Is there an afterlife?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
DesertExplorer

Re: Is there an afterlife?

Postby DesertExplorer » 25 Feb 2015 01:32

Lad, where oh where am I wrong? If you find exactly what I said in this thread that proves ignorance then we will talk about it. You see? You are the one who talks out of his ass, because I even said that I agree with you.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Feb 2015 01:40

You just said that accepting an opinion is to ignore it if you have a different one. Why wouldn't you voice it? No guts and no confidence? In today's war of ideas you wouldn't stand a chance! :-)

Your demeanour is wrong and will get you nowhere. You "agree" with anything, it seems, either to be polite or because you want people to like you. There is also a level of dishonesty in that sort of approach.

"Summerlander... I agree with you. Philosopher, I agree with you..." :mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 25 Feb 2015 01:44

Wrong again! I agree with what you said about faith when an individual believes in a God that there is no logic behind him. But I say that faith is essential in many occasions. Then again, I was sure that you wouldn't quote me and just take some of my words and stick them together. hahaha sorry.

next time, buddy..
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Feb 2015 01:48

*Dumb&Dumber's Loyd's voice*

"I...DON'T...CAAAAARE!"

:mrgreen:

I'm going to ignore you now cuz I don't agree with you and that's what you told me to do. :-D

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 25 Feb 2015 01:50

finally.. :P

~David Gerrold

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 25 Feb 2015 01:50

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 25 Feb 2015 03:23

Excuse me. I believe I am suffering from radiation sickness.
Nes, I really don't think you have any right to bitch about all the wrong in the world when it is clear you don't have the least ambition to make it better than that non-sense you talk about.

The correct method of bitching, is to present something better, you know, like an animal trap. They take the bait, well fine, they don't, there is always tomorrow. You think people are ignorant? Provide free educational material. etc. But, if you are not going to do anything constructive, why complain?

A person's real ambition to change things is proportional to what they do to correct it. Simple as that. You want pity? Take a good look around this world.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Feb 2015 01:06

She has the right to bitch and moan because that is a good way to unwind. It is the cynic's prerogative. Gotta have a good moan sometimes. Fix the world if you want, but not too much. Learn to distrust utopias. :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 26 Feb 2015 01:29

Summerlander wrote:She has the right to bitch and moan because that is a good way to unwind. It is the cynic's prerogative. Gotta have a good moan sometimes. Fix the world if you want, but not too much. Learn to distrust utopias. :mrgreen:

Distrust utopias? Well, your anthropomorphic interpretations of things is your own personal moan. Still waiting for the scream.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 26 Feb 2015 01:58

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:27, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Return to “Off-Topic”