Is there an afterlife?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
DesertExplorer

Re: Is there an afterlife?

Postby DesertExplorer » 27 Feb 2015 02:20

HAGART wrote:Try and get one to stop and give it up. They can't. They're addicted to their way of life just like anyone else.

They can, because they have already done it once with letting go of easiness and practicing a new way. They don't do that because they are addicted, but because they try to find something.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 27 Feb 2015 02:25

HAGART wrote:Try and get one to stop and give it up. They can't. They're addicted to their way of life just like anyone else.

(Besides, isn't Nirvana escaping an endless cycle of rebirth? All they want to do is escape this harsh reality.)

Exactly! That doesn't prove addiction, but desire. Don't you think?
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Feb 2015 02:29

I see where we are not seeing eye to eye. I was referring to nesgirl's definition of addiction.

(I agree that there is a HUGE difference between addiction and desire. I'd like for her to think about it.)
Last edited by HAGART on 27 Feb 2015 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Feb 2015 02:30

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Feb 2015 02:42

Do you agree then, if I have sexual dreams from time to time, not ALL the time, then it's a perfectly normal, safe desire, not addiction and in no way harming anyone? Do I have your permission?

(I may have stumped you with that because although painful to admit, by your logic, the only answer should be, 'yes'.)
Last edited by HAGART on 27 Feb 2015 03:03, edited 1 time in total.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Feb 2015 03:02

Goodbye forever...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Feb 2015 03:16

I literally just added one line at the end as I was waiting and should be nicknamed, "Mr. Edit!".

I'm glad you see it rationally. I had a request to share a dream of mine, and will put it in the Share Your Lucid Dreams section. You'll see I'm not such a pervert. Dreams truly do showcase our inner desires, so it's like our naked selves we reveal deep down. They can be very telling. I had doubts about sharing it, but I feel more comfortable now. The only reason why I want to is because I don't share them with family, but feel a need to get them out there. It helps with my own understanding of them.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Feb 2015 03:26

Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Feb 2015 04:35

The Buddhist's quest for nirvana is ultimately a selfish goal. They desire to get there and they meditate a lot with that goal in mind. Buddhism does not encourage you to embrace yourself. It implies that you are in a delusional state whereby you require salvation. It is, in a subtler way, just like all the other religions. It all persuades you to stop thinking and promotes the killing of personalities.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Feb 2015 06:23

nesgirl wrote:However, the reason why I am blaming people who are 100% in control of their dreams is because I had an instant where someone was intentionally using his Lucid Dreams to sexually harass me by telling people about his Lucid Dreams which were TMI about raping me, which very obviously he was controlling 100%, so obviously I was very angry at him for it.

I would classify that as online bullying and even on the verge of sexual harassment. I'm sure it wasn't on this forum. How do you even know if they were telling the truth or just a troll?

nesgirl wrote:My Lucid Dreams may or may not showcase my inner desires.

I think that's all they do, to be honest. Why have a thought about anything if there wasn't even a subliminal desire to have it?

As for Buddhism, Summerlander, I agree with their idea and Buddhism actually makes a lot of sense, but I don't see a need to shave my head, wear an orange jumpsuit and enter a prison full of men. If I wanted that I'd rob a bank! :P

Return to “Off-Topic”