Suicide in a lucid dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jack Reacher

Suicide in a lucid dream

Postby Jack Reacher » 16 Feb 2012 08:58

I remember a very long time ago I had a strange dream, now that I think about it I might have been lucid. I wasn't depressed and I didnt want to die, but for some reason I shot myself in the head. However I didnt really wake up, I felt my body drop to the ground but my spirit stayed where it was, it felt like it rose up. I felt a really strange sensation. But this was a long time ago, im wondering, what would happen if you shot yourself in a lucid dream?

Would you immediately wake up, as Inception suggests, or is it possible you will keep dreaming, as your body is still asleep, and maybe you will simply go to another dream, or linger in the same dream as a ghost with no limits?
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

SarahDank

Re: Suicide in a lucid dream

Postby SarahDank » 17 Feb 2012 09:30

bump

I replied to your post in the other thread Jack, I will try and test this ASAP.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 17 Feb 2012 10:51

Jack Reacher wrote:
Would you immediately wake up, as Inception suggests, or is it possible you will keep dreaming, as your body is still asleep, and maybe you will simply go to another dream, or linger in the same dream as a ghost with no limits?

This would be very dependent upon how realistic one is about suicide. If one realizes that a brain shot takes approximately 2 seconds to die from, one would hit the floor with ones body and experience death agonies and likely wake up. Entering another dream should also be common. Do ghosts have no limits? Your ghost might have extremely sever limits such as not being able to effect matter while still being bound by it, as you could not open doors, go through walls or windows, ceilings or floors. It might also have demons coming for it.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Feb 2012 23:54

I remember a dream I had long ago.... I think I was 14 or so.

I jumped off a ledge in a mall, but I was kind of aware that it wasn't reality. I was running away from police and security guards, but I knew it wasn't real. So I jumped over the ledge and fell to my death. IT ALL WENT BLACK! But I didn't wake up. I remained in the blackness for a little while and finally woke up. My mother told me that when you die in a dream you die in real life... BUT THAT IS NOT TRUE!

In fact, that blackness can lead to some crazy WILDS, if you stay there and don't get too excited.

But you don't have to do dream suicide to get there....... I'm convoluted but so are lucid dreams..........

IT IS HARD TO EXPLAIN IN WORDS!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 18 Feb 2012 07:03

As I said in a another thread, I remembered about this when I became Lucid last night. But i got scared and didn't do it.
I shall see how my next one goes.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 20 Feb 2012 01:49

Fair enough, was just reflecting myself on how strange it is to ask a stranger to kill themselves in a dream... il also give it a shot but I haven't had much luck getting lucid after having a nice 3 nights in a row of being lucid.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 20 Feb 2012 02:19

Haha, nah its all good, as I wish to know what will happen also.
I think that may be the case for me too. I had a good streak, so it may take me a while

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”