Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Peter

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Peter » 01 Mar 2015 01:08

anything with a bit of emotional strength seems to bleed in. I have a range of around 2 days to get it to come through but also a lot of of the time it will be there the evening after some strong event that day

Whatever is normal to you is your normal - all good
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

tango

Postby tango » 03 Mar 2015 20:47

I'm new to LD'ing as my question will verify.
Is it possible for a LD'er to cause another dreamer to become lucid?
Tango

AnonymousFive

Postby AnonymousFive » 05 Mar 2015 07:39

OK, so I have been trying to lucid dream for over 4 months now but still have not succeeded. I have kept a dream journal the whole time and done reality checks 4 to 5 times a day and I have had no LDs yet. Could anyone give me some advice?

1/3 life

Postby 1/3 life » 11 Mar 2015 04:37

Here's the deal, I'm new to lucid dreaming, I've had two lucid dreams, but they were short and around 2 weeks apart. I have been keeping a dream journal, but for some reason I stopped remembering several dreams a night, and now I only remember one or maybe two. I do reality checks daily, but for some reason I don't remember to do them in my dreams no matter how crazy my dreams are. Any advice on how to start remembering more dreams and how to go lucid more often would be greatly appreciated.

interestingly enough, it was my more normal dreams that made me go lucid. I can be in the middle of no where with complete strangers doing weird things, and it doesn't trigger anything, but the two dreams that caused lucidity were dreams where I was hanging out with my friends in my dorm.

JassieKaren

Postby JassieKaren » 11 Mar 2015 09:32

1) Before looking into lucid dreaming I had nice vivid dreams but during this week, with use of the mild technique, It's been so hard to get a vivid dream, what can I do? and why is this happening?
2) Is it okay to meditate on the bus?
3) How do I stop falling asleep when meditating? :P
Dare to Explore. Even in your wildest dreams.

Fira

Postby Fira » 30 Mar 2015 00:25

So... I have insomnia. In this case, that means it takes me at least an hour and sometimes more than that, to fall asleep at night, no matter how tired I am. There have been cases where I haven't gone to sleep for over four hours. I have begun to fix this by doing the obvious things: Going to sleep/waking up at around the same time every day. Going to bed at a decent hour. Turning off electronics two hours to an hour before bed and just reading so I'm relaxed. (The exception this is when I go look at the subliminal messages videos on this site to induce lucid dreaming.) These things have made it a lot easier to go to sleep, but it STILL takes me an hour to over an hour to fall asleep.

Because of this, I feel that MILD and WBTB will never work, because they require you to be able to go to sleep fairly quickly. Anytime I attempt MILD and start getting to that point where I'm drifting off, I gently ask myself if I'm dreaming even though I know I'm awake, but then suddenly I'm dead asleep with no remembrance of me doing the MILD in the first place. And then I'm dreaming non-lucidly and it doesn't click. And with WBTB, you have to get up so your conscious brain is awake, and then go back to sleep, still feeling tired. Yeah, that doesn't work when it takes me so long to go to sleep...

So what do I do? Just pray to God that I have a DILD? I mean, I've been keeping a dream journal and doing reality checks and reading/learning/talking about lucid dreaming, etc. But without the ability to even practice MILD, the best I can hope for is a DILD. How often do those occur?

oneironaut.ld

Postby oneironaut.ld » 30 Mar 2015 17:00

My question is a bit long, but here is the link:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16220

[ Post made via Android ] Image

RemedialMan

Postby RemedialMan » 24 Apr 2015 10:06

Hello I've been improving my ability to lucid dream for a few years now, not really actively, its more just after I got used to the topic I started noticing changes in the way my dreams would unfold. At first it was simply having longer, more detailed experiences that I had a much easier time remembering when I finally woke up. I kind of just started to call these experiences "long dreams" because it almost felt like time had very little meaning within them and I'd often get swept up into many different dreams that were starting to become vaguely connected. Really the next step was when I started to notice a common reacquiring feature in my "long dreams" I began being able to sort of fly by striding in the air and flapping my wings, sort of like I was for lack for a better term "double jumping" while pushing air underneath myself with my arms, sort of like you do when you tread water while swimming. Almost immediately after, that in itself, became a sure fire sign I was in a dream, its still my go to ability when I dream, and the thing I can reproduce most often. Here's where it gets weird though based on what I have read before this is when you should begin to change things within your dream. However for months the only thing that changed was a sense of knowing that I was in a dream while still being pulled along, whether I was traveling somewhere, in high school again, or whatever I'd feel like I had that knowledge but it didn't really matter, I could fly, but I was still the "me" of this dream world, everything was real there and the non dream self was sort of a backseat to the experience. So instead of lucid dreaming I more had a over the shoulder viewing experience of my dreams as they unfolded with a heightened ability to remember things.

During the past month things have changed dramatically and I believe I have made a major breakthrough. Sometimes I used to have problems with nightmares, and its always a struggle while dreaming to not let myself fully become part of the dream, because if I do that there is often no going back and I'm stuck in that dream/nightmare until I wake up. The past few nights I have been having "near nightmares" the most recent and vivid was last night when I was a part of a rural community, an unnamed trailer park that was also filled with sheet metal shacks, it was somewhere in a wooded mountain area. There was a wall of trailers between me and the noises but I could hear chanting that didn't sound like any language I knew and I could see strange light beyond the trailers like an aura. I don't remember it being like actual light that was hitting the trees or anything it was more like a color that I felt coming from that direction. I felt sick and I knew somehow that if i stayed there the people there would find me and I'd be pulled into a nightmare.

What was different and whats been changing along with these feelings that let me sense specifically when a nightmare is about to happen is I actually have been able to simply fly away and ignore the nightmare. It hasn't even been a sense of "I'm a person living here and I don't want to be scared by being hunted by villagers or whatever" its actually in dream been "Hey this is a nightmare I could probably just avoid it if I want to".

I'd like to start gaining control over how to actually change my surroundings when I dream. I feel like if I can even change one thing that's a rule of whatever dream I am in it will open the floodgates and I'll take another big step.

Any suggestions are welcome and I'm sorry for the wall of text with my first post here.

Necrox

Postby Necrox » 26 Apr 2015 18:54

Concerning WBTB, is it better to do the wake up ritual a little later if I wake up later on weekends or is it better to have the same schedule every night? I WBTB at 4:30 on weekdays and 6 on weekends.

astrovineyard

Postby astrovineyard » 27 Apr 2015 19:46

Fira wrote:So... I have insomnia. In this case, that means it takes me at least an hour and sometimes more than that, to fall asleep at night, no matter how tired I am. There have been cases where I haven't gone to sleep for over four hours. I have begun to fix this by doing the obvious things: Going to sleep/waking up at around the same time every day. Going to bed at a decent hour. Turning off electronics two hours to an hour before bed and just reading so I'm relaxed. (The exception this is when I go look at the subliminal messages videos on this site to induce lucid dreaming.) These things have made it a lot easier to go to sleep, but it STILL takes me an hour to over an hour to fall asleep.

Because of this, I feel that MILD and WBTB will never work, because they require you to be able to go to sleep fairly quickly. Anytime I attempt MILD and start getting to that point where I'm drifting off, I gently ask myself if I'm dreaming even though I know I'm awake, but then suddenly I'm dead asleep with no remembrance of me doing the MILD in the first place. And then I'm dreaming non-lucidly and it doesn't click. And with WBTB, you have to get up so your conscious brain is awake, and then go back to sleep, still feeling tired. Yeah, that doesn't work when it takes me so long to go to sleep...

So what do I do? Just pray to God that I have a DILD? I mean, I've been keeping a dream journal and doing reality checks and reading/learning/talking about lucid dreaming, etc. But without the ability to even practice MILD, the best I can hope for is a DILD. How often do those occur?

I have the same problem. In fact, my attempts to do anything lucid I believe has CAUSED my recent insomnia which only now I am getting over. All the meds that help with lucid dreams seem to also be able to trigger insomnia, so it seems like we are screwed until someone comes up with an insomnia-proof method or drug to help induce LD. I guess only people who already naturally LD easily or have no other sleep issues or problems falling asleep can do this stuff.

Return to “For Beginners”