Space, Time and Dreams.

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
dreamerinmiami

Space, Time and Dreams.

Postby dreamerinmiami » 14 Feb 2015 04:09

Latley ive been watching documentaries on sapce and time. Theory of relativity and stuff like that. Do you think dreams are somehow part of a different time and space? Or is it the same time and space?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
What is your definition of reality?

torakrubik

Re: Space, Time and Dreams.

Postby torakrubik » 15 Feb 2015 17:12

I am currently piecing together a very rough hypothesis which postulates that dreaming is actually another dimension, after space and time. I have no evidence at all for this and I am a man of science so I will make no attempt to convince anyone of this 8-)
Dreaming is my drug

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 17 Feb 2015 01:10

torakrubik wrote:I am currently piecing together a very rough hypothesis which postulates that dreaming is actually another dimension, after space and time. I have no evidence at all for this and I am a man of science so I will make no attempt to convince anyone of this 8-)

I understand what you mean. To some people it may sound crazy. I'm totally down to hear your ideas. So please let me know. Im open to this

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 26 Feb 2015 19:27

dreamerinmiami wrote:Latley ive been watching documentaries on sapce and time. Theory of relativity and stuff like that. Do you think dreams are somehow part of a different time and space? Or is it the same time and space?

I did a thought experiment. I set out two lines in my drawing program and then I tried to decide how a line differs from a line, and which where shorter or longer. Now line segments, I can do that easily. But lines, qua lines. I never figured it out.

As far as the so call theory of Relativity. Some ancients discovered that one cannot predicate of a first principle, or what is called an element, being that every thing is composed of two elements, neither of which is a thing. These two elements are the boundaries between materials, and the materials in the boundaries. In other words, language is an image of reality. Therefore, what cannot be done in reality, cannot be done in language, and vice versa.
Suffice it to say, really smart people first learn the principles of language to insure that their words do indeed make sense.

One can compare a space, with a space, but not space qua space. Anyway, the whole idea of words, which are absolutely gibberish, never seems to phase those who have absolutely not conception associated with the words, or the principles of language the use to associate concepts with.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 30 Mar 2015 06:03

Quantum physicists propose that we may live in a multiverse, and what we perceive to be our ordinary, solid "real" daily world may be intersected by multiple dimensions of space/time. Perhaps various kinds of non-ordinary experience, such as psi phenomena, deep meditation, trance states, lucid and non-lucid dreams, and out-of-body experiences are connected in some way with multiple dimensions and different vibration frequencies in the expansive field of consciousness/energy/matter.

I recommend this website - awakeninthedream.com - hosted by Paul Levy
See "List of articles" - "Quantum Physics: The Physics Of Dreaming"

This thought-provoking article-series discusses ideas in quantum physics regarding the intimate, dream-like manner in which our conscious perception creates and changes the nature of the world we perceive.
- Some excerpts -

- "Quantum physics is like a charm. It is like a higher-dimension talisman, a physics of possibilities."

- "What we wonder about alters the way in which reality presents itself to us."

- "... we have 'dreamed up' quantum physics to reflect the dream-like nature of the universe back to us. In trying to understand nature, as if by magic, physics is helping discover our nature."

- "Quantum theory implies the whole universe - including ourselves - is recreating itself anew every nano-second based on how we are dreaming it up."

- "Quantum theory insists that our everyday world is embedded in quantum reality, that our day-to-day world is quantum through and through."

- "In the quantum realm, we never end up with things, but always with interactive relationships."

-"Irreversibly awakening out of its somnambulistic trance, humanity is going through an evolutionary metamorphosis in which it is unfurling its iridescent wings of creative imagination as it flies into the open-ended space of previously undreamt possibilities, releasing itself into the luminous imaginal sky of freedom."

jasmine2

buildit

Postby buildit » 30 Mar 2015 06:32

dreamerinmiami wrote:Latley ive been watching documentaries on sapce and time. Theory of relativity and stuff like that. Do you think dreams are somehow part of a different time and space? Or is it the same time and space?

I think the idea that dreams can or do occupy a physical realm outside our corporeal reality has many dangerous implications to it like a dualistic reality. With time as a measure of a "rate of change" it is easy to imagine that its physical laws represent a dimension, yet I prefer to see time like gravity as a causality from the interactions between matter and space. Not to say space may indeed enjoy other planes of freedom leading to parallel dimensions but I don't see time as a plane of freedom like some do.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 31 Mar 2015 05:05

Philosopher8659 wrote:

I did a thought experiment. I set out two lines in my drawing program and then I tried to decide how a line differs from a line, and which where shorter or longer. Now line segments, I can do that easily. But lines, qua lines. I never figured it out.

As far as the so call theory of Relativity. Some ancients discovered that one cannot predicate of a first principle, or what is called an element, being that every thing is composed of two elements, neither of which is a thing. These two elements are the boundaries between materials, and the materials in the boundaries. In other words, language is an image of reality. Therefore, what cannot be done in reality, cannot be done in language, and vice versa.
Suffice it to say, really smart people first learn the principles of language to insure that their words do indeed make sense.

One can compare a space, with a space, but not space qua space. Anyway, the whole idea of words, which are absolutely gibberish, never seems to phase those who have absolutely not conception associated with the words, or the principles of language the use to associate concepts with.

Ive read your comment over and over again. Little by little i get what you mean :)

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 31 Mar 2015 05:10

jasmine2 wrote:Quantum physicists propose that we may live in a multiverse, and what we perceive to be our ordinary, solid "real" daily world may be intersected by multiple dimensions of space/time. Perhaps various kinds of non-ordinary experience, such as psi phenomena, deep meditation, trance states, lucid and non-lucid dreams, and out-of-body experiences are connected in some way with multiple dimensions and different vibration frequencies in the expansive field of consciousness/energy/matter.

I recommend this website - awakeninthedream.com - hosted by Paul Levy
See "List of articles" - "Quantum Physics: The Physics Of Dreaming"

This thought-provoking article-series discusses ideas in quantum physics regarding the intimate, dream-like manner in which our conscious perception creates and changes the nature of the world we perceive.
- Some excerpts -

- "Quantum physics is like a charm. It is like a higher-dimension talisman, a physics of possibilities."

- "What we wonder about alters the way in which reality presents itself to us."

- "... we have 'dreamed up' quantum physics to reflect the dream-like nature of the universe back to us. In trying to understand nature, as if by magic, physics is helping discover our nature."

- "Quantum theory implies the whole universe - including ourselves - is recreating itself anew every nano-second based on how we are dreaming it up."

- "Quantum theory insists that our everyday world is embedded in quantum reality, that our day-to-day world is quantum through and through."

- "In the quantum realm, we never end up with things, but always with interactive relationships."

-"Irreversibly awakening out of its somnambulistic trance, humanity is going through an evolutionary metamorphosis in which it is unfurling its iridescent wings of creative imagination as it flies into the open-ended space of previously undreamt possibilities, releasing itself into the luminous imaginal sky of freedom."

jasmine2

Thank you for that. Im going to check out that website :) . What you have said resonates with me :) *Quantum physics*

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 31 Mar 2015 05:17

buildit wrote:

I think the idea that dreams can or do occupy a physical realm outside our corporeal reality has many dangerous implications to it like a dualistic reality. With time as a measure of a "rate of change" it is easy to imagine that its physical laws represent a dimension, yet I prefer to see time like gravity as a causality from the interactions between matter and space. Not to say space may indeed enjoy other planes of freedom leading to parallel dimensions but I don't see time as a plane of freedom like some do.

I can understand why you say "dangerous." Should i love my other dimension mom as i do the one i have here in this one. Thats how i perceive the danger in it. Its controversial, there are so many possibilities. I don't know what to believe anymore....

Return to “Dream Science”