What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
25%

Total votes: 118

Gary8847

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Gary8847 » 21 Feb 2012 20:22

I beleave that church is not a brick an mortor thing that time can tear down. It is the world around us. And church is something that we never leave. If you ask me if I beleave in a god. I would have to say, 'no.' I know there is God. Only one. One can not live my life and not know that God is real. I have seen things that the best telescope can not see, which I think is the hubble. I have been places that no car nor plane can get to. The vehicle was the hand of God, himself.
I do beleave that the dream world is not at all fantasy. But the world of the soul. If you read the Bible. You will see, that God and his angels use the dreamworld to communicate with us. With exception of two people that have walked this earth. Those are Moses and Jesus himself. Who was God in man form.
As for the big bang. That would have been a sight to see. And yes, it had to happen. The words, 'let there be.' Makes it possible.

Does that answer your question about religion, where I am concernd?

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 23 Feb 2012 05:01

Im not usually the guy to do this, but since you did it in another topic I just gotta point it out.

This is how you spell "Believe"

Anyway something that just caught my interest, most people who are certain there is a god talk in the same manner as you do.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Gary8847

Postby Gary8847 » 23 Feb 2012 09:25

That is because God does not talk to just one person. And yes, I do misspell a few words here and there. Not a biggy, you knew what was being said.

Thinking about all things. Just maybe this, the waking world as we know. Maybe this world is the dream world. Maybe this body is something like a bandaide that keeps us grounded in this world.

Did we discover the black hole or did we dream it first...I find a lot of things we dream of before we find it.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 24 Feb 2012 00:25

As for me, I feel any TOE that revolves around the human race is probably wrong. I feel that life is just part of the grand scheme that is existence.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 24 Feb 2012 01:04

Christianity is my thing! I really hope to save people. People ask me often, why Christianity? My answer: Even if there is a heaven or hell, I would prefer to choose heaven. You never know. Science does not prove a lot of things.
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 24 Feb 2012 02:51

Rebecca wrote:
Wolvendeer wrote:I don't find the thought scary at all. Provided I'm not buried in a vault like most people are, I am completely fine with winking out and letting my parts go back to mother nature and scatter to the universe. I actually find the thought as comforting as most religious people find the thought of an afterlife. Now, it would be somewhat annoying to be buried in such a way that my body is of no use to anything, but that won't be my concern once the time comes. In my opinion, whatever you believe, you should be comfortable with your end.

I agree with this. Though it does present a paradox.... I mean, I'd like my body to disintegrate and cease to exist just as my mind has - and that means cremation and scattering in the wind. Rotting in the ground takes too long and is a waste of space, I feel. And besides, I don't want to be dug up by archaeologists in 1,000 years' time. But if I'm dead, I'm dead, so I won't really care. It's just the thought of it, while I'm alive, that makes it matter. And there's the contradiction. I really should have no say in it.

My next question is, if you believe you'll continue to exist as a spirit in the afterlife, why does it matter what happens to your physical body? Does it?

Still can't shake off the thought of not existing. :?
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Feb 2012 02:55

I think we will always exist but after death with the sense of self or "I" that is pretty much ego and so we will die, not exist in a way that we would know ourself but still exist. I tend to think it will be a little like the state in the void where all sense of self is gone but awareness is still there.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 24 Feb 2012 02:57

Gary8847 wrote:If you read the Bible. You will see, that God and his angels use the dreamworld to communicate with us.

Genesis 19: 26
But Lot's wife looked back and she turned into a pillar of salt.

Genesis 22: 2
God said, "Take your son, your one and only son Isaac whom you love and go to the land of Moriah. There you shall offer him as a sacrifice on one of the heights I will show you."

Exodus 7: 10-11
When Moses and Aaron came to Pharaoh, they did as the Lord told them. Aaron threw down his staff in front of Pharaoh and his courtiers and it turned into a serpent. At this Pharaoh summoned the wise men and the sorcerers, and the Egyptian magicians did the same thing by their spells.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Well, I learned a whole lot from that... :|

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 25 Feb 2012 19:12

Genesis 19: 26
But Lot's wife looked back and she turned into a pillar of salt.

Genesis 22: 2
God said, "Take your son, your one and only son Isaac whom you love and go to the land of Moriah. There you shall offer him as a sacrifice on one of the heights I will show you."

Exodus 7: 10-11
When Moses and Aaron came to Pharaoh, they did as the Lord told them. Aaron threw down his staff in front of Pharaoh and his courtiers and it turned into a serpent. At this Pharaoh summoned the wise men and the sorcerers, and the Egyptian magicians did the same thing by their spells.

But why do you only list the bad things? There were reasons for those verses!

1st one: She was supposed to keep his faith by listening, but she did not so therefore the result was not a very happy one.

2nd one: At the end he never kills the son! It says that God stops him!

3rd one: It was meant to save slavery.

No hard feelings, but you should have known that! It's a little bias if you only post the bad things which make it seem like hell :? There are over 100 verses that explain those stories, and they all have different meanings
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 29 Feb 2012 00:04

I don't mean to attAck religion by only exposing bad verses of the bible. I just want people who are 100% sure, that they are "right" about their religion to take a minute and see what kind of hokey and magical story tales are in their book of worship. I am always so annoyed when people just "know" that their religion is correct, that their god exists. They might say to me, "how do you know my god does not exist?"
I say back, "I am not saying that your god does not exist, I am simply saying that there is no way for you to know he does. How you ask? Because I don't know if your god exists or not, therefore you don't know, because you do not posess any mental powers that I do not."

Return to “Off-Topic”