Is there an afterlife?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
deschainXIX

Re: Is there an afterlife?

Postby deschainXIX » 23 Feb 2015 22:19

:lol: So he's joined and participates in a small forum... to talk to himself.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the result when one eschews all enlightened literature and instead fixates one's life entirely around vindicating and honoring a set of ancient texts.

Summerlander didn't fictionalized your words, and you know it, Philosopher. You only use this to squirm (rather clumsily) again and again out of encroaching refutation.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 23 Feb 2015 22:28

And maybe you joined the forum to enlighten us.

Show us the way, transcendental troll..
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Feb 2015 23:21

He is far from being a troll. If you carefully read his posts, you will find that they are very educational. He's been trying to enlighten you all along but you appear to be too dense to be penetrated by the light. And so, you remain in the dark about most things. When you realise he is a beacon of hope in this mad world, you will thank him.

Your Philosopher pal, there, on the other hand, bears all the hallmarks of a deranged troll. Like Charles Manson, who believed a Beatles album said it all in code, he will tell you about the Book that you are too stupid to interpret, and that he has the right exegesis. Only he doesn't realise that the recommended "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" would not work with someone like Manson, who would kiss his feet and expect the same reciprocity besides other things... :mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 24 Feb 2015 00:00

Yeah, I'm too blind about the truth. In fact I am scared of the light.

Hey, Summerlander. Have you ever heard of the word "opinion"? Check it out. You might learn something new today.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 24 Feb 2015 03:25

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:27, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 24 Feb 2015 08:30

Erm, by insults you mean "transcendental troll" right? Shouldn't deschainXIX be the one to get "tired," nesgirl?

And Desert, ever heard of someone being wrong or deluded when facts stare them in the face and someone being kind and cool enough to point that out for them? 8-)

So quit whining like babies and take criticism. :mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 24 Feb 2015 10:01

Do you even know what criticism means? Fact about what?? You want so much to bash other people's opinions that you didn't even realize that I agree with you. Grow up, kiddo.

~David Gerrold

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 24 Feb 2015 10:06

The only reason I respond to you instead of Philosopher is not that I agree with him or disagree with you, but only because I don't like persons who cannot accept an opinion.

You know, I can accept facts. You are the one who cannot. Try and accept the fact of different opinions, make up your mind and we'll talk later..

~David Gerrold

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 24 Feb 2015 10:16

nesgirl wrote:
DesertExplorer wrote:Yeah, I'm too blind about the truth. In fact I am scared of the light.

I have spring SAD, and I hate sunlight. So right with you.

I am starting to get really fed up of users constantly getting insulted whenever they try to express an opinion. This is way worse than the Democrats VS Republican debates that go on here in the USA

They will grow up some day and have better things to do.

~David Gerrold

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 24 Feb 2015 10:27

Now we are in a fine fix. How do you test a mind for being functional, or delusional?

The base question is, what is life, specifically, life for a mind?

It is written that the heart of man shall be tested. One says that heart is in the chest, one says that heart is a metaphor for mind, what it takes in, is the same as what is inside, and what is inside is what is put out for life. Metaphor indeed!

In reality it is tested with every judgment, just like the lungs are tested with every breath.

For example, a normal human being would say that the Book is contradictory from the start. Take, for example, the two stories of creation. One appears to be a blessing, the other a curse. How stupid does someone have to be to buy into the idea that a great intelligence could start a Book like that?

Then along comes someone as says look, do not examine by appearance, but examine using standards. Such a difference between the two. What does one do? Clearly the two stories contradict each other. It is apparent.

One says they are contradictions, and the other says;

The Serpent spoke in the name of the Lord.
What he said came to pass.
God confirmed his words,
marriage was attained.
Man became like God.
Man was given dominion over the earth.
They say the same thing, but only appear different.

But still one insists, no, one is good and one is bad, just look at them! In one God is pleased, and the other He is angry. In one there is no evil serpent, in the other there is this big bad snake. The other simply says, judge not by appearance, but by righteous judgment. And, do not be a respecter of persons, great or small. But the other insists, God said this, God said that. . . oh dear. You offend our God!

Oh, what a delusion, this one has, he cannot see that they plainly contradict themselves. That God is either supreme or that God is a myth.

How do you test a functional mind? Is it possible, to write a text to test the functionality of a mind? Not hardly, no way! It was written thousands of years ago, similar stories, all different!

Well, the standard IQ test. Which one of these things is the same, and which one really not like the others?

If the mind is responsible for behavior, I suppose you test it like anything else, is it functional, is it making its designed product. Who cares about your religion, philosophy, or opinions, what does it actually do?

Is life really a circus, do we in fact have god on a string, or, is something else actually happening?

Return to “Off-Topic”