Lucid Dream Hands: how many fingers are there?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
12padams

Re: Lucid Dream Hands: how many fingers are there?

Postby 12padams » 21 Feb 2012 11:07

I made that after waking from a lucid dream in which I saw my hand. I had 5 fingers but wow did they look distorted... In-case your interested here is the lucid dream that I saw them in:
http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.msg4346#msg4346

Its a little long... Actually its my longest lucid dream ever so here's a quote of when I looked at my hands:

"Before entering the park I looked at my hands and realised they looked extremely distorted. My fingers seemed a lot shorter than usual and had a slightly blurry appearance. All fingers apart from my middle finger were ball-shaped at the fingertips. At first I was confused but then remembered a reality check which involves observing if your hands look distorted. To me the distorted hands were just further proof I was consciously in the phase. I have inserted an image to the right demonstrating the appearance of my hands within the phase. I created the image using Adobe Photoshop CS5 about an hour after waking."

Anyone else seen something similar?
Can't Have A Lucid Dream?

Check out my free eBook which logs my day by day journey from day 1. Check out my experiences, successes and failures with many different lucid dreaming methods.

Download here: http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.0

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Feb 2012 15:13

12padams wrote:Anyone else seen something similar?

Yes, my hands have looked similar to this, but not quite as bulbous and usually missing at least one finger.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Mar 2012 21:15

I usually do a reality check by making something move with my mind. But it didn't work one time and so I looked at my hands. That was the first time I used my hands as a RC.

I noticed that my right hand had an extra finger. I stared at it and tried to see exactly where the extra one connected to my palm. It wasn't really attached, but more like an illusion when light bends through a prism or through water or like looking through a kaleidoscope that replicates the same image.

But beware.... sometimes they look normal for me now, so multiple reality checks are a good idea when you already have a feeling your dreaming.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Mar 2012 21:42

HAGART wrote:But beware.... sometimes they look normal for me now, so multiple reality checks are a good idea when you already have a feeling your dreaming.

I know, just had my first hand RC failure last night :( Major bummer for me. I had a dream where I was at an airport at the gate waiting for my flight and could not find my laptop computer bag. I kept asking people if they knew where it was, but no one could help me. I was freaking out at the thought of losing it running around the airport frantically. Meanwhile the flight was boarding and they kept asking me if I was going or not. Then my other bag disappeared. During this whole thing, I must have checked my hands no less than 5 or 6 times and every time they were normal. So I thought I wasn't dreaming. I'm thinking that maybe I didn't allow myself to get lucid and get out of this because it's obviously some sort of unresolved conflict that I needed to deal with.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Mar 2012 01:57

For me, I already need to have a feeling that I am dreaming first before I check if it is real.

I have done reality checks in dreams out of habits I formed during the day, and nothing happens. Which is what I expected, because all the habitual reality checks during the day don't work either.

Now when I do a reality check, I also ask myself where I was a few moments ago and how I got to where I am now.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”