A search for God

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Gary8847

A search for God

Postby Gary8847 » 21 Feb 2012 21:05

My intentions of going into Lucid Dreaming is not to explore the dream world. My in tentions is to explore my religion. And just a though, has anyone asked the question, in their dreams. 'GOD are you there?' I did.
Upon becoming lucid in a dream, this is what I asked. Though I startled myself awake by becoming lucid. And the verbal reply did not come. The answer was visual and almost instantanious. Which was, yes.
I plan to ask this again. Hopefully, I can learn to hold myself inside the dream world long enough to get a reply. Maybe, some of you people would like to join me.

Jack Reacher

Re: A search for God

Postby Jack Reacher » 22 Feb 2012 04:08

I did that once before going to sleep, it was kinda dissapointing. I will try and recall the exact script of what happened.

"God, are you there in my head?"

"Yes"

"Is that you replying, or is it just me saying yes in my head?"

"...."
"a bit of both"

"You hesitated, why?"

"Because you hesitated. I act through your thoughts"

"So you are basically me?"

"yea"

"So Im basically just talking to myself? screw this im going to sleep"
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 22 Feb 2012 05:17

Jack Reacher wrote:I did that once before going to sleep, it was kinda dissapointing. I will try and recall the exact script of what happened.

"God, are you there in my head?"

"Yes"

"Is that you replying, or is it just me saying yes in my head?"

"...."
"a bit of both"

"You hesitated, why?"

"Because you hesitated. I act through your thoughts"

"So you are basically me?"

"yea"

"So Im basically just talking to myself? screw this im going to sleep"

:lol:

I'm with you on this... I believe answers from a lucid dream come from my Self. I don't believe in God, and so if I ask the same question of my lucid dream ("Is God real?") the answer will reflect my belief ("No.")

Rationally, if God really did speak to us through lucid dreams, shouldn't we all receive the same answer to this question? Or does he only choose to speak to those who believe in him? Ay, there's the rub!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Feb 2012 19:34

I agree with Rebecca. In fact, there are many passages in the Bible which seem to allude to communication with God and angels being nothing but the product of lucid dreaming. There is a whole chapter dedicated to this in Michael Raduga's "School of Out-of-Body Travel". There is good reason to suspect that beliefs in God and angels where played out and reinforced via lucid dreaming. In this day and age, there are many alien abductions which, in the majority of cases, take place before, during or after sleep (many with sleep paralysis symptoms).

The following passage from the Book of Job will be particularly familiar to many of you lucid dreamers out there:

"12 Now a thing was secretly brought to me, and mine ear received a little thereof.
13 In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falleth on men,
14 Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones shake.
15 Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up:
16 It stood still, but I could not discern the form thereof: an image [was] before mine eyes, [there was] silence, and I heard a voice, [saying],"

and the following is a real account by an 8-year-old child who was in the lucid dream state and didn't know it:

"...I woke up and was surprised at how light it was outside for the middle of the night. I walked to the bathroom... I got some water and went to the window, and then I almost dropped the glass once I saw something the size of a dwarf noisily running across the windowsill. It was about the same height as the window. The creature had a humanoid form, it was wearing small black boots, striped bright green stockings, a bright red jacket, and a hooded cap of the same color... I was so scared that I figured I should run and hide, but out of sheer curiosity I decided to move closer to the window and ascertain whether or not I had just been seeing things. Going to the window, I saw how a strange object flew out from one corner of the house. I immediately recognized it from its outline and shape: this was Santa's sleigh!"

- School of Out-of-Body Travel

Hmmm... :shock:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Gary8847

Postby Gary8847 » 22 Feb 2012 21:00

I beleave that I will hang secured in what I beleave in God and the Bible. There has been too many things in my life that says it is true...all of it. It all comes down to faith. And for me, the fact that God has not been completely silent throughout my life.

To me, Lucid dreaming will be a new avenue to explore my religion. It will be used as a powerful tool. That is my plan and goal. Seek God first in everything I do. Be it in the dream world or the waking world or in death....I've been there.

It might be, this waking world is the dream. And what we call the dream world is the real world. After all, when you are in flight in a dream. Is it not as natural as taking your next breath of air.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 23 Feb 2012 04:52

The problem for me is that god cant be proved even in principle, if he shows his face I can always doubt that it was a dream/hullicination etc... so yeah its all down to faith, not going to argue with that. Its not a lack of god in my life that makes me question his existence, but a lack of god in other peoples lives, those born with very little cards etc, I find it hard to believe that those born in countries that dont teach the bible will go to hell... anyway I best leave this topic before it gets out of hand, good luck with your dreams.

Gary8847

Postby Gary8847 » 23 Feb 2012 08:48

So, how many people be leave that OBEs are real?

There is something that we are taught about back in our school years. That being the food chain. Where on that food chain is the human race?

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 24 Feb 2012 01:09

First of all, I hope humans aren't eaten :shock: Second of all, I am very serious when it comes to Christianity! ^^ Also, for Atheist's, they often ask me; Why Christianity? So I simply answer; If there was a heaven and hell; for God's sake who knows?, I would pick heaven over anything else in the world. Even if you doubt, better good than evil!
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 24 Feb 2012 02:48

Rebecca wrote:I'm with you on this... I believe answers from a lucid dream come from my Self. I don't believe in God, and so if I ask the same question of my lucid dream ("Is God real?") the answer will reflect my belief ("No.")

Yes. :)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 24 Feb 2012 08:31

Thats kinda why I dislike Christianity though, it kinda makes people believe in it simply because they dont want to go to hell.

Return to “Off-Topic”