Megaman Discussions

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
User avatar
nesgirl
Posts: 1278
Joined: 25 May 2014 23:10

Re: Megaman Discussions

Postby nesgirl » 05 Mar 2015 04:07

...
Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

User avatar
PKJacker
Posts: 104
Joined: 12 Aug 2014 03:54

Re: Megaman Discussions

Postby PKJacker » 05 Mar 2015 04:58

"Quote" Some Christians are anti-Mormon, and will not hesitate to beat up or kill Mormons. Although many of them do eventually convert to atheism. "End Quote"

Please stop thinking that religious people don't have as much hate as atheists towards other people. You imply in here that they were never truly CChristian so they converted, but what about all those crusades in the name of the Lord? Or the constant fight for Jerusalem.

"Quote" However, this is becoming a problem in the USA, as many religious people are beginning to lose their rights and are getting discriminated against "end Quote"

Please realize that the US is getting more tolerant of religions then before, although separating Church and State is always on the agenda. An example of the higher tolerance is that next year they're adding two more days off of school for Muslim holidays in September.


"Quote"
People who are religious are finding it really difficult to find jobs, they find it difficult to get into schools, they find it difficult to function in the communities, and will often be persecuted for their beliefs. People who keep their religion or anti-religion a secret are oftentimes much more successful in the USA, and usually don't have a problem at not getting jobs. I might even say that a female with a severe mental disability would probably have a better shot at becoming the next president than a religious person because of how 65% of the US looks at religion. I mean remember how most of the US hates Obama? Yet they still chose him over Romney because of his religion?
"End Quote"

Sorry for the long quote, but there's two points about this passage that I want to make.

First about the discrimination against religious people in jobs and getting into colleges and other opportunities, that's bs where I'm from.
Right now I'm only Catholic on paper since being atheist will close many opportunities in terms of scholarships and other programs, it's easy to call yourself a relaxed Catholic to an atheist employer, but not atheist to a religious employer, they simply won't understand you and mistrust you, how can you see no God when the superior employer does see a God?

Second point is that ALL of the US presidents have been religious, not a single one was atheist, it's a fact. Obama didn't win because he was less religious, he won because if you watched what Romney and his vice president candidate said, they were complete bullshit. ven making a blatant lie during a conference, and saying later that people don't need facts, they need emotion, as a justification to using this strategy.

"Quote"
I don't see any evil in the religion. I see the evil in how the people pervert their religions, and how people decide to treat others based on how they pervert them"end quote"

A week or so ago when I went to Sunday Mass, the first reading for that day was taken from the old testament basically saying that if you ever become a Leper you will ALWAYS be a leper and it will be your job to become the outcast and others have the job of shunning you. The second reading was talking about how Jesus healed a Leper by touching him.
The point of these readings were to prove that the Jews had it wrong, condemning people instead of helping them, saying it is the word of the Lord.

This little example shows that the books that are considered unaltered contain hate in their pages.


I didn't want to join the debate and stayed out of it for so long, but these little things just got to me. Some of the quotes may be altered due to phone being horrible, it was unintended and the passages I reply to should be assumed to be the unaltered ones.

Also on a side note not the whole US allows you to shoot people on your property, just a couple backwards states, and unless you're homeless or in jail you shouldn't worry so much about rape.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Three steps from bliss.

User avatar
Guitar48300
Posts: 1035
Joined: 06 Jun 2012 04:16
Location: Arizona

Re: Megaman Discussions

Postby Guitar48300 » 05 Mar 2015 05:34

DesertExplorer wrote:Hey guys. What game has the worst style in main character in your opinion? It's gonna be Devil May Cry for me.

Hmm, I'd say Far Cry 3. However I'm kind of still in the middle of that game so it may be too soon to judge.

Now I ask you: Who's the best video game villain/antagonist?

My choice is Pagan Min of Far Cry 4
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

User avatar
nesgirl
Posts: 1278
Joined: 25 May 2014 23:10

Re: Megaman Discussions

Postby nesgirl » 05 Mar 2015 05:46

...
Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

chaosdragoon13
Posts: 1068
Joined: 29 Nov 2013 16:54

Re: Megaman Discussions

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 05 Mar 2015 06:28

Oh my god, how many topics did you guys post? Ok here goes.

My least favorite character is mickey mouse, i know that technically he is disney but that stupid thing has a keyblade which he should NOT get. That piece of crap doesnt deserve such power, not to mention he is king? Are you serious? He doesnt deserve that much authority either, stupid crap, giving him that much importance in the story as well. Thats what i call drinking on the job if you know what i mean. :lol:

This one i dont get exactly, when you say "worst style in main character" do you mean the game or just the main character?

The best video game villian has to be omega from megaman zero 3, this guy is too awesome for me to ignore, i mean you fight him 3 times in the final battle. And he only becomes stronger afterwards, great battle theme as well.

User avatar
nesgirl
Posts: 1278
Joined: 25 May 2014 23:10

Re: Megaman Discussions

Postby nesgirl » 05 Mar 2015 07:00

...
Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 00:56, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3645
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Megaman Discussions

Postby Summerlander » 05 Mar 2015 10:59

Nesgirl, if scripture comes from psychos and schizos from the Middle Ages, how do you justify that it's okay for modern day people to take it seriously, live by it, call it valid, and deem it divine revelation? :-)

I still don't see any quotes where I called you names. Re-read that quote and tell me where it says, "nesgirl, you're a baby." :mrgreen:

I also only see evidence on your part for how religion gets in the way of economy and practicality. If people are needed in America to work on Sundays (I don't live there so I don't even know if what you spout is true) then I would rather see them work on Sundays than to see them do nothing but pray. Just like it wouldn't be productive if we all were Jains (who won't kill any lifeforms) because we need farmers and farmers need to exterminate pests in order to maintain crops.

And if in the States religion is "none of your business" why does the president need to lie about believing in God and pretend to be Christian? :-D

You also conveniently ignored PKJacker's excellent point about the Israeli-Palestine conflict where Jews and Muslims -- two religious groups -- fight for the Holy Land.

From where I am standing, secularists are far more ecumenical than the pious. It was secularists like Thomas Paine (anti-religious deist), Jefferson (Enlightened deist), and later William Garrison and Mark Twain, who wanted to see slavery abolished. Meanwhile, slaveholders used the Bible to justify what they were doing, because, guess what... it is in the Bible that slavery is okay!! :-D

For someone who suffered at the hands of religious people, nesgirl, and feels strongly about bullying and discrimination, you surely seem hellbent on defending their...er... moral values? :mrgreen:

But I get it... your friends here are believers so you feel the need to belong, right? 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
DesertExplorer
Posts: 747
Joined: 05 Oct 2014 20:44
Location: Xīlà

Re: Megaman Discussions

Postby DesertExplorer » 05 Mar 2015 13:02

Guitar48300 wrote:
DesertExplorer wrote:Hey guys. What game has the worst style in main character in your opinion? It's gonna be Devil May Cry for me.

Hmm, I'd say Far Cry 3. However I'm kind of still in the middle of that game so it may be too soon to judge.

Now I ask you: Who's the best video game villain/antagonist?

My choice is Pagan Min of Far Cry 4

Are you talking about Jason? Yeah, it's really funny how fast he becomes Rambo!! :lol:
But FC3 is way more interesting than FC4. This game is the same! Actually no. It's not the same because you can have buzzer. :D

And the main villain is just a little fagot. Vaas is way better. I'll have to go with him until I think about someone else. My mind is blocked right now..
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

User avatar
Guitar48300
Posts: 1035
Joined: 06 Jun 2012 04:16
Location: Arizona

Re: Megaman Discussions

Postby Guitar48300 » 05 Mar 2015 18:57

nesgirl wrote:The cluelessness I can agree with. However when the character matures, there are several features that can happen which can ruin the character. Puberty being one of them. Puberty doesn't just have to be the physical appearance, it can be the character's voice (guy's becomes deeper), or that the character becomes smarter and more mature throughout his quest. In some cases this can also lead to shipping in a character as well, or in other words, if it is a guy character, he may develop a liking towards female characters. This is unless the creators decide to make the main character asexual (which in the cases of Sonic, Ash, Snake, and Cloud, this is clearly the case), which if they decide the character is too important to ever be seen with a female, they will automatically program Sora to become asexual (I personally see asexual characters as the better characters in the series anyway). Also his goals may become more of a focus than his friendship as he matures (as in Japan, work is more important).

I doubt the work more important than friendship thing will happen, nor would I want it to. That's always been my favorite part of the whole game: Friendship is Power. But I also doubt they'll put what almost everyone wants: Sora and Kairi kissing. Just cause that would create some awkwardness with Riku. People we're just complaining how stupid Sora was in KH:3D(cant blame them) and I think that's all they're gonna change about him.

As for his voice getting deeper, well I definately prefer soras current voice than the kid one he had in KH1. Plus the voice actor, who they've had since KH1, is getting older. So it's not the creators fault. Besides, Sora is gonna be 17 in KH3. He needs that teenager voice

DesertExplorer wrote:Are you talking about Jason? Yeah, it's really funny how fast he becomes Rambo!! :lol:
But FC3 is way more interesting than FC4. This game is the same! Actually no. It's not the same because you can have buzzer. :D

And the main villain is just a little fagot. Vaas is way better. I'll have to go with him until I think about someone else. My mind is blocked right now..

And you get a wingsuit :D
I just think Jason so far is too whiny. Ajay is way more awesome to me. I think it's hilarious how they made Pagan Min such a Pop Diva psychopath. He's like a funnier, not to mention skinnier version of Kim Jong Un. Hopefully killing him is going to be just as fun when I finally get to him.


Okay Chaos, My least favorite KH character is Aqua. Mainly because of her "duty first" self-righteous personality. There's also too many times where it's like she's trying to be Terra and Ven's mother. "Ven let's go home, the Master said so" "Terra, why aren't you doing what the Master said?" "Ven, do as I say and go home". Seriously, she needs to lighten up and get a sense of adventure -.- I know she's just trying to protect her friends, but it's not like Ven can't fight for himself.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

chaosdragoon13
Posts: 1068
Joined: 29 Nov 2013 16:54

Re: Megaman Discussions

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 05 Mar 2015 20:11

Seriously? Aqua? You think aqua is the worst character? You have a variety of characters and you chose AQUA?! You have the first three idiots sora, kairi and riku, you have xehanort, you have ansem(xehanort's heartless), you have yen sid, you have marluxia, you have the three other idiots mickey, goofy and donald and you chose AQUA?!

Guitar think about you decision one more time before i fly to arizona and slap some sense into you. :lol:


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest