Who was this

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Peter

Who was this

Postby Peter » 24 Feb 2012 20:42

I recalled about 5 dreams this morning and two dreams that were linked and of interest to me.

I am in a seaside town and walking along a cliff top and my cell phone rings so I have a look at it. There is an image and it is the avatar of one of the members on this forum, I recognise it right away. The msg below simply says "I want to talk"

I have trouble replying as buttons change and screen shots change but I dont get that I am dreaming so I put the phone away.

Later I am in a room and it is full of people and we are talking about dream signs, I am saying that it is great as I have never met another dreamer and its cool to be able to talk about it. We are discussing dream signs and how its so hard to get them and describing all the signs and laughing about it. I see the member that sent me the txt, just know that it is the same person and could describe this person if needed.

It was an interesting dream as the DC were as real as living people and all had awareness, there was no doubt that I was in a real place having a real conversation. The fact that I was not fully aware was also interesting as I had not set this meeting up in any way as i sometimes do in a dream if I want to discuss or sort an issue. In spite of this I was describing past dream signs that had been present in many dreams.

I have done an dreaming intererview lately and was going to catch up with someone associated with dreaming when I next travel so may have seeded this dream but it was a small part of a big night of dreaming

Question - did anyone else have a simlar dream or related dream last night?
Would you place this as a Lucid Dream, Vivid Dream, shared dream or just a dream?

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Re: Who was this

Postby Jack Reacher » 25 Feb 2012 01:10

Couldn't remember my dream last night but I would place that as a vivid dream. The way I see it vivid and lucid dreams are pretty much the same, they both feel real and you have really good awareness. The main difference is that with lucid dreams you realise that it isnt reality. I still have many dreams that aren't vivid or lucid, they are kinda like stories really.

So the idea of dreamsigns is now one of your dreamsigns?!
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Feb 2012 01:34

It was a vivid for me but cool with what was going on.

The whole dreamsign thing to me is just not consistant and I dont like the concept or process, they are to random and dont produce consistant results so I am keen to chuck the idea. I either have WILD with or without supplements or spontainiousy know I am lucid - it just happens. What I am trying to do is find out what and why this happens and try to induce the LD by a more consistant means.

I have some ideas but nothing worth reporting at this stage.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Feb 2012 02:32

Peter wrote:The msg below simply says "I want to talk"

Maybe someone on the forum had this as a thought in a dream or WR.

Peter wrote:I have trouble replying as buttons change and screen shots change but I dont get that I am dreaming so I put the phone away.

For me this is one of my most reliable dream signs, although my waking life cell phones often work worse than the dream ones!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Feb 2012 02:35

yes to both, I will wait few days and them PM who i think it was. I expect it will be no more that a random thought enacted by something that was in another part of my mind but will make the contact soon enough

The phones are about as good as one thats been in the wash

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Feb 2012 04:29

I'm curious to know if the description of the person you saw matches.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Feb 2012 04:38

I hope i dont offend the other dreamer by my description as i will PM one person based on an avatar on a cellphone in a dream. LOL makes me smile at the thought but its a bit of fun and truly random.

I am not sure of time frames for this person and that will be interesting as most likely they were not alseep at the time. I wonder if our dreams can be shared or to contact anyone do they need to be dreaming or could we pick up thoughts. There are plenty of examples floating around of people thinking about each other and making contact and sometimes after years apart. Anyway we will see

Peter

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 25 Feb 2012 16:22

You're right, standard vivid dream. Keep us posted. It would be incredible if this was a shared dream.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Feb 2012 20:06

Peter wrote:The msg below simply says "I want to talk"

Maybe you should send a text back and see if the other person gets it.

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Feb 2012 07:26

a dream txt - that would be interesting :lol:

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”