Build a city (after I wrecked it first!)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Peter

Build a city (after I wrecked it first!)

Postby Peter » 22 Feb 2012 23:00

Fragments;
Electric car and going down steep hilly road, concerned that the car wont make it
At lights and wanting to cross the road, a lot of lights and each set just lead to another
Eating chocolate cake at a cafe and the chief didn’t give me what I ordered
Met old friend and she was upset and we taked for a while about her issues
In house and there were some people arriving to stay, I didn’t know them and didn’t like them
330am 4mg “G” 2 choline caps
Relaxed into WILD attempt and ended up in dream in reception in a hotel. Just missed the transition, HI was light and relaxed with lots of dynamic images like clouds and some scenes forming but still missed the entry point. I got it straight away and laughed and said I am in the dream and fully lucid.
My goal was to just walk around and look and explore a city. I started walking a cobble street and for fun threw rocks at buildings; it was hard at first to get the actions correct but started hitting them and willed them to crumble to dust as I hit them. I destroyed most of a city block and had a DC following me that was upset at this so I tried to rebuild the city. It took a lot of effort and concentration to get results and I first got a lake or estuary and then the tops of buildings appeared in rows under the surface. They next started to rise up and in time I had a country setting of cottages and farmland and rivers. I didn’t explore this just turned around and kept walking up the street that I hadn’t wrecked.
I was now in a room with an odd sculpture and a ball of grey/black energy vibrating in the centre of the work. I hesitated a bit as it was an oddity in the dream and after a while I picked up the ball and cupped it in my hands. It grew to surround me and filled me with its energy and I had no fear just a nice warm feeling all over – woke myself up at this stage
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Re: Build a city (after I wrecked it first!)

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Feb 2012 23:48

I'm guessing from your decription that the very first part wasn't lucid, but still sounds like a pretty long LD.

When you say that you missed the transition, do you mean that you jumped right into the LD with a temporary loss in awareness? If so how long was it? This is always the case for me, although the gap is sometimes only a few seconds.

Also, does doing these kind of things like building a city require the logical thinking part of the brain and if so do you think it shortens the life of the dream?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 23 Feb 2012 00:23

yes the first fragments were early night dreams, I didnt bother to write all the details but do have some more in my notebook

When you say that you missed the transition, do you mean that you jumped right into the LD with a temporary loss in awareness? If so how long was it? This is always the case for me, although the gap is sometimes only a few seconds.

Correct, I was relaxing in bed trying to ignore the heavy rain and ended up on my side with a pillow on top of my head so that kills any need to be in the "correct" position. I am getting more sensitive to stages during this stage but not quite enought to detail them yet. Anyway drifting off, HI coming in waves and maily bursts of colour starting from a pinpoint to a bloom or cloudburst and them fading. A couple of images but as I think you would say "2D" they were just flat screen images and then I was in a reception area of a hotel and waiting to be booked in. No clues just there and I expect it was an instant from awareness to this dream. I smiled and said cool I am dreaming and away I went. Its very hard to say how long it was but I feel it was instant and would not say it was WILD or DILD just simply there I was in the dream and fully lucid. Total dream time IF went straight into the dream was 90 minutes. It was long and I run out of stuff to do so woke up.

Also, does doing these kind of things like building a city require the logical thinking part of the brain and if so do you think it shortens the life of the dream?

No just the opposite, this is the first time I have tried and it was a major effort of will and focus. I had no plan and expected the city to reform as it was but it didnt. I willed for a city to rebuild and after a bit it the landscape started to change to the pond or lagoon and them some darkness started rising to the top, next up the buildings just grew out of this in their own way. I was busy just willing for this happen but gave in no form.
I start to wonder sometimes if the logical part of us is not needed and we need to learn a new "logic" for the dreamworld?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 23 Feb 2012 08:12

Yeah I find doing crazy activities that you would think require a lot of thought actually prolong the dream. All my long LDs are big epic dreams where im flying or something. I think doing activities help immerse you in the dream so you dont get too attatched to the idea that you are lying in bed.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Postby Peter » 23 Feb 2012 08:39

I think the same. I was wrecking and building early on in the dream. It took me a lot of effort or more correctly energy but got there in the end and its the first time I have done that and will try again.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Feb 2012 20:28

Peter wrote:I start to wonder sometimes if the logical part of us is not needed and we need to learn a new "logic" for the dreamworld?

I agree with the idea that dreams in general are not driven by the logical brain, but what I would call the "intent drive" for lack of a better term. From my experience, we still can engage our logical thinking brains in the process of lucid dreaming which is required to some level to figure out your dreaming, but overusing this makes me wake up sooner. For example, I avoid things like asking a DC if it thinks we are in dream or "Can you tell me which one of you is God? And while we're at it, what's the meaning of life?" I will quickly realize they don't have an answer and they are waiting for me to produce one. Of course, maybe the DC is outside of me and I could be surprised that it actually does have an answer. :)
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Feb 2012 06:21

It wouldnt surprise me if some of the energy that creates dreams and DC comes from outside and we turn this energy into what we see and do in the dream.

As for logical brain it might be that there is no logical brain but rather using the brain in a certain way creates what we call logical thought, after all the same brain is creative and we dont get angry rather certain actions in one person create the state that expresses anger. Its more the type of input and the way we use it than a type of brain that thinks in a particular way

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”