Sleep paralysis

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
natcrew

Sleep paralysis

Postby natcrew » 24 Feb 2012 16:55

I don't really know what sleep paralysis is, apart from the fact it happens to lucid dreamers, and that you can't move and you hallucinate scary monsters :<
Could anyone please shed some light on my perspective?
Thankz
(>'-')>

lucidinthe sky

Re: Sleep paralysis

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Feb 2012 17:24

It happens to everyone during dreams, it's a protection mechanism so you don't do something crazy and injure yoruself. Lucid dreamers are just sometimes aware of it, especially during WILD attempts.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 24 Feb 2012 23:01

It's basically what your body does to stop you moving your body whilst dreaming. Generally it happens after you have gone to sleep, however rarely it happens before. The main idea of a WILD is to use techniques to increase the chance of this happening and from there access the dreamworld.
Dreaming is my drug

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 25 Feb 2012 20:27

lucidinthe sky wrote:It happens to everyone during dreams, it's a protection mechanism so you don't do something crazy and injure yoruself. Lucid dreamers are just sometimes aware of it, especially during WILD attempts.

Oh good; I thought it was something scary ): There is this myth- no wait this is real. It is where you wake up and you cannot move your whole body because all of your muscles are clenched. If you stay still and not try to move, it may cause serious permanant injury.

The unknown part is that they say when you do not try to move, and in your dream you die, then it can cause death.
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Feb 2012 20:56

torakrubik wrote:Oh good; I thought it was something scary ): There is this myth- no wait this is real. It is where you wake up and you cannot move your whole body because all of your muscles are clenched. If you stay still and not try to move, it may cause serious permanant injury.

I've woken up paralyzed, and it is very frightening if you don't know what it is. Once I realized there wasn't anything I could do about it anyway, I relaxed and it went away by itself. It was not very fun, but there's no way this would cause injury. If you're in bed unable to move it's probably the only time in your life when you be sure you aren't going to be injured!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

natcrew

Postby natcrew » 25 Feb 2012 21:14

Thanks for the info, but what about
the hallucinations? Any tips on
dealing with a witch sitting on
your chest? Lol
:D

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 25 Feb 2012 21:27

natcrew wrote:Thanks for the info, but what about
the hallucinations? Any tips on
dealing with a witch sitting on
your chest? Lol
:D

Woah did that happen to you.? A witch sitting on your chest is kind of intense.. o.o

Umm. Well I do know this.. it is either your mind/brain deceiving you, you are possessed, your house is possessed, or a demon was inside of your room..

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 25 Feb 2012 21:29

lucidinthe sky wrote:
torakrubik wrote:Oh good; I thought it was something scary ): There is this myth- no wait this is real. It is where you wake up and you cannot move your whole body because all of your muscles are clenched. If you stay still and not try to move, it may cause serious permanant injury.

I've woken up paralyzed, and it is very frightening if you don't know what it is. Once I realized there wasn't anything I could do about it anyway, I relaxed and it went away by itself. It was not very fun, but there's no way this would cause injury. If you're in bed unable to move it's probably the only time in your life when you be sure you aren't going to be injured!

But not really, it happens to my friend all the time. Also, it may cause injury because if you have intense cramps, your muscles can get injured

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Feb 2012 21:34

As hard as it is you must relax if you get an attack of SP. Its your reaction that adds fear and discomfort to SP.
You cant move, you fear this, emotions take over and its not much fun
So

You cant move, smile, understand that it will pass soon, when it does you may be into a fully lucid dream.

To have awareness ie:SP can be one of the signs of being near entering a LD
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

natcrew

Postby natcrew » 25 Feb 2012 21:34

No Sarah, I haven't had an episode of sleep
paralysis, it's just I read somewhere that someone
had a witch on their chest XD
Have you ever had it?

Return to “Paranormal Activity”