Newbie questions..

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
TheSilentOne

Newbie questions..

Postby TheSilentOne » 25 Feb 2012 10:52

Well after looking through pretty much every article on this website I thought I'd join the forums to get some questions answered personally so uh..Here I go.

So I started reading about LDs and learnt that you need good dream recall, and mine sucked.
So I bought a notebook and started a dream journal, slowly but surely my dreams started to become more frequent until I didnt write in it for a couple of nights, now I don't seem to remember any of my dreams.
So did I mess up my recall by not writing?

Another question is, when I'm falling to sleep, I try my best to relax but I seem to be plagued by random twitches or itches, almost like my body is fighting against me wanting to relax, so are weird experiences like that a normal part of trying to consciously relax?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Sarah

Re: Newbie questions..

Postby Sarah » 25 Feb 2012 19:03

Well, if you write down, it doesn't really matter but it helps you remember your dreams better! Another thing is, right before you go to sleep, make sure you are confident and you believe and tell yourself "I am Lucid" and "I will remember my dreams" And more encouraging words- your brain will process those words into your body.
Also, if you have trouble relaxing, it's ok! It happens to a lot of people, you just have to be comfortable and practice more! Usually the weird itches are caused from dust
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

TheSilentOne

Postby TheSilentOne » 26 Feb 2012 03:29

I'll give saying those phrases a try, hadnt really done that yet. Thanks. :D

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 26 Feb 2012 03:40

No problem! But remember- it's not only if you say it you have to believe o:
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

TheSilentOne