI and then into rem sleep- it seems like a lot of people at this forum.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”