What's your current LD goal?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Re: What's your current LD goal?

Postby HAGART » 08 Mar 2015 09:40

Yea, but my subconscious has been blocking me from anything lately, so I might as well not fight it and perhaps it's trying to tell me something. In a tug of war with the subconscious it always wins.

I did have a lucid dream once well over a year ago, where I was in a bed like a lucid false awakening and there was a girl in my bed. I rolled out and was suddenly in the air, as if dropping out of an airplane, and she was riding piggy-back. I then showed off and was flying around at airplane altitude as if I had a rocket jet-pack. (It's always easy to fly at that height, but can never start from ground).

Anyway, I've mixed the two before. :D

It was very romantic actually and a killer first date! (Never saw her again though... :( )
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 08 Mar 2015 18:03

Umm, go to avatar world, grow angel wings and fly like a bird, talk to god, solve a real world problem in a dream, study for an exam in a dream

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Mar 2015 19:56

In a tug of war with the subconscious it always wins

I dont see it that way as I think the SC is an organic computer and we just need to learn the programming language and really that is all we are doing in for a longtime in the dreamspace. All our adventures are just visual basic and fun while learning
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Mar 2015 20:15

Talking about that 'tug of war' that I describe is actually still related to LD Goals for this thread because it has to do with mental blocks. I have a bunch of them for some reason.

Peter wrote:I think the SC is an organic computer and we just need to learn the programming language

I concur and feel like my mind is like a computer too. (We use that analogy because it's convenient. Many years ago we would have compared it to a Swiss watch, given the times). But we're in the computer age, and I feel a dual processing going on in my mind. One is 'me', the thinker, and the other is doing sub routines in the background. In a lucid dream, I can think and wish all I want (the thinker), but that other side of me, dubbed the subconscious, seems to just have a mind of it's own.

New LD Goal: Bridge the gap between the two and figure out what I'm trying to say! :lol:

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Mar 2015 20:25

lol - thats a big outcome. When I think of the programming its also a lot like our conversations where there is free choice to reply and the SC to me is a part of me in the sense that it thinks as well. We can get to fly and create and that hard but liner in its own way, next up is the hard stuff when we can decide if interactions are with DC's in our mind or energies outside of our mind and really its not important in a pure sense as we are debating or learning in each case.

I think some of the stable DC's like the one that stopped my dream and told me off is part of me but I dont know what it is driven by so a real interesting setup. We just keep hammering away at boundaries
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

xboxspider

Postby xboxspider » 15 Mar 2015 02:14

I'm interested in just plain flying over cities like NYC or LA since i really havent ever flew in an LD before.
"Turn around" I say to my friends. They turn around and see a beautiful sandy beach. They were stunned.
Lucid Dreams: 6
Regular Dreams ∞+
Goal this year: 5 LDs

Pika?

Postby Pika? » 15 Mar 2015 18:00

I want to drive a Sports Car!!!!

Vorsprung durch Technik- "Lead through technology"

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 16 Mar 2015 14:09

Pika? wrote:I want to drive a Sports Car!!!!

Let me guess! A Porche maybe? :P
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Pika?

Postby Pika? » 16 Mar 2015 14:51

Hell yea. 911 turbo to be precise. I remembered to do it in an LD, but screwed up the lucidity afterwards

Vorsprung durch Technik- "Lead through technology"

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Mar 2015 22:18

If you drive often when awake, driving a car in a dream is extremely common. I've had a few joy rides in lucid dreams, but who knows what the make or model of the car actually was. It wasn't as realistic as driving a car in real life, but it was still quite exhilarating. I tried to drive into on-coming traffic once, but the other cars just passed right through me. And twice that I recall, I actually opened the door and got out of the car while it was still moving. I just hit the ground running to keep my balance.

I don't fly well in dreams, but I do like to drive. Sometimes I just sit and pretend I have an invisible Go-Kart and just start moving around the dream like that. It must look funny, but I don't care. It's good fun to try!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”