Seeking others who understand.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
User avatar
Alvar
Posts: 11
Joined: 23 Jan 2015 05:07

Seeking others who understand.

Postby Alvar » 23 Jan 2015 05:31

Hello all, I've been experiencing on an off with lucid dreaming, initially thought of them as astral travel or out of body experiences, for decades. Discovered this when I was a teenager and was fascinated by it. I've recently started experimenting again and find I can easily generate these experiences. I'm still working at keeping them going, though, since they end quickly. I'm mostly here because it's difficult to discuss lucid dreams with others who haven't experienced them, so I don't do it. I think people who haven't had any experience with their dream world may see those who say they have as crazy-delusional or liars, don't know which one is worse. In any case, I'm mostly here to read, not yet ready to share.

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3643
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Seeking others who understand.

Postby Summerlander » 23 Jan 2015 14:59

Feel free to share your lucid dreams because this is a community of lucid dreamers who know exactly where you are coming from. I started out like you - with Robert Monroe, looking at literature on out-of-body experiences and so-called astral projection - but my inquisitive mind demanded real answers which led me to lean more towards scientific interpretations. Finally, I discovered Stephen LaBerge (quite legit) and Michael Raduga (whom I worked with in research).

The latter authored a guidebook which you can download for free called "The Phase." It helped me immensely with my pratice as it focuses mostly on techniques that help you to intensify, prolong, manage, and re-enter the lucid dream state (which he calls the "phase state").

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
Alvar
Posts: 11
Joined: 23 Jan 2015 05:07

Re: Seeking others who understand.

Postby Alvar » 24 Jan 2015 05:35

Thanks Summerlander. I may share later on, but want to read first, see what the community interaction is. I have read LaBerge, but didn't know about Raduga, so will check that out. I was probably 13 when I had my first OBE-type experience (I know now we think that may be a simulation of some kind) and have always returned to this inner world, thinking it something that most people are not fortunate to know. Nighttime, I often told myself, is made for traveling.

Summerlander wrote:Feel free to share your lucid dreams because this is a community of lucid dreamers who know exactly where you are coming from. I started out like you - with Robert Monroe, looking at literature on out-of-body experiences and so-called astral projection - but my inquisitive mind demanded real answers which led me to lean more towards scientific interpretations. Finally, I discovered Stephen LaBerge (quite legit) and Michael Raduga (whom I worked with in research).

The latter authored a guidebook which you can download for free called "The Phase." It helped me immensely with my pratice as it focuses mostly on techniques that help you to intensify, prolong, manage, and re-enter the lucid dream state (which he calls the "phase state").

[ Post made via Android ] Image

ashes2ashes
Posts: 14
Joined: 31 Jan 2015 16:34

Re: Seeking others who understand.

Postby ashes2ashes » 31 Jan 2015 18:49

Hey Al. You are definitely not weird or crazy lol. Lucid dreaming can be fun and exciting. I don't know many people who lucid dream so I hope this forum will be a great way to communicate with people who have the same experiences!

User avatar
Alvar
Posts: 11
Joined: 23 Jan 2015 05:07

Re: Seeking others who understand.

Postby Alvar » 13 Feb 2015 05:43

ashes2ashes wrote:Hey Al. You are definitely not weird or crazy lol. Lucid dreaming can be fun and exciting. I don't know many people who lucid dream so I hope this forum will be a great way to communicate with people who have the same experiences!


Thanks for the reply. :mrgreen: I know this is not crazy, as long as one also stays grounded in the other reality. What's crazy is to ignore so many hours of life by not working with dreams.

ashes2ashes
Posts: 14
Joined: 31 Jan 2015 16:34

Re: Seeking others who understand.

Postby ashes2ashes » 19 Feb 2015 05:14

Yes, definitely stay grounded in this "reality" , but as you explore further into lucid dreaming you may find that it reflects reality and can help you figure things out along the way. I have had many circumstances where my dreams have sort of predicted the future or reflects what I need to work on. You should always find a balance between the two. If you can do that you'll find that these dreams can help guide you along the way.

User avatar
Alvar
Posts: 11
Joined: 23 Jan 2015 05:07

Re: Seeking others who understand.

Postby Alvar » 19 Feb 2015 05:26

ashes2ashes wrote:Yes, definitely stay grounded in this "reality" , but as you explore further into lucid dreaming you may find that it reflects reality and can help you figure things out along the way. I have had many circumstances where my dreams have sort of predicted the future or reflects what I need to work on. You should always find a balance between the two. If you can do that you'll find that these dreams can help guide you along the way.


I can see the second part of that -- seeing these experiences as guidance. I have tried to extract some predictions from these experience and have one famous story I've only told very close friends, where I basically got (encoded in some other information) an important date for a future event months before it happened. And only on the day of the event was I able to remember and make the connection. I count this one as a weird coincidence because it hasn't happened again.


Return to “Introduce Yourself”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest