Hello Everyone

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Rainbear

Hello Everyone

Postby Rainbear » 19 Feb 2012 20:44

Just wanted to Hello and to say that I am the proud owner of my first lucid dream (as of yesterday) and that I was completely blown away by the experiance. I used binaural beats to take me to a state of relaxation and the last thing I remember before the sleep was a very strong pull/desire/need???? to get out of my body. Once the dream started i was very much awake within my dream and acted by my own decisons within. I can not get over how real it was and the colors, how vivid they were, and the majority of it was in 3 diminsional setting. I did listen to Shuman's resonence earlier in the day (balancing and centering) so I don't know if this was important to the process or not. I am looking forward to trying again this evening and will follow the same agenda to get to my dream. Input appreciated....Rainbear

lucidinthe sky

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby lucidinthe sky » 19 Feb 2012 23:10

Rainbear wrote:Just wanted to Hello and to say that I am the proud owner of my first lucid dream (as of yesterday) and that I was completely blown away by the experiance.

Congrats! Isn't it amazing?

Everytime I have an LD it's like W...T....F!!!!!! How can this be possible? That's what I think after I wake up and usually during the dream too. I'm trying to teach myself not to think about that while I'm in the dream because it shocks me awake half the time, but it's very hard not too.

Good luck with your continued efforts and happy LDs!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Rainbear

Postby Rainbear » 20 Feb 2012 13:16

Thanks for the reply. Your 3 letters describe my first thoughts after the LD perfectly. I am still trying to process it all and the more I resolve, the more questions arise. I see after reading some post and articles i must have been very lucky to achieve the LD on my first attempt. Trying to work up the nerve to post my dream in the forum for sharing dreams. Trying to find out if the mind/spirit needs a rest in between LD attempts.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 20 Feb 2012 18:35

I'm still trying to process the whole experience. It's changed my whole concept of "what is reality".

For me, it's been difficult to accept having these experiences and every time I lucid dream, I'm overwhelmed with these thoughts of "how can this be happening, this is impossible, etc." I get so blown away, I often can't participate much in the experience. In my longest LD, I had to continuously tell myself it was a dream and you know it's a dream and just be calm, etc. It was very difficult to convince myself, it's just too darn real.

No one could really tell you what it's like until you experience it yourself, and even then you have a hard time believing your own experience. I'm looking forward to my next LD!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”