Lucid Dreamers and God

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.

Have you ever tried to communicate with God in the phase state (LD/OOBE/AP)?

Yes, and I was successful
7%
Yes, but nothing happened
4%
Yes, but what was encountered was a product of my mind
11%
No, but I am willing to try
47%
No, and I'm reluctant to try out of fear
No votes
No, and I never will (I'm an atheist who doesn't see any point)
31%

Total votes: 45

nesgirl

Re: Lucid Dreamers and God

Postby nesgirl » 16 Feb 2015 06:39

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 16 Feb 2015 06:48

You are probable confusing something with nothing.
If life is a thing, then it is something, and can be predicated of.
Typically, people speak of life as meaning their life. Life is not a thing, we are,

Just because one cannot predicate of life, just like one cannot predicate of space, or linearity, one can predicate of a line, a life, your life.

You do, just like everyone else, have a biologically defined purpose.
Or as Aristotle would say, "Everything that has a function, exists for its function."

When you do not know what your function is, your job, nor how it is done, you are not actually self aware.

When one does not know what definition is, nor that language is constrained by definition, then they get language as the above posters. Pure gibberish. As Plato and other pointed out, All reasoning follows from definition, and definition is a mirror in names of reality.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 16 Feb 2015 07:12

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 16 Feb 2015 08:30

Since the principles of language are not followed today, do you think you can rely on what you read?

Critical reading is reading and comparing a persons words against the principles of language.

Once you establish a naming convention, thinking and speaking according to definition is the only way you can speak without talking non-sense. Definition determines the principles of predication. That is how Plato could argue so well. You simply show how the other person cannot even adhere to, much less comprehend definition.
My work in analogic is only half of my language project.

Secondly, when you argue, it is not who says what, but the following of reasoning based on definition.
That is the meaning of
In the beginning was the Word,. . . it is the principles of language that are God, the only power, or authority for a mind that is awake.

All of my essays follow from definition. If one does not follow by definition, they can no more give their word than keep it. Not in any social situation.

We are a mind. One of a group of environmental acquisition systems of a living organism. Our purpose is identical to the rest, to maintain and promote the life of the body-and to do in accordance with the principles of language. We simply produce the behavior of our body in order to have life and have it more abundantly. Or, in the solution to the name of the Beast 666
"To regulate our behavior so as to turn the past into the future and to bring the future to pass."

As the puzzle was sealed by principles of language (the answer is actually given at least 4 times in the text) that is how we do our job. That is our purpose. If we cannot do that, all the words in the world can not cover up the fact that we are simply dysfunctional, no matter who says what.

The whole of the Platonic doctrine is virtue is doing our own work-the work of mind. Plato based his outlines, each on a principle of reason or psychology. The Judeo-Christian Scripture is not only written in the same manner, but it writes the words also in the history of man. Far more advanced than Plato.

For example, if you are not thinking, you see two stories of creation, the blessing and the curse, Gen 1 to Gen 3. If you are thinking by definition, you see this;
The serpent spoke in the name of the Lord,
What he said came to pass.
God confirmed his words.
In other words, the serpent, by Law, was a prophet sent by God. The outcome was the same, to become like God, or Truth in judgment.
It is a test of the human mind. Not written by man.
You read it by appearance and they look quite different, even opposed, you read by definition, they both say the same thing. Like my mathematical glyphs, you write the equation and then you move the elements of the glyphs and the figure looks radically different, but the definition always remains the same, you always get the correct answer to the equation.
A very wise man once said, Judge not by appearance, but by righteous judgment. That is only possible, as even Confucius pointed out, by the rectification of names.
But to go from one kind of thinking, to the other is a great leap in psychology. There is a real psychological difference between being proto linguistic, and linguistic.
I use to write before I took up my studies seriously, I asked in the Lucid Dream state about my work, I got the reply that it was rubbish, but I was also told that some day I would have to share what I learned in unlocking the principles of language.
Lucid Dreaming is a constant state of criticism of our behavior.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 18 Feb 2015 20:03

Philosopher's logic: if we concede that we are made of atoms (because it's conveyed in language format somewhere) we desist from our identity as humans.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 21 Feb 2015 21:23

Someone who cannot reason, always places an adjective where it cannot linguistically go.

Is logic mine, or yours, what is said is simply either true or false.

I would be just as reasonable if I said, If I believed that running involved legs, then running would loose its identity as running.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Feb 2015 02:03

Adjective? If you are referring to my post above, you tell me where you see an adjective. If you say "logic" I will laugh because it's a noun. The adjective would be "logical" so you have just shot yourself in the foot one more time. And since you are trying at all costs to criticise me, allowed me to repay you, my friend. It's "lose," not "loose." Go on, edit it! :mrgreen:

And running would not lose it's identity as running. The word "run" contains definitions which can involve the use of legs but not necessarily. Example: My car runs on Diesel. So if you said you believe running always involves legs, you would simply be wrong. :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 22 Feb 2015 03:27

Interestingly enough, the word "run" has the most definitions of any word in the English language. Lol!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 22 Feb 2015 04:01

Look up the definition of an adjective, and then tell me that in such constructions Euclid's Elements, etc, Euclid's is not adjectival, genius.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 22 Feb 2015 05:06

You should teach yourself to write clearly. It's an indispensable tool in discussion. That last post was a grammatical and syntactical atrociy, like much of your writing. Or perhaps writing with deliberate ambiguity and pedantry is a conscious strategy...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Return to “Dream Science”